TV Shows...endings

Loved it. That coca cola commercial at the end is widely considered to be one of the greatest ads in history, so if you buy the interpretation that Don became enlightened, then you can conclude he came back to produce the greatest ad in history.

That ad also had huge social interpretations as well.

One thing that bugged me about the show was how they handled Peggy and Pete's baby. But I think that was design.
It was , I’ve heard Hamm and Weiner say it was in interviews, the show got a little weird the last season , got a little out there but I still loved it.

I actually really enjoyed the ad stuff ,the strategy and pitches. Don being an absolute mess fatigued me at times , his reckless behavior was nerve racking lol. By the middle end of the show you realized he was never going to change , total sociopath. But genius at the same time.

Show won four straight Emmys but gets slept on as a great , all time show.

I might go back for a third lap around the show , I loved it that much.

Advertisement
Loved it. That coca cola commercial at the end is widely considered to be one of the greatest ads in history, so if you buy the interpretation that Don became enlightened, then you can conclude he came back to produce the greatest ad in history.

That ad also had huge social interpretations as well.

One thing that bugged me about the show was how they handled Peggy and Pete's baby. But I think that was design.

He became enlightened only in terms of catching a pivot point and trend in American culture.

And he took it advantage of it to craft his advertising message. That’s it.

That would be in keeping with his personality and character. He would not have quit advertising permanently, he would have just latched on to the change in culture, he had that skill, and probably continued to be a very effective advertising exec.

At least that’s the way I saw it.

He became enlightened only in terms of catching a pivot point and trend in American culture.

And he took it advantage of it to craft his advertising message. That’s it.

That would be in keeping with his personality and character. He would not have quit advertising permanently, he would have just latched on to the change in culture, he had that skill, and probably continued to be a very effective advertising exec.

At least that’s the way I saw it.

He is who he is.

I rooted for him early on until his character started unfolding lol. Then you start realizing he’s about as ****** of a person as you’ll find. He was a genius but a mess of a person. Then again being raised in his family situation would cause that.

Betty was also nuttier than a squirrel ****.

The Office last 2 seasons were as bad as they come without Michael Scott!

Lost felt like a waste of time in the end.

Prison Break was just way too much over the top with the storyline.

Advertisement
He is who he is.

I rooted for him early on until his character started unfolding lol. Then you start realizing he’s about as ****** of a person as you’ll find. He was a genius but a mess of a person. Then again being raised in his family situation would cause that.

Betty was also nuttier than a squirrel ****.

My wife and I would watch it, honestly, I was more forgiving of Don than she was. She got to a point where she was really despising him.

My wife and I would watch it, honestly, I was more forgiving of Don than she was. She got to a point where she was really despising him.

I got that way towards the end. I’m like this dude is irresponsible and reckless as ****. Dude was good friends with the Dr and giving him support , then comes home and tea bags the guys wife. Gets his son out of Vietnam just where he can get back in good graces with the Dr’s wife. Then proceeds to teabag her some more, which his daughter sees. It’s amazing sally came out as good as she did. A nutcase mother and sociopath dad.

Tbh after Michael left the show it started hemorrhaging. One of my favorite comedies of all time but Michael made the show go to that next level. Good writers and cast but Michaels character was gold.

Last edited:
It was , I’ve heard Hamm and Weiner say it was in interviews, the show got a little weird the last season , got a little out there but I still loved it.

I actually really enjoyed the ad stuff ,the strategy and pitches. Don being an absolute mess fatigued me at times , his reckless behavior was nerve racking lol. By the middle end of the show you realized he was never going to change , total sociopath. But genius at the same time.

Show won four straight Emmys but gets slept on as a great , all time show.

I might go back for a third lap around the show , I loved it that much.
Man, Weiner's follow up show on Amazon -- The Romanoff's? Now that **** was weird. It's almost like the network came to him and said "You can do anything you want and we'll pay 70 million dollars for it?" And Weiner was like "Really? Anything?" and they were like "Anything." And he decided to troll them after the ink dried with a bizarre *** anthology show.

Regarding Mad Men though, whenever I scroll through and see an episode on Audience, I always watch it no matter where in the episode I catch it and no matter what season it is. I don't even do that for the few shows I enjoyed more. And yeah, Don was a total sociopath.

Advertisement
West Wing had a solid ending. John Spenser’s death created a sudden twist. Plus, President Bartlett can only serve two terms. Fortunately they didn’t continue the show with Jimmy Smits as POTUS.

It went full stupid when they started playing everyone, the cartel, government, etc. Either of those two entities would have squashed that little biker club in a nano second.

I couldn’t agree with you more...they took on the IRA and the AB too!

Family Matters where it ended with Urkel marrying Laura and going to the ******' moon.

Hogans Heroes didn't end. At all.

Married With Children ended aruptly too.

Roseanne winning the lottery, and leaving Dan.

Advertisement
I couldn’t agree with you more...they took on the IRA and the AB too!

It went so off the hook it was stupid. I watched until the end, just having to see how absurd it would get. All things considered, it was sort of entertaining. The newer series Mayans is filled with similar stupidity.

It went so off the hook it was stupid. I watched until the end, just having to see how absurd it would get. All things considered, it was sort of entertaining. The newer series Mayans is filled with similar stupidity.

I found it suspect when they got over on the AB. When they went to Ireland to fight the IRA I gave up. I won’t watch Mayans but I’m glad to know I’m not missing anything

The last season was bearable, the season before that with Dwights farm had to be gje worst comedy episode of all times

The season with Spader and the woman from misery were decent but yeah pretty much downhill after Carrel left

Advertisement
The last season was bearable, the season before that with Dwights farm had to be gje worst comedy episode of all times

The season with Spader and the woman from misery were decent but yeah pretty much downhill after Carrel left

I’m binge watching it again on Netflix and it’s GOAT comedy acting all around. The dynamic between Michael, Jim, Pam and Dwight is insane. Season 2&3 are incredible. It’s starting to go down when Andy Bernard is on the show.

Last edited:
The final 2 seasons of LOST were a travesty.

I didn’t like how “24” ended on a cliffhanger with Jack being taken again, especially since it will probably never be picked back up again.
I tried to rewatch Lost during quarantine but couldn't get through the first two episodes. I remember loving it when it was on, and that was before you could binge - had to tune in every week.

It's too big of a commitment for me to give it a 2nd run, but I liked it when it was on.

I’m sitting here watching Two and a Half Men season 4. Got me thinking...what are your worst turns tv shows have taken?

this show after Charlie
Seinfeld, sopranos, and GOT ending...

what else you all got?

I stopped reading after your first sentence. Lost all credibility, though I am glad you are committed to watching the episodes in order, otherwise you could lose a lot of character development.

Arrested Development Season 4 was an understandable, but awful turn for the show.

I thought that Justified was solid all the way through.

Advertisement
Back