Tuesday Recruiting Chatter - 11/27

Advertisement
Still need a qb, nothing of what you stated had anything to do with the need of another qb on roster. Perry just posted a video of him piping a chic, so I am not sure he totally gets it yet. Due to injuries since our qbs run a lot and our oline will exceptional trash this next year and suspensions or anything other number of issues having at most 3 but most likely 2 scholarship qb on a roster is not a recipe for success.

While I agree that adding an extra QB for depth purposes would be nice, I'm not of the opinion that we start offering lower tier payers simply to provide third or fourth string depth. If we're desperate for QB depth, I'd rather pick up a run of the mill grad transfer. That way he's only taking a scholarship for one season and if there's an emergency, you'd at least have someone with experience to throw out there.

That’s what I felt like we could/should do. Get someone who’s “popular” so it can help with recruiting later on even if he won’t play unless of an injury to others. Chess not checkers

Yup, been saying that a while.

Some of you guys make it real hard for me not to call you stupid on here but I’m trying improve on that and not seem so twitter fingerish so I’m gonna chill

Well go ahead and chill then. I mean you're no authority yourself...You post a lot, and your opinion is always noted. But who the f**k are you?

I tend to lean positive on things myself....But you being grossly overly positive on every single aspect of UM football is really annoying and no less sin than the negative nancys

Advertisement
Passing on a QB is monumentally stupid.

Since 2016, each of the four teams currently in the CFP have signed a QB in each class and currently have one committed. The only exception is Bama in the 2018 class, but that's because they signed two in 2017 and will sign two in 2019.

And don't give me that BS about "well, Perry has the job locked up for three more years." If Georgia can sign a four-star QB after pulling in five-stars Eason, Fromm, and Fields in consecutive years - and Clemson can get a four star after signing five-star Trevor Lawrence - we can find someone to provide depth at the most important position in football.

And if Perry gets hurt, or Williams or Weldon transfers, then what? Having two scholarship QBs is a complete joke at this level.

Passing on a QB is monumentally stupid.

This...It's beyond stupid. First off, you should never pass unless you have 4-5 and even then you better be 100% sure there are no transfers (which won't be the case in today's game). But forget depth...Look at our QB situation. How the **** can you sit there and pass?

Last edited:
Stefan,

What is the difference between Stevenson and Bogle you spoke of?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well go ahead and chill then. I mean you're no authority yourself...You post a lot, and your opinion is always noted. But who the f**k are you?

I tend to lean positive on things myself....But you being grossly overly positive on every single aspect of UM football is really annoying and no less sin than the negative nancys
Im no body at all just a fan like you which is why I don’t think I should call people stupid which is why I said I won’t however some people on here are borderline retarded and I wanna tell them cause that’s how I am but I won’t. Can’t a man grow and become a better person?

You do realize as of right now, we have 3 schalorship qb's on the roster, their really wasnt a need to take one this year, at the same time, we take 2 next year, which helps to prevent transfers. As of right now, we are in a good spot, barring health. Coach richt is definitely not the problem, his son is not just their like people are making it out to be, its not like he hired him off the street, the man has been around football his whole life, spent 1yr in the pro's, and now he's here.
Mork, is that you?

Advertisement
This...It's beyond stupid. First off, you should never pass unless you have 4-5 and even then you better be 100% sure there are no transfers (which won't be the case in today's game). But forget depth...Look at our QB situation. How the **** can you sit there and pass.

Yup. The best programs don't do it. Period.

Reach out to David Baldwin at IMG. See if we can get him on campus.

Advertisement
Porsters that make definitive statements without any credible sources are some of the worst types of people in this world
Their asses need to get banned. Let’s just throw out random **** and not say a word after that. 2 fools did that yesterday and then another jackass did that last week about Thomas wanting to come back.

While I agree that adding an extra QB for depth purposes would be nice, I'm not of the opinion that we start offering lower tier payers simply to provide third or fourth string depth. If we're desperate for QB depth, I'd rather pick up a run of the mill grad transfer. That way he's only taking a scholarship for one season and if there's an emergency, you'd at least have someone with experience to throw out there.
I'm with you on this. When you take a low tier guy he may possibly be competing and getting reps over guys he should never be above ala Shireffs over Perry.

Tried telling people last year that Alabama was our biggest threat in recruiting. They poach any elite talent from our area that they want. We won't be able to beat Clemson until we start beating Bama in recruiting.

They only poach talent from Broward other than ***-Boy Jobe.

Advertisement
Back