TV Shows...endings

• Person of Interest.
  • Burn Notice (this is how I view Miami btw, having yet to visit).
  • Angel.
  • Deep Space 9.
  • Breaking Bad (although the last episode was a little dip in quality).
  • Firefly (too soon!).

Burn Notice is a good call. I enjoyed that til the end.

I'm a few season into Person of Interest now and feel like it's starting to take a turn for the worst (the gang is split up and the guy with the new machine is hunting them). I'll power through eventually.

Advertisement
Burn Notice is a good call. I enjoyed that til the end.

I'm a few season into Person of Interest now and feel like it's starting to take a turn for the worst (the gang is split up and the guy with the new machine is hunting them). I'll power through eventually.
Honestly, how they got Person of Interest past the censors I'll never know.

It starts out as a pretty procedural Monster of the Week show, albeit with a fun twist. It certainly doesn't end that way - lots of social and political commentary about the surveillance state.

One of my favourite shows, it's fantastic.

Stranger Things. Yes, I know it hasn't ended, but for me it may as well have. A show that was authentic and interesting for 2 seasons got silly and idiotic in season three. Believable characters did a 180 and turned into sitcom jokes. Whoever had the idea for the Erica character ought to be shot.

Lost was excellent for 4 seasons until it went off the rails in season 5.

*****SPOILER ALERT*******

And the ending was very good. Did not disappoint. Although I’ll be honest I wanted to them to get caught. I mean they only did commit dozens of murders. Some of the victims were innocent people. But still, it was just an unbelievably good show. Well written, action, action, anything you could ever want.

Although I’m sure their lives were less exciting and murderous, those “illegals“ did exist. That’s actually the scary part.

And not to go off in tinfoil hat territory, but we still have lots of spies that live here. Especially Chinese stealing industrial secrets. I’m less worried about Russia nowadays, because they’re basically a Third World country. Not even top 10 in GDP. China is the fear now. They’re already stealing our intellectual property right and left.

I'd have loved to have seen some alternate endings. Them getting caught would've definitely been interesting but I do think that scene with them and Stan in the parking garage was phenomenal as is.

I'd definitely watch a modern day version involving China. You probably could even have Henry or Paige as current FBI/CIA members. Series could start off at Stan's funeral.

The Dexter finale was rushed and poorly written, but I didn't mind it ending with him alive in hiding.

Dexter in general right around the incest storyline was just pretty bad through the end.

I wish after Deb had discovered his ways that had turned into the start of the finale ending with him as lumberjack Dexter....could've ended in a high note and turned that into another show I felt.

Always thought the perfect Dexter ending would have been for Dexter to escape and join his son and that cutie overseas, a seemingly happy ending. Cut to a scene a few years later and show Dexter catching his kid killing some random animal, forecasting that his son is doomed to same fate he was with the "dark passenger."

Advertisement
Stranger Things. Yes, I know it hasn't ended, but for me it may as well have. A show that was authentic and interesting for 2 seasons got silly and idiotic in season three. Believable characters did a 180 and turned into sitcom jokes. Whoever had the idea for the Erica character ought to be shot.

Lost was excellent for 4 seasons until it went off the rails in season 5.

As someone mentioned earlier, once you get to season 5 or so it's destined to fall off. Espcially shows like Lost that are built on an already far-out premise.

I'd have loved to have seen some alternate endings. Them getting caught would've definitely been interesting but I do think that scene with them and Stan in the parking garage was phenomenal as is.

I'd definitely watch a modern day version involving China. You probably could even have Henry or Paige as current FBI/CIA members. Series could start off at Stan's funeral.

The parking garage seen was outstanding. Can’t complement that series enough. When’s the last time we saw series that was so good from beginning to end, so well acted, so well written, and had such a nice payoff.

I will tell you what my favorite scene was, it was in this episode: https://www.vulture.com/2017/05/the-americans-recap-season-5-episode-10.html

The darkroom scene, where Paige was watching her parents read Pastor Tim’s diary, the look on her face, that whole scene was perfection. It was a passive-aggressive way of her getting back at her parents for their unintended abuse and psychological torture of her, how their life of deception had damaged her. The subtle looks and changes in Paige’s face was pure acting perfection.

*****SPOILER ALERT*******

And the ending was very good. Did not disappoint. Although I’ll be honest I wanted to them to get caught. I mean they only did commit dozens of murders. Some of the victims were innocent people. But still, it was just an unbelievably good show. Well written, action, action, anything you could ever want.

Although I’m sure their lives were less exciting and murderous, those “illegals“ did exist. That’s actually the scary part.

And not to go off in tinfoil hat territory, but we still have lots of spies that live here. Especially Chinese stealing industrial secrets. I’m less worried about Russia nowadays, because they’re basically a Third World country. Not even top 10 in GDP. China is the fear now. They’re already stealing our intellectual property right and left.
Thank goodness they do not compete in CFB.

Advertisement
I watc
The parking garage seen was outstanding. Can’t complement that series enough. When’s the last time we saw series that was so good from beginning to end, so well acted, so well written, and had such a nice payoff.

I will tell you what my favorite scene was, it was in this episode: https://www.vulture.com/2017/05/the-americans-recap-season-5-episode-10.html

The darkroom scene, where Paige was watching her parents read Pastor Tim’s diary, the look on her face, that whole scene was perfection. It was a passive-aggressive way of her getting back at her parents for their unintended abuse and psychological torture of her, how their life of deception had damaged her. The subtle looks and changes in Paige’s face was pure acting perfection.

I watched 12 Monkeys with my family last year and that to me was the show most able to maintain quality from beginning to end. And for a time travel show...even more incredible.

Advertisement
Back