Tutu Atwell

Other than the 80 yard sprint in the first quarter what did you see?

We adjusted to his speed after the first quarter and he did nothing.
2 receptions for 28 yards. 1 rush for -4 yards.
He showed me nothing as far as making people miss.
His fumble on the punt return pretty much iced the game when they still had a little life.
He also had the fumble in the first quarter that they recovered on about their 30.

I'll let everyone else gush about his speed.
No thanks.
But but he's the type of guy we need. Smh

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's awesome that he put up decent numbers on one play. Congrats Mr. Heisman winner.
Minus the 80 yard TD he still had 5 additional catches for 62 yards. Not bad.

Season stats say poRst less:
20191113_140616.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
So recruit everyone who is "not bad". Sounds like a good strategy.

No.

You make room for bonafide gamebreakers, especially those that are burners against south Florida competition.

Size doesn’t matter when it comes to gamebreaking speed and vision.

Obsession with measurable is why we whiff on the true football players that would win us games.

Can’t get overly focused on height, weight, 40 time, star rank, etc.

You take a chance on game breakers from Dade.

We usually do the opposite and chase measureables over play making.

No.

You make room for bonafide gamebreakers, especially those that are burners against south Florida competition.

Size doesn’t matter when it comes to gamebreaking speed and vision.

Obsession with measurable is why we whiff on the true football players that would win us games.

Can’t get overly focused on height, weight, 40 time, star rank, etc.

You take a chance on game breakers from Dade.

We usually do the opposite and chase measureables over play making.

Again, so everyone missed on him so that he could catch some passes for a terrible team.

Man yal stuck on Atwell but I was wondering where the **** that Javian Hawkins kid came from . He looked just as fast as Atwell to me

I feel you but when was the last time one of our receivers took a short pass 80 yards to the house like that, leaving a trail of flames in his wake?

It makes us look bad no matter which way you slice it.

Either we are not good enough at signing the right players, or our guys are that level and we don’t do a good enough job getting them confident and producing early.

I personally lean toward the latter, but would like us to be better identify the gamebreaking speed we have let slip away over the years.

He may not have wanted to come here, but I would feel better knowing we told him what was necessary to get him here.

Let him try out for quarterback. When he bombs, move him and get him the ball to increase his confidence and morale. He isn’t shytting on Louisville for not playing quarterback, because they are using him properly and he is having success. Miami is way to scary in the way they go about these things.

The thing that bothers me the most is, would he produce like he has if he was playing for us?

Advertisement
Back