DE - Kevin Harris
DT - Braylen Ingraham
OT - Evan Neal
S - Jordan Battle
CB - Akeem Dent
DE - Khris Bogle
TE - Keon Zipperer

God I hate them

Bama got way bigger fish to fry than Bogle and Zipp.

Advertisement
Passing on a QB is monumentally stupid.

Since 2016, each of the four teams currently in the CFP have signed a QB in each class and currently have one committed. The only exception is Bama in the 2018 class, but that's because they signed two in 2017 and will sign two in 2019.

And don't give me that BS about "well, Perry has the job locked up for three more years." If Georgia can sign a four-star QB after pulling in five-stars Eason, Fromm, and Fields in consecutive years - and Clemson can get a four star after signing five-star Trevor Lawrence - we can find someone to provide depth at the most important position in football.

And if Perry gets hurt, or Williams or Weldon transfers, then what? Having two scholarship QBs is a complete joke at this level.

Not disagreeing with your point on taking one this year, but your Ga example is a little off. Fromm and Fields are the only scholarship players on their roster. They do have an athelet committed for 2019 that could play QB.

While I agree that adding an extra QB for depth purposes would be nice, I'm not of the opinion that we start offering lower tier payers simply to provide third or fourth string depth. If we're desperate for QB depth, I'd rather pick up a run of the mill grad transfer. That way he's only taking a scholarship for one season and if there's an emergency, you'd at least have someone with experience to throw out there.
I agree, a grad transfer is fine. Depth is what is needed either grad transfer to a decent to good qb recruit. we can target solid qb recruits committed to other schools we can flip.

If we are going to take a grad transfer to be nothing more than a practice arm, we might as well recruit a 3 star and groom him up. Or find some PWO to be Practice Arms. No Grad Transfer is going to come here to sit the pine especially if we have 3 Freshman QBs already on the Roster.

Advertisement
Passing on a QB is monumentally stupid.

Since 2016, each of the four teams currently in the CFP have signed a QB in each class and currently have one committed. The only exception is Bama in the 2018 class, but that's because they signed two in 2017 and will sign two in 2019.

And don't give me that BS about "well, Perry has the job locked up for three more years." If Georgia can sign a four-star QB after pulling in five-stars Eason, Fromm, and Fields in consecutive years - and Clemson can get a four star after signing five-star Trevor Lawrence - we can find someone to provide depth at the most important position in football.

And if Perry gets hurt, or Williams or Weldon transfers, then what? Having two scholarship QBs is a complete joke at this level.

Correction Bama did take a QB last year. They flipped 3 star some kid Layne Hatcher in May after he had already signed with Arkansas State. They currently have 4 scholarship QB’s and are bringing in 2 in 2019. We have 3 and are bringing in 0, but we got this......

Ya but did we, or anyone in the world...Need a banner to come to that conclusion?

At times the UM athletic department has been known to need a shove in the right direction. Our stubborn as **** HC needs one as well and after stating that had been the toughest time in his career I think it just adds more pressure for him to change.

Ain’t no Grad Transfer coming here to sit behind our QB’s and be a practice arm. Only way that happens is if is some D2 or D3 QB that has no shot at the league and wants to continue their playing career. D1 transfers are going to where they can play.

Not disagreeing with your point on taking one this year, but your Ga example is a little off. Fromm and Fields are the only scholarship players on their roster. They do have an athelet committed for 2019 that could play QB.

The list of schools with 3 or more blue chip quarterbacks is incredibly small. Kids want to play right away. None of these top QBs are trying to sit and wait two or three years before they get their shot. They sign to a school and if things don't work out, they transfer.

Advertisement
Ain’t no Grad Transfer coming here to sit behind our QB’s and be a practice arm. Only way that happens is if is some D2 or D3 QB that has no shot at the league and wants to continue their playing career. D1 transfers are going to where they can play.
Or we get a walk on. Oy vey!

The best you'll get is some career backup who wants to spend his senior season in Miami. Still, if the option for 4th string QB comes down to a one year grad transfer or signing some fringe prospect, you take the one year grad transfer every time. At the very worst, the grad transfer will be gone in a year. If you sign another Malik Rosier or Evan Shirrefs out of high school, they're going to be taking up a scholarship for the next four years only to be an emergency quarterback.

Alot of that has to do with being young, but that's normal in house stuff for college players. And in case you havent noticed, perry actually understands it now, he first and foremost understands tgat his stats are embarrassing, no matter how good or elite a player thinks he is in his own mind, the film dont lie, his resume thus far has him going 3 of 6 for 20yrds and 2 picks against UVA than 6 of 24 for 52yrds against pitt, with games like that, he should appreciate the effort and leadership rosier has given to this program, here it is perry has way more natural talent than rosier but mentally way behind, and the ststs proved it. He has every opportunity to be the man at UM, and improve his Life, almost everything he was told while being recruited to UM has just about come True for him, the rest is up to him now to take his game to the next level and help coach richt, brown, dugans, hartley and searels, but most importantly his teammates, cause all of them are going to be the main ones who help to get each other to the pro's. The development continues!

you type like you know what was told to Perry or what he is thinking........
are you just making sht up? a family member or friend of his? or an internet stalker?

I don't have time to read all of the previous posts. We fawking or no?

so far just a couple teases but the night is young
hopefully we don't end up home with the fat chick after all the good ones are taken

Advertisement
The best you'll get is some career backup who wants to spend his senior season in Miami. Still, if the option for 4th string QB comes down to a one year grad transfer or signing some fringe prospect, you take the one year grad transfer every time. At the very worst, the grad transfer will be gone in a year. If you sign another Malik Rosier or Evan Shirrefs out of high school, they're going to be taking up a scholarship for the next four years only to be an emergency quarterback.

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying and we certainly don’t want the next Rosier or Shirrefs on the roster but ALOT of schools take “fringe” 3 star QB’s and develop them into capable starters, sometimes outright studs. I’m not only talking about Mid Major conferences either, I’m talking about P5 schools. As a matter of fact, with the exception of Clemson and FSU, the rest of our conference has these fringe 3 star QB’s starting for them, 3 of which beat our elite level defense (not counting GT, who is essentially another RB). Same thing with OL.

I agree that ideally we would only be signing elite players at these positions but when they are not coming, why can’t we identify some of these lower tier prospects and develop them? We seem to be doing ok with that at other positions. Oh wait, rhetorical question, I know why...

My point was moreso geared to the argument that we couldn't get a QB because Perry is young and seemingly has the jog locked up.

UGA got Fromm to commit the class after Eason (another five star), and Fields the year after Fromm led the Bulldogs to the national championship as a true freshman. Competition matter didn't matter with that program, and it shouldn't matter with ours -- and anyone who relies on it as an excuse is wrong or lazy.

Advertisement
This...It's beyond stupid. First off, you should never pass unless you have 4-5 and even then you better be 100% sure there are no transfers (which won't be the case in today's game). But forget depth...Look at our QB situation. How the **** can you sit there and pass?

You are correct. Richt and Co. royally fvcked up by being so picky and overly selective and not going after a good QB prospect this cycle. I think it's a terribly bad move.

HOWEVER - Do you want them to double-down on their mistake and at this late juncture go dumpster diving for a ****** QB that has absolutely no chance of playing here just to have another QB on the roster? They screwed up. No need to compound the issue further unless someone can point to a quality target that we can snatch away from another program (because the good ones are gone by now) this late in the process.

Chalk it up as a massive recruiting failure and make certain to make up for it next cycle (and never let that &hit happen again).

Its not being scared when its facts
We have a whole roster offered by all the schools and still a better defense then all of them and if not for Ahmons tragic injury coupd hang at wr for the most part, te and rb with anybody. We win and lose our battles like everybody so scared *** dudes don't follow if you're not up to this simple

Advertisement
Back