Turmoil in the Locker Room

My dudes Rosier should not be starting here. He can’t read a defense and I’d be **** if I saw him audible away from a blitz 1 time last night. To top it off why are we running RPO with him? He looks timid and I’m just waiting for him to get RG3’d. This Saturday we need to rollout one of the youngins!

Aside from that the online looked terrible Again. I’m not seeing the development with Donaldson which shows the online coach sucks.

Dean, Rosier, Oline, Both Richts, Serrals all stunk!
Diaz, Feagles, and Hartley’s entire special teams too.

Advertisement
here is what I don't understand.. we keep hearing how our players need to learn the playbook then when you watch the game it is the most BASIC concept in football history. It gotten to the point announcers are pointing out just how basic and unimaginative our route concepts were.

Even going back to 2016 in a game against UNC one of the field reporters mention how basic our route concepts were and the DC for LSU said the same thing. Why is Richt making it seem like this offensive system is some sort of sophisticated offense? I find it hard to believe none of our young guys can pick up this system when everyone already us is telling us how basic it is.
He wants the system as a whole down. Were seeing at best 20% of the offense. Its a dumb stance from him in my eyes cause if ur gonna dumb down the offense to this point for malik than why not for any of the others & simply let them learn on the fly. Stunting their growth doesnt doesnt hold up either cause with settling for what we already have were stunting our teams growth instead. Anyone with even the slightest bit of objectivity can see how much he holds this offense down.

Advertisement
He wants the system as a whole down. Were seeing at best 20% of the offense. Its a dumb stance from him in my eyes cause if ur gonna dumb down the offense to this point for malik than why not for any of the others & simply let them learn on the fly. Stunting their growth doesnt doesnt hold up either cause with settling for what we already have were stunting our teams growth instead. Anyone with even the slightest bit of objectivity can see how much he holds this offense down.

Richt wanted to do things his way and UGA wanted to do things their way so far UGA 1 Richt 0.

Advertisement
It comes down to this. We have a warm up game coming up. Time to plan for the future. ANYONE can see the year will end the same, or worse, as last year with Rosy as QB.

Use Savannah State to get the 3 other QB's in action. It can be like a mini camp/tryout. See who looks like they can hang and manage a game.

Take the top QB from Savannah State game and run them at Toledo to see how they play in a road game against at least a marginal opponent. Then hopefully, we can also see the other 1 or 2 QB's later in the game.

Use the FIU game to use those 3 again as a final tryout for the ACC schedule.

I feel like, with the new RS rule, there is no reason to leave Williams out of the rotation. At least get him in on drives to see where he is at, and get a little game time. If he truly isn't ready, then you can still RS him.

We have 3 games coming up before ACC play, and we might as well use them to get all the QB's in the game and make a trial by fire out of it.

Literally was saying this to my Father-in-law this morning over the phone.

Rosier should only see a yellow cap and a clip board the rest of the season.

After listening to CMR post game presser...I have the sinking feeling Malik is here to stay. God I hope he takes a deeper look at everything and changes his mind.

He said Malik threw some really good balls. But then said the receivers were able to catch most balls "that got to them." Would that not mean, based on the comp. percentage that Malik was not coming even close to his targets? I don't know what to make of this but it sounds as of last night...he's sticking with Malik.
Our only hope is he watches the film countless times and realizes a walk on could have been more accurate and demonstrated at least a tiny bit of leadership qualities.

The problem wasnt that he confronted him. It was that he did it for everyone to see than he kept on with it several other instances during half. It got to the point of berating him. It might have been overboard but players need to have a voice too. Honestly its all just a part of the game that you have to vent. The issue is that its not gonna change anything. Great we can have press confrences that down play the issue but we gotta address this now. Get the team on the same page by atleast showing them we have options. After dean blowing rec all over the field we gave dj more burn. Same with knowles. If we address them & taking into account the new redshirt rule than why not give your other qb options a chance to prove themselves. Weve seen the sample size. Keep off the field **** where it belongs. Give these boys a chance on the field & see where we are. We know what to expect out of malik. & in games where the qb isnt vital all good. But in any competitive game **** be needed to be called on. Need more than a few decent throws out of 30 for that. A good defense & average team like lsu shouldve proven whats been established.

This is my frustration, we aren’t getting better with Rosier and this is the time to get better now and next year and it’s frustrating as a fan seeing Rosier still playing

Advertisement
here is what I don't understand.. we keep hearing how our players need to learn the playbook then when you watch the game it is the most BASIC concept in football history. It gotten to the point announcers are pointing out just how basic and unimaginative our route concepts were.

Even going back to 2016 in a game against UNC one of the field reporters mention how basic our route concepts were and the DC for LSU said the same thing. Why is Richt making it seem like this offensive system is some sort of sophisticated offense? I find it hard to believe none of our young guys can pick up this system when everyone already us is telling us how basic it is.

this is the thing y'all have to understand.. just because your playbook is complex does not mean your Game Plan and expectation of personnel is complex. richt is not operating or game planning with the entire play book. It's quite evident he does not trust Rosier on certain types of throws and Concepts. **** he barely even trusted Kaaya.

if he want to run bs route concepts with vanilla playcalls then let the freshman qb play.

Richt punishing the entire team for Nkosi and Cade off field decisions is deplorable. one of them should have played last night.

Low light of my night? Watching Rosier step up in the pocket look at a wide open receiver ,pump fake it and never throw it, then to throw it out of bounds right afte to avoid the sack.the camera panned to Joe burrow and he scoffed and laughed at Malik terrible play.

burrow laughed at us. pain

richt is in the twilight of his coaching career, his complacency will hold UM back from ever becoming another powerhouse

I
If Kosi hadn’t been suspended, do you think we would’ve seen him last night?

Advertisement
For all the people who have decided they are done with Coach Richt, 5 games after you were undoubtedly on his jock when we killed ND. What would you like done? Him fired? And then what? Hire Butch away from setting college football on fire at FIU? Some other Coach you will want to fire after 2 seasons and 1 game?

I'm disgusted with tonight's performance but Coach Richt just won 10 games and the coastal in year 2 plus got the IPF done, he's going NOWHERE for years to come so may as well join OP from the Done thread. **** off and go cheer for someone else.

Good post and I strongly agree. Hey, this was a non-conference game and probably the toughest game we play during regular season play. For those of you bandwagon fans - get lost!!

To be clear i certainly don't want richt fired. THAT WOULD BE ASININE. i want him to stop being so caught up in images & show some passion. Because in our case more so than others, our lawyers look to him for an example. I understand his hesitation in not playing nkosi or cade & the irony is if he plays them than it gives them no accountability cause theyre ****** up. The problem with that is hes giving malik a free pass in doing so. Even jarren had an issue or two. Main one being he fell asleep in class twice & that hurt him with progress. Malik is the only one who off the field has had zero issues. But **** in what world should off field be the main delegating factor to who gets on field... imagine jimmy saying boys if you cant tow the line im not gonna play you. Its hard because them as men & their perception is vital to cmr,as it should be. I love the man for how much he cares about his players. I was really just ****ed yesterday but it doesnt change somethings gotta give. These issues have been brewing and now theyve come to a head. Sure we can continue to ignore it & watch acc play out which well be just fine in. Probably even still win coastal cause none of them really concern me now even though several teams will put up some pressure. But as a cane just being in the also ran category should never be ok. Thats my concern & the only thing im ****ed about. Were not confronting the issues we have & simply playing the easiest route.

Thanks for the CIS. I don't have an issue with players getting suspended and benched for off field issues, but to be fair it should at least be 50/50 with on field issues like stupid penalties, or poor play. Goodie two shoes Rozer should therefore be riding the pine this week after his terrible show.

Perry also has been punished for whatever he did should be back on square one, same with Weldon and Williams this week.

Advertisement
Back