TT vs MIAMI game two!!!!!

Advertisement
Zero. Same batting average with coaches orther than coach L, who basically hired himself. ZERO. That is Shalala's average. Perry, LOL! Haith, LOL! Coker, LOL! Radio, LOL! Folden, LOL!

Kirby Hocutt is dancing a Hitleresque jig on our pitcher's mound right now. Props to Shalala.

Thanks for a fun season Canes.
Impressive showing by the young pitchers. Looking forward to next season!!

Advertisement
Zero. Same batting average with coaches orther than coach L, who basically hired himself. ZERO. That is Shalala's average. Perry, LOL! Haith, LOL! Coker, LOL! Radio, LOL! Folden, LOL!

Kirby Hocutt is dancing a Hitleresque jig on our pitcher's mound right now. Props to Shalala.

I'll give you that. Her track record for coaching hires isn't good but it doesn't just fall on her. There's a search committee, athletic director, board of trustees, etc. that play a part in the hiring of coaches. I'm not defending her at all, but while she may not be great for the athletic programs, she's a very good president for the university as a whole.

Last edited:
Just curious, what was her batting average during this regional?

Same as mine, but at least I can see a sinking ship when it is right in front of me. She's thrilled that we made the post-season.

Again, I see where you're coming from. It gets extremely frustrating dealing with the same result year after year when we've been accustomed to a higher standard for so long. I'm not a fan of the constant complaining and hoping that we lose just to say, "I told you so". I will say this tho, your Duke basketball analogy changed my perspective on this program. One of the better posts I've seen in a while. Makes a lot more sense than the typical, "fire Morris because he sucks" posts that are constant around here. While we're on the subject of coaches, I was under the impression that DiMare was brought in to eventually succeed Morris, like Jimbo with Bowden. Is that the situation or no?

Last edited:
While we're on the subject of coaches, I was under the impression that DiMare was brought in to eventually succeed Morris, like Jimbo with Bowden. Is that the situation or no?

Unfortunately I think that is the case, especially with the clout that his father has on the Board of Trustees.

I see this even in my industry. Managers and leaders in control are just so afraid to hold people accountable. I'm sure that the AD and Donna and Jim get along just great. But at what point does the tough conversation come up?

While we're on the subject of coaches, I was under the impression that DiMare was brought in to eventually succeed Morris, like Jimbo with Bowden. Is that the situation or no?

Unfortunately I think that is the case, especially with the clout that his father has on the Board of Trustees.

I see this even in my industry. Managers and leaders in control are just so afraid to hold people accountable. I'm sure that the AD and Donna and Jim get along just great. But at what point does the tough conversation come up?
As long as they avoid it and bury their heads in the sand, the answer to that is "never".

The best opportunity to do all of this gracefully was when Hocutt left for TT...we should have came to Morris, offered him the AD job (which he'd be capable of and would love to do), and found someone else to take over the baseball program. We would be in better shape now than we are...we may have missed a postseason or 2 in the process, but if the right hire were made--I feel like we would be further along in rebuilding towards Omaha as opposed to stuck in Regional stagnation like we are now.

I feel that if/when a change is made that it needs to be wholesale. It doesn't need to be DiMare or Arteaga ascending to the throne. It needs to be someone young/hungry who's had success in doing more with less, and entirely outside the Miami bubble. Someone who won't be afraid of the job, and would be willing to put their own stamp on the program.

Advertisement
I feel that if/when a change is made that it needs to be wholesale. It doesn't need to be DiMare or Arteaga ascending to the throne. It needs to be someone young/hungry who's had success in doing more with less, and entirely outside the Miami bubble. Someone who won't be afraid of the job, and would be willing to put their own stamp on the program.

Absolutely agree with this. Start fresh.

Advertisement
Back