Turn out the lights. The party’s over

I was just using obvious teams. The same thing stands for TAMU, Ole Miss (until Freeze left), LSU before Saban, etc.

UF is good now but theyre also 2 years removed from a 4 win season. they've been wholly mediocre and outside of the top 10 annually since urban left.

Advertisement
I think the sad truth is we’re done. We’re a relic.

We’re the hot HS cheerleader Homecoming queen who is now 45 and recently single with the same hairstyle she had in HS but with much less volume and shine. The hair’s all broken and thin and damaged from years of coloring.

She’s got those smoker’s lines around her now thin lips that once were plump and shiny with flavored lip gloss. Her makeup is dated. Her waist is now square. And her booty is flat. Her thighs are skinny with no muscle tone but still have cellulite on them. She’s got a kangaroo pouch instead of a flat belly from pumping out 4 rotten kids, 2 who hate her, 1 who is her “best friend,” and the other who’s in and out of rehab.

It’s over, fellas. The incompetence runs too deeply. The disease is at the top of the organization and runs down like diarrhea down a 90 year-old man’s leg. When the entire organization is trash there’s really no hope in sight.

Unless some miracle happens where a female lawyer and her cronies hellbent on what appears right publicly versus what is actually right is no longer the big shot caller, it’s time to enter the acceptance phase of Kubler-Ross’s 5 stages of death.
Beautiful prose

Then they’re failing on the last front too, because Miami will NEVER be Stanford. Stanford has won the best athletic program every year since the first year in 1993 … when they got second.

Looong way to go, but you bring up an important point -- Stanford wins that award largely for sports outside of football. UM longs for that. They see a Womens Tennis title as being just as prestigious as a football or baseball title.

That’s true … but…; Stanford is “competitive” in nearly every sport. (I remember when Miami had the best swim/diving team at a time when Miami didn’t even have a track team). Stanford “revenue” sports compete with everyone.
Youre correct. Greg Louganis is an UM alumni.

They're just not competitive up there any more. They say **** like "we almost got em" after a loss.

Ya I'm kinda here...Never been lower.
Yeah. We had our shot when Rick quit. I said then that we absolutely had to get the next hire right or we were likely finished. We got it wrong.

There’s some stupid notion that you can’t fire a football coach before 3 years and everyone pretty much accepts that stupid notion aside from Houston who has made it clear that they will fire you immediately if you only win 8 games.

The funny thing is that HCs routinely fire assistants after a year, but, for some antiquated dopey reason, the HC can’t be fired after a year no matter how obvious it is that the hire was a mistake.

Shanny already sucks at recruiting. So imagine the damage 3 years of his **** coaching and recruiting will do to an already dying relic of a program.

Advertisement
Yeah. We had our shot when Rick quit. I said then that we absolutely had to get the next hire right or we were likely finished. We got it wrong.

There’s some stupid notion that you can’t fire a football coach before 3 years and everyone pretty much accepts that stupid notion aside from Houston who has made it clear that they will fire you immediately if you only win 8 games.

The funny thing is that HCs routinely fire assistants after a year, but, for some antiquated dopey reason, the HC can’t be fired after a year no matter how obvious it is that the hire was a mistake.

Shanny already sucks at recruiting. So imagine the damage 3 years of his **** coaching and recruiting will do to an already dying relic of a program.
Tilman Fertitta fired Applewhite after 2 years. Who is our Tilman Fertitta?

I think the sad truth is we’re done. We’re a relic.

We’re the hot HS cheerleader Homecoming queen who is now 45 and recently single with the same hairstyle she had in HS but with much less volume and shine. The hair’s all broken and thin and damaged from years of coloring.

She’s got those smoker’s lines around her now thin lips that once were plump and shiny with flavored lip gloss. Her makeup is dated. Her waist is now square. And her booty is flat. Her thighs are skinny with no muscle tone but still have cellulite on them. She’s got a kangaroo pouch instead of a flat belly from pumping out 4 rotten kids, 2 who hate her, 1 who is her “best friend,” and the other who’s in and out of rehab.

It’s over, fellas. The incompetence runs too deeply. The disease is at the top of the organization and runs down like diarrhea down a 90 year-old man’s leg. When the entire organization is trash there’s really no hope in sight.

Unless some miracle happens where a female lawyer and her cronies hellbent on what appears right publicly versus what is actually right is no longer the big shot caller, it’s time to enter the acceptance phase of Kubler-Ross’s 5 stages of death.

Unfortunately there is a ton of truth in here. Many of us have been saying it for over 10 years on these boards and Grassy.

Advertisement
said this for weeks. our fans need to stop living in the past (yes we do). we will NEVER compete in todays CFB against the big time programs. we just wont. our ceiling as a program is a playoff loss every couple years (similar to ND and they have far more resources, fans, and support). people killed lebatard for saying this years ago, but he isnt wrong. maybe we get lucky and catch lightning in a bottle for a year, but thats the absolute dream scenario.

We aren't close to sniffing the playoffs. We are bottom dwelling ACC team with the current regime. We are something like 5-15 against Power 5 since 10-0 in 2017.

This program has 1 Coastal title since joining The ACC and 1 bowl win since 2006. This is absurd and beyond unacceptable it should never happen down here. I won’t accept that “Oh times have changed and we can’t be great” that is loser talk.

The problem is we have the dumbest athletic department in the nation and the people who are making the decisions actually adhere to the same dopey list of names that the fans and media spew out of their mugs. I have never seen such incompetence from a department where there is absolutely no accountability for doing your job.

Last edited:
Hence my comment though. No program is really dead...they just need the right guy and the right guy is coaching at Iowa state right now lol.

Won’t happen til Bloke is gone though.
Guess what? The people who will fire Fake Jimmy are the same incompetent ***** who will hire his replacement. The same ***** who signed off on his idea to hire another assistant from a failed staff with no HC experience. That replacement for Fake Jimmy would likely be someone like Jen Strawley because UM wants to be seen as a leader in those sorts of hirings.

This is why I think it’s over. Unless there are massive changes at the top of the organization making decisions about men’s athletics then we’ll continue our death spiral.

Advertisement
Guess what? The people who will fire Fake Jimmy are the same incompetent ***** who will hire his replacement. The same ***** who signed off on his idea to hire another assistant from a failed staff with no HC experience. That replacement for Fake Jimmy would likely be someone like Jen Strawley because UM wants to be seen as a leader in those sorts of hirings.

This is why I think it’s over. Unless there are massive changes at the top of the organization making decisions about men’s athletics then we’ll continue our death spiral.
You’re probably right on that point. It really should go to Jimmy but it won’t.

Advertisement

And when you factor in UM playing with some disadvantages to begin with.

I actually think Richt was a decent hire for the "next step"...But I agree with you, the hire last year was so important and we made it in 24 f**king hours.

Advertisement
Back