TV wants no part of Corch Al's scheme (quote)

three recruiting classes and he can't land a 4 star HS DT at Miami.

He's pathetic. It's the same reason Coker couldn't land a WR--our offense sucked, so no WR's wanted to play in it.

Let's ignore the fact that he has recruited under a 3 year investigation while recruiting the most competitive position down south in DT's.

If you were a DT would you sign up to come play at Miami when other programs are telling you they're about to get hammered??

Would you turn down UF or FSU or LSU or anywhere else that has a major program if you thought they were going to hammer Miami?

Don't let this get in the way of bashing a HC who has stuck through this mediocre program, and is trying to undue about 8 years of horrible coaching.

Also let's turn a blind eye to the fact that this HC and DC actually scouted and developed 2 DT's at Temple better than any DT LSU has put in the league recently.

Commence the bashing...

If you were an elite talent like TV, would you come to Miami to play for a head coach who hasn't fired his defensive coordinator despite more than sub-par results? Play for a guy who will keep his best friend on the staff even if it's a detriment to the team?

If you were an elite talent like TV, would you choose to play in a defensive scheme that hinders the natural aggression of it's personnel?

If you were an elite talent like TV, would you choose to play for LSU, the team that is currently most represented in the NFL and known for aggressive defenses, or a team who's head coach recently tried to bail for his alma mater only to be rejected?

Commence your slurping.

Yes I would for one live in Miami not Baton Rouge for 3 years.

Also I know the other players Miami is bringing in at DL to help me not get all the attention.

I also know the current D staff proved they can develop real talent which can help me make millions.

So yes I would choose Miami over LSU, it's not slurping it's called knowing football.

SMH.

Advertisement
If you were an elite talent like TV, would you choose to play for LSU, the team that is currently most represented in the NFL and known for aggressive defenses, or a team who's head coach recently tried to bail for his alma mater only to be rejected?

Les Miles flirted not once but twice with his alma mater Michigan to get raises and other financial concessions for his staff and facilities and most recently even did the same with conference rival Arkansas (they ultimately hired Bielema) and garnered a big raise and extension from LSU.

Couple of tiny differences:
1. Miles has won big and accomplished things at LSU;
2. Michigan offered him the job, and he turned it down.

Unless something changes he's not coming.

483.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
He also says most importantly he's looking at academics!!! lol I wish these kids would mean this when they say it. Then it wouldn't be a ******* contest.

AG should show TV film of Ndamukong Suh when he was at Nebraska. They 2-gap their defensive tackles, much like we do (in scheme, not in execution). It'll look much different when a quality player is fulfilling that role -- not someone like Curtis Porter, who was god awful. All Porter did his entire career was cry like a little *****. The fact that he played the majority snaps this year is indicative of our lack of talent on the defensive line.

Advertisement
I'm still waiting to see the context of the qoute.

Here is the whole article which OP didn't provide source link..
http://www.southernpigskin.com/recruiting/valentine-down-to-two/

Thanks. I see that he was explaining what type of DT he is and not even talking about schemes he fits best into. Awesome thanks for the misleading thread title OP.

Now time to neg the **** outta the op for Trolling

Thanks. I see that he was explaining what type of DT he is and not even talking about schemes he fits best into. Awesome thanks for the misleading thread title OP.

So describing the type of DT you are isn't essentially talking about the scheme you fit best in? Why would he describe himself as an attacking DT only to think that he fits best in a more passive scheme?

Advertisement
If that's the case why did he ever commit to play in this scheme

couple of reasons i can think of here, just presuming of course.

Loves the campus and South Florida, wanted to stay home.

Bought the lemon Golden was selling him.

Got all excited to play with his boys.

We get our **** pushed in by FSU, get our weak *** D exposed and never recover from it. My girl who doesnt pay much attention to football went to the Rustled Bowl with me and asks me "How come when we snap the ball they are all over us, but when they do we kind of just stand there and wait for them to do something?..."

Thats a 22 year old girl who gives no ****s about football, and she can point out the flaws in our defensive scheme. Its elementary my dear watson. Like my boy Nas said, it aint hard to tell... no success with this pointless scheme unless we have at least 6 nfl caliber playmakers in our front 7-8.

Smart woman....marry her

LSU plays a 4-3, they're often in a Wide-9/New York Giants NASCAR package....Ego Ferguson, Benie Logan, Glenn Dorsey, Kyle Williams Anthony the Freak Johnson, etc.

LSU has been a NFL DT factory the last 10 yrs. I'm not even mad at Valentine...Golden and D'Nofrio have produced no 1st rd. DT since they've been here, they have no credibility

So describing the type of DT you are isn't essentially talking about the scheme you fit best in? Why would he describe himself as an attacking DT only to think that he fits best in a more passive scheme?

Our fan base isn't the quickest in connecting the dots...

Advertisement
TV's quote needs to be read in context. Further, Al has communicated to TV - supposedly - what his plans are for him. It's not going to be a 0 technique. Al and company have told TV that they plan on him being a 3 technique DT and at times play 0. TIFWIW

O
three recruiting classes and he can't land a 4 star HS DT at Miami.

He's pathetic. It's the same reason Coker couldn't land a WR--our offense sucked, so no WR's wanted to play in it.

Let's ignore the fact that he has recruited under a 3 year investigation while recruiting the most competitive position down south in DT's.

If you were a DT would you sign up to come play at Miami when other programs are telling you they're about to get hammered??

Would you turn down UF or FSU or LSU or anywhere else that has a major program if you thought they were going to hammer Miami?

Don't let this get in the way of bashing a HC who has stuck through this mediocre program, and is trying to undue about 8 years of horrible coaching.

Also let's turn a blind eye to the fact that this HC and DC actually scouted and developed 2 DT's at Temple better than any DT LSU has put in the league recently.

Commence the bashing...

If you were an elite talent like TV, would you come to Miami to play for a head coach who hasn't fired his defensive coordinator despite more than sub-par results? Play for a guy who will keep his best friend on the staff even if it's a detriment to the team?

If you were an elite talent like TV, would you choose to play in a defensive scheme that hinders the natural aggression of it's personnel?

Commence your slurping.

Yes I would for one live in Miami not Baton Rouge for 3 years.

Also I know the other players Miami is bringing in at DL to help me not get all the attentionI

I also know the current D staff proved they can develop real talent which can help me make millions.

So yes I would choose Miami over LSU, it's not slurping it's called knowing football.

A pathetic attempt at saving face. Stop posting.

I would stop but trying to
Keep the board football iq up.

c

Our fan base isn't the quickest in connecting the dots...

Nah but they sure quick as **** to take a quote completely out of context to benefit their own agenda! Op can --->:diaf:

AG should show TV film of Ndamukong Suh when he was at Nebraska. They 2-gap their defensive tackles, much like we do (in scheme, not in execution). It'll look much different when a quality player is fulfilling that role -- not someone like Curtis Porter, who was god awful. All Porter did his entire career was cry like a little ****. The fact that he played the majority snaps this year is indicative of our lack of talent on the defensive line.

And there's the cannibalization of our players. Curtis Porter, who was actually a really good prospect, played a lot better as a freshmans than he did last year. He was productive and showed flashes of brilliance when he was allowed to be a disruptive force. Porter had a lightning quick first step and could have been an excellent DT in the right system.

Advertisement
Back