TV wants no part of Corch Al's scheme (quote)

If some of you don't think Genron had a small hand in this then i got a nice beach house to sell you in Upstate NY..

Genron wouldn't have any ammunition to use against UM if Alpo wasn't such a disaster. If Alpo fielded even a competent defense (wouldn't have to be great), we'd have TV because Hurlie does work.

Advertisement
Unless something changes he's not coming.

462.gif

Muhammad Wilkerson played in that scheme and now he's one of the best defensive lineman in the NFL. Yea I know he played for Temple, but what im trying to say is that if you're a dominant defensive lineman, you'll dominate in any scheme. I think TV is using the scheme as an excuse to not come to Miami.

Muhammad Wilkerson played in that scheme and now he's one of the best defensive lineman in the NFL. Yea I know he played for Temple, but what im trying to say is that if you're a dominant defensive lineman, you'll dominate in any scheme. I think TV is using the scheme as an excuse to not come to Miami.

Whatever the reason he doesn't come to the U, IMO it is an epic failure and is consistent with the many reasons (not excuses) why the U will be mired in mediocrity for a long time. As tough as this is to accept fans better get used to it. This is the same story that seems to occur ever recruiting season. It is not even a pattern developing, but the norm.

Advertisement
I don't blame TV, he wants nothing to do with the dumpster fire thats UM football.

I don't blame him either. I'm a selfish fck viewing this all in light of what's best for me as a UM fan, and that's why I think he should come to UM. But if I step away from that biased perspective, there's really no reason he should choose UM over LSU as a DT.

It really sucks that Diabeetus Gut has turned our defense into such a cesspool that it's almost impossible to rationally sell it to anyone.

When this man gets all logical and steps away from his UM fandom, you know **** has gotten bad. I really cannot believe that we have gotten to this point with Al Golden. I mean, right now I'm sitting here absolutely knowing that the 2014 season is going to be a disaster, especially defensively. I was more optimistic heading into Shannon's 4th year. At this point I'm just ready to get this season over with and see what the fallout is. smh

Man you better hope against everything that you are wrong. I really don't see anything getting better in that scenario. Not easy to come off 3 straight failed coaching staffs. We are already behind the 8-ball for a variety of reasons (private school, poor fan support etc). If there is anything we've struck out on more than Defensive Tackles its high profile head coaches... And with each failed coach the job becomes a lower prestige job.

Personally, I disagree because I look at it differently. IF we end up with a change at the top, I think what we need to do is take a chance on a guy that's innovative. It's not about UM being a high profile job because I'll say this much, no matter how long we suck, if offered, an OC like Malzahn would leave his current coordinator position to take the UM job (of course I'm speaking as to back when he was available). We don't need to look for high profile coaches. We need to find an up and comer that seems to be pretty **** top notch at his side of the ball. Lost in all of this talk about street agents and boosters and kids getting paid is the fact that it's been a long **** time since I think any of us could say that it would be exciting to play in that particular UM offense or that particular UM defense. We need to change that, fear of a guy not having head coaching experience be damned.

Whatever the reason he doesn't come to the U, IMO it is an epic failure and is consistent with the many reasons (not excuses) why the U will be mired in mediocrity for a long time. As tough as this is to accept fans better get used to it. This is the same story that seems to occur ever recruiting season. It is not even a pattern developing, but the norm.

Well it wont be from the lack of trying. What more can we ask for?

I'd rather lose being aggressive than to get blown out being passive.
Defensive players love to attack, not stand around and allow fat ***
guards and fullbacks to push them down the field.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't blame TV, he wants nothing to do with the dumpster fire thats UM football.

I don't blame him either. I'm a selfish fck viewing this all in light of what's best for me as a UM fan, and that's why I think he should come to UM. But if I step away from that biased perspective, there's really no reason he should choose UM over LSU as a DT.

It really sucks that Diabeetus Gut has turned our defense into such a cesspool that it's almost impossible to rationally sell it to anyone.

When this man gets all logical and steps away from his UM fandom, you know **** has gotten bad. I really cannot believe that we have gotten to this point with Al Golden. I mean, right now I'm sitting here absolutely knowing that the 2014 season is going to be a disaster, especially defensively. I was more optimistic heading into Shannon's 4th year. At this point I'm just ready to get this season over with and see what the fallout is. smh

Man you better hope against everything that you are wrong. I really don't see anything getting better in that scenario. Not easy to come off 3 straight failed coaching staffs. We are already behind the 8-ball for a variety of reasons (private school, poor fan support etc). If there is anything we've struck out on more than Defensive Tackles its high profile head coaches... And with each failed coach the job becomes a lower prestige job.

Personally, I disagree because I look at it differently. IF we end up with a change at the top, I think what we need to do is take a chance on a guy that's innovative. It's not about UM being a high profile job because I'll say this much, no matter how long we suck, if offered, an OC like Malzahn would leave his current coordinator position to take the UM job (of course I'm speaking as to back when he was available). We don't need to look for high profile coaches. We need to find an up and comer that seems to be pretty **** top notch at his side of the ball. Lost in all of this talk about street agents and boosters and kids getting paid is the fact that it's been a long **** time since I think any of us could say that it would be exciting to play in that particular UM offense or that particular UM defense. We need to change that, fear of a guy not having head coaching experience be damned.

Exactly.

God this kid has a bright future. He's got the size, athleticism, tools and knowledge of the game, to be a legend. Would've loved to see him at Miami, but this kid is smart enough to know he won't be utilized to his full potential. What a special kid.

Advertisement
three recruiting classes and he can't land a 4 star HS DT at Miami.

He's pathetic. It's the same reason Coker couldn't land a WR--our offense sucked, so no WR's wanted to play in it.

I keep forgetting about Moten for some reason.

w/e though, Valentine is the biggest recruit loss of his UM career.

Advertisement
Back