TT vs MIAMI game two!!!!!

We're like the Rays. If our two good hitters don't drive in runs, we don't score.

It's not that simple. DC, Palmer, Collins, Thompson and Abreu are all VERY good hitters. The problem is that with the exception of Collins the others have been very inconsistent this tournament. Thompson had a big hit earlier today, but hasn't done squat in the past few weeks. Abreu strikes out more often than he makes contact right now. DC is in a funk as well.

We are getting more output from Kennedy right now and that is troubling.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Our pitching staff has a 0.88 ERA in this Regional Tournament. Conversely, we are hitting .209 for the tournament and unless that changes soon..the season will be over.

I nearly **** my pants with that last AB.

If they were playing with the old *ping* bats, that would have been a 3 run HR.

Advertisement
Why did Morris take out Beauprez?

He was pitching well.

Sometimes I think Morris overthinks ****.

...and right on cue, runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out.

I agree, I don't see the move at THAT point, but it was likely coming soon. The kid was getting hit, but was getting the outs.

Desperately hanging on....

UM

We're like the Rays. If our two good hitters don't drive in runs, we don't score.

It's not that simple. DC, Palmer, Collins, Thompson and Abreu are all VERY good hitters. The problem is that with the exception of Collins the others have been very inconsistent this tournament. Thompson had a big hit earlier today, but hasn't done squat in the past few weeks. Abreu strikes out more often than he makes contact right now. DC is in a funk as well.

We are getting more output from Kennedy right now and that is troubling.

It's more than just this tournament. Most of those guys you listed were "very good" against Pittsburgh and Alabama State. We ain't playin' teams like that anymore.

This is why Lou Brown wasnt allowed to watch game 7 of the Indians ALCS against the White Sox...wish it didn't always have to be this way with this team but if we find a way to win so be it

Advertisement
Why did Morris take out Beauprez?

He was pitching well.

Sometimes I think Morris overthinks ****.

...and right on cue, runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out.

Meh, I thought it was time. Coulda gone either way. He wasn't mowing them down in that last inning.

Willie Abreu has officially become an automatic out.

Our hitters are making a mediocre pitcher look very very good.

This gets worse. It's like when I throw curve balls to my 2 year old grandaughter with the whiffle ball. We can't hit, making this clown look like a hero.

Advertisement
Just like last night, we don't even pose a THREAT to score. Much less actually do it. Could we hit a ball hard? Maybe get a guy to second to at least get our hopes up? ****. Dude is just throwing strikes in there because he knows we will get ourselves out.

These swings are almost like giving up...really sad stuff. This kid is tossing well, but nothing this great. 3 dribblers to short and our defense is back out in 5 minutes.

UM

If you love baseball, and i know you do, this is our inning. We take them out of an inning of opportunity and follow up with BIG hits. Boom!
Go
Canes!
Magic Time
8.gif

Advertisement
Back