Tuesday Recruiting Chatter - 11/27

That wasnt Urban bruh they had a target turn them down, offered and Crowley from day 1 wanted to join his Trinity brothers no matter how long Urban waited like a groupie

Wait a minute, he flipped our longest tenured and (apparently) most solid commit only because he lost a 3star recruit.

Saban and Meyer treats South Florida like their backyards. We may get a dog from time to time but it’s not the normality.

Advertisement
That wasnt Urban bruh they had a target turn them down, offered and Crowley from day 1 wanted to join his Trinity brothers no matter how long Urban waited like a groupie

So we make excuses now for losing recruits? It wasn't Urban, it was guys from Trinity being on the team. Looking at Ohio State's roster, Tyreke Johnson's the only player from Trinity on the roster; and Crowley's the only guy from Trinity in Ohio State's class. So yes, Urban straight up swiped Crowley from us, doesn't matter the reason, the end result is the same.

It appears, in a weak QB class, Miami threw all their eggs behind Mike Johnson only to miss...with no decent QB options left, it appears we won't be taking one....

My only question on this is why not take a flyer on a 3-star with some potential, DEVELOP HIM, and keep a warm body around for 2-3 years?? Its not like we are hard up from a scholarship perspective. We are way past the point of worrying about devaluing "the Miami offer". This, to me, makes way too much sense not to happen: Offer a Florida 3-star QB with some upside , bring him in, and ya know, COACH HIM UP. Ya know, something a COMPETENT QB Coach should be able to handle....

There's the problem. We can't with our QB coach.

Wait a minute, he flipped our longest tenured and (apparently) most solid commit only because he lost a 3star recruit.

Saban and Meyer treats South Florida like their backyards. We may get a dog from time to time but it’s not the normality.
Bruh Urban ignored him for like 17 months and offered him when another rb said no and a little over a week snd before he left campus he wanted to join "his brothers". You could've coached at OSU and gotten him because he was an OSU groupie

So we make excuses now for losing recruits? It wasn't Urban, it was guys from Trinity being on the team. Looking at Ohio State's roster, Tyreke Johnson's the only player from Trinity on the roster; and Crowley's the only guy from Trinity in Ohio State's class. So yes, Urban straight up swiped Crowley from us, doesn't matter the reason, the end result is the same.

Shaun Wade also I think, but it doesn’t make any difference, you’re right.

Simply Meyer/Saban offer is more valuable than Richt’s. It is what it is.

4star ******* greyshirting to go to Bama. Smh.

Advertisement
I'm bot making excuses at all im just bowing down to Urban for getting a recruit he literally ignored for almost 2 years only because he desperately wanted to be there. Im so sorry I don't praise that punk

I'm bot making excuses at all im just bowing down to Urban for getting a recruit he literally ignored for almost 2 years only because he desperately wanted to be there. Im so sorry I don't praise that punk

Where am I praising Urban? Stop making excuses we lost him, Urban and Ohio State got him. That's it. Done.

Where am I praising Urban? Stop making excuses we lost him, Urban and Ohio State got him. That's it. Done.
Lol im making excuses get the **** out of here Urban did nothing special but go ahead and keep thinking that when another scandal about him comes out about him. Like I said if you flip from a school whos been on you for 2 years for somebody else in a week you wanted out **** Urban, **** OSU qnd when we take a recruit from them I'll say it again. Now thank you Stefan for the updates don't want to derail this even more

It appears, in a weak QB class, Miami threw all their eggs behind Mike Johnson only to miss...with no decent QB options left, it appears we won't be taking one....

My only question on this is why not take a flyer on a 3-star with some potential, DEVELOP HIM, and keep a warm body around for 2-3 years?? Its not like we are hard up from a scholarship perspective. We are way past the point of worrying about devaluing "the Miami offer". This, to me, makes way too much sense not to happen: Offer a Florida 3-star QB with some upside , bring him in, and ya know, COACH HIM UP. Ya know, something a COMPETENT QB Coach should be able to handle....
That’s what I felt like we could/should do. Get someone who’s “popular” so it can help with recruiting later on even if he won’t play unless of an injury to others. Chess not checkers

Advertisement

Nobody like to praise that SOB but it is a reality.

The only thing we can do about it is win, and we didn’t, so other better programs come to South Florida to feast. Year after year.

We are winning battles vs FSU and UF and we are having a nice share of local recruits. But elite? They go elsewhere.

For us, it’s easier to poach an elite recruit from other states (see Haselwood, I hope, or Brevin) than the ones from our own backyard. Think about that.

Last edited:

This is how you end up with Evan Shirreffs on the roster. The QB recruiting approach this cycle was misguided. We all agree. Full stop. It can also be true that you don't recruit guys you don't think are the right caliber just to have numbers if you want to be a top program.

Bruh Urban ignored him for like 17 months and offered him when another rb said no and a little over a week snd before he left campus he wanted to join "his brothers". You could've coached at OSU and gotten him because he was an OSU groupie
He was committed before he even visited.
They dropped the dude and immediately offered him before they offered anyone else. He was on campus for an ov faster than a nut from a horny squirrel. While on his ov he was on commit watch and Made it public the day he got back.
I’ve never seen anyone drop a dude and recover so fast by flipping another p5 commit so late. The dude hey dropped went to Indiana. No way Indiana flipped a guy from the suckeyes.

Advertisement
He was committed before he even visited.
They dropped the dude and immediately offered him before they offered anyone else. He was on campus for an ov faster than a nut from a horny squirrel. While on his ov he was on commit watch and Made it public the day he got back.
I’ve never seen anyone drop a dude and recover so fast by flipping another p5 commit so late. The dude hey dropped went to Indiana. No way Indiana flipped a guy from the suckeyes.
Because he was a groupie. If Richt did this he's an idiot for not having a backul plan and got lucky so no Urban gets no credit and the same ones praising him now hated him months ago but now he's king **** that a **** him

Advertisement
With the end of the regular season on Saturday, the Canes will now shift their focus to recruiting and things are coming down to the wire to make Surge19 a top class. As they await their bowl game opponent, the UM staff will be out on the road making the all-important in-home visits with various prospects this week. While the foundation of a recruitment is laid throughout the spring, summer, and fall, the best recruiters know that the winter is the key time period of the cycle and it’s where classes are made and broken. Coffee is for closers.

**Miami just had their second big official visitors weekend of the cycle for the Pitt game, bringing in OT Michael Tarquin, RB DJ Williams, and DE Adisa Isaac. The Canes definitely made positive moves with each prospect on their visits, and I have varying takes on how likely UM is to land each as of now.

**On Isaac: As Matthew reported going into the weekend, a source close to the recruitment told CIS that Isaac has legitimate interest in Miami and that his trip was not simply a vacation for the New Yorker. Miami took advantage of that opportunity and really made an impression here. As a big city type, Isaac can see himself playing and living in Miami. A feather in the cap for Miami is that DT commit Jason Blissett is close with Isaac and is constantly in his ear trying to get him to Coral Gables. I still have Penn State running in front, but this will be one to watch until the very end, and he is certainly not a lock to the Nittany Lions.

**On Tarquin: I have stayed relatively quiet on Tarquin since he started making trips to Florida (3 in total during the season). I have been very close to making a Gators pick here, and a lot of that has to do about how adamant Tarquin was that he didn’t need to take any more visits when we talked after he committed to UM in the spring; he was speaking from the heart, not just saying a line. So simply put, Tarquin is not the type to take visits just for the scenery and I felt that the Gators were in the lead heading into this weekend. I have reason to believe the Canes pulled back out in front with a great visit this weekend, but a lot of that can potentially be attributed to visit high. As such, I have decided to hold off on making a pick on the 4-star O-Lineman at least until after his OV to UF this weekend, to see if the Gators are able to make up that ground. Any pick before that time would just be an educated guess, as a source close to the recruitment says no final decision has been made.

**On Williams: Of the three official visitors, I think Miami made the most headway with Williams. The Sebring back has a lot of ties to the Canes and I believe he ultimately wants to be in Miami; sources close to the Williams recruitment felt good about UM’s chances even before the visit. Landing Williams will be about him getting over the fact that UM ignored him for so long and Miami took steps in a positive direction on that front this weekend, really showing Williams and his family the love. In addition to Miami being in a good spot with Williams, the primary competition here (UGA and Auburn) has a lot of question marks. UGA has really pushed hard with Williams and have been treating him like a priority, but there is a chance the Bulldogs fill up at RB before Williams even makes his OV to Athens on the final weekend before Signing Day, while Auburn is close to an entire staff overhaul with their head coach on the verge of being fired. Confidence is high in Coral Gables that Williams signs with the U.

**As I touched on in the Freshman 15 two weeks backs, the Bama rumors with DE Khris Bogle were a bit premature. Bogle made his fourth visit to UM for a game week this weekend against Pitt; Miami continues to lead here and Jess Simpson is going in-home with the Cardinal Gibbons product today. Comparing Bogle to a kid like Tyrique Stevenson, someone who has also made a lot of visits to Miami that I don’t see coming to UM, I see very clear differences in personality type and interest in making business decisions. You always have to keep an eye on the Tide whenever Bama is involved, but I have heard nothing to move me off my Miami pick here as of yet.

**With the recent Michigan buzz following around Miami linebacker commit Anthony Solomon, I checked in with a source at St. Thomas, who says he still expects the 4-star to end up at Miami. Solomon was also in attendance with the aforementioned prospects at the Miami-Pitt game this weekend. Either the Wolverines are just a lot of smoke or Solomon is simply playing things really close to the vest, but I’m not ready to make any flip predictions just yet. This is one to keep on the radar for now, and nothing more.

**Staying at St. Thomas: If you’ve been reading the tea leaves, this is something you’ve already suspected, but a source close to S Jordan Battle’s recruitment has told CIS that the Canes are out of the race with the St. Thomas Aquinas 4-star. Battle will be choosing between Bama and Ohio State, with the Tide having the recent momentum.

**In preparation for missing on a QB in 2019, Miami is readying to expand their QB board for 2020 and evaluating a few out of state signal-callers for offers in the hopes they will land two guys in the class. Names to watch for include Tyler Van Dyke, Caleb Holstein, Luca Diamont, and Ethan Garbers.

Just watched film on all 4 QB’s and Van Dyke is probably the best fit but man I really liked what I seen with Luca Diamont, he’d light it up at UCLA or Oregon. On the other hand I watched Max Johnson’s highlights afterwards for a comparison and while his stats aren’t the greatest, he has it all, arm talent, mobility etc. I think a Johnson/Diamont combo would be an A+ class.

In this day and age, there really is NO reason to NOT take a QB every cycle, especially considering the high likelihood of one of the three returning QBs transferring

I just don’t get it. And it ****es me off because we continue to suck because we do it to ourselves.

So there's the potential we lose the following recruiting battles to Bama -

DE - Kevin Harris
DT - Braylen Ingraham
OT - Evan Neal
S - Jordan Battle
CB - Akeem Dent
DE - Khris Bogle
TE - Keon Zipperer

God I hate them

12-0 versus 7-5

unlimited recruiting $ versus potential NCAA death penalty if we get caught dropping bags

$EC versus ACC

Saban Vs Richt

At the end of the day we aren't winning a ton of these battles until we can consistently win the coastal and the ACC.

Advertisement
Back