Truth from another source

Advertisement
I'm okay with him....but @Rellyrell ....Gattis was a last ditch hire. We have no business losing to MTSU...None...Lose to Clemson or A&M, I could understand. But the complete ineptness in losing to a team that was Blasted by James F-ing Madison is inexcusable....and you know you're my dude
The entire staff lost to mid tenn

I'm okay with him....but @Rellyrell ....Gattis was a last ditch hire. We have no business losing to MTSU...None...Lose to Clemson or A&M, I could understand. But the complete ineptness in losing to a team that was Blasted by James F-ing Madison is inexcusable....and you know you're my dude

With all due respect, & I love u like a brother, but I’m not sure how u’re OK w/ Steele, but not OK w/ Gattis.

I’m a 360 view type of a person, and I tend not to take sides. Football is a team sport, & against MTSU, we lost as a complete team. It’s true, it was unacceptable to lose to MTSU, but it’s also unacceptable for this defense to give up 38 points, 507 total yards w/ 408 coming through the air.

We beat them in total plays ran (89 v. 61)
We beat them in T.O.P (33:58 v. 26:02)

Yet, somehow w/in those 26 mins (a little under 2 qtrs worth of football), MTSU racked up 507 yrds & 38 points. Somehow a 3-star WR who ranked 2,487th in the nation wound catching 2 passes for 169 yrds, AVERAGING 84.5 YARDS/CATCH!!

This is what I know:
I know TVD finished 2021 strong, w/ a line of 2,931 on 62.3% 25 TDs & sacked 20x

I also know that out of that 2,931 & 25 TDs:
931 yrds & 5 TDs came by way of Rambo
442 yrds & 5 TDs came by way of Harley
293 yrds & 1 TD came by way of Restrepo

That’s 57% gone from his production.

Here’s what else I know; the Offense have regressed in some areas & progressed in others. The comparable stats back this up. We’ve regressed in the passing / scoring aspect, & progressed in the rushing / L.O.S aspect. I expected & predicted this based upon the aforementioned info. However, I feel everyone is so laser focused on Gattis & Mario, while allowing Steele skate by.

We’ve played thus far:
FCS BCU, who’s 79th in Passing in FCS play
So. Miss, who’s 79th in Passing FBS
TAMU, who’s 108th in Passing FBS
MTSU, who was 101st in Passing at time of match up, but is now 69th after our game!

Yet, somehow, despite playing these anemic offenses, our passing def is ranked 91st?

Listen, our O scored 31 against MTSU; an ugly 31, but 31 nonetheless. Entering our game, MTSU was 64th in scoring, avg. 26 ppg. The defense gave up 38 in 26 minutes at home.

Even if we won 48-45, I would’ve been livid. So imma need this same energy directed towards Gattis & Mario to be directed towards Steele & Addae. Ppl expect Mario & Gattis to work miracles w/ a depleted WR room, an injured RB room, & a
?able OL that’s been here since Moses parted the Red Sea, but give Steele & staff a pass for the guys they inherited??

**** no; the whole team stunk it up.

With all due respect, & I love u like a brother, but I’m not sure how u’re OK w/ Steele, but not OK w/ Gattis.

I’m a 360 view type of a person, and I tend not to take sides. Football is a team sport, & against MTSU, we lost as a complete team. It’s true, it was unacceptable to lose to MTSU, but it’s also unacceptable for this defense to give up 38 points, 507 total yards w/ 408 coming through the air.

Yet, somehow w/in those 26 mins (a little under 2 qtrs worth of football), MTSU racked up 507 yrds & 38 points. Somehow a 3-star WR who ranked 2,487th in the nation wound catching 2 passes for 169 yrds, AVERAGING 84.5 YARDS/CATCH!!

This is what I know:
I know TVD finished 2021 strong, w/ a line of 2,931 on 62.3% 25 TDs & sacked 20x

Here’s what else I know; the Offense have regressed in some areas & progressed in others. The comparable stats back this up. We’ve regressed in the passing / scoring aspect, & progressed in the rushing / L.O.S aspect. I expected & predicted this based upon the aforementioned info. However, I feel everyone is so laser focused on Gattis & Mario, while allowing Steele skate by.

We’ve played thus far:
MTSU, who was 101st in Passing at time of match up, but is now 69th after our game!

Yet, somehow, despite playing these anemic offenses, our passing def is ranked 91st?

Listen, our O scored 31 against MTSU; an ugly 31, but 31 nonetheless. Entering our game, MTSU was 64th in scoring, avg. 26 ppg. The defense gave up 38 in 26 minutes at home.

Even if we won 48-45, I would’ve been livid. So imma need this same energy directed towards Gattis & Mario to be directed towards Steele & Addae. Ppl expect Mario & Gattis to work miracles w/ a depleted WR room, an injured RB room, & a
?able OL that’s been here since Moses parted the Red Sea, but give Steele & staff a pass for the guys they inherited??

@Rellyrell ....Not crazy about either...but Steeles defense at Auburn vs LSU the yr they Won the NC was impressive (should've Won)
As long as it took Mario to assemble a staff...then after all that Hush, Hush time, to bust out with these 2 guys was alittle troubling.

Advertisement

This is what I know:

We’ve played thus far:

It's easy to explain why people are more irritated with Gattis than Steele.

Last year offense good, defense bad.

This year offense bad, defense bad.

We're not seeing Steele's scheme leading to any players looking worse than what they have so far in their careers here at Miami.

We are seeing guys on offense look like extremely regressed versions of themselves.

This is what I know:

We’ve played thus far:

Facts, bruh!!!

This is what I know:

We’ve played thus far:

Dude you've been giving TOC a run for his money on the word counts lately lol

Advertisement
It's easy to explain why people are more irritated with Gattis than Steele.

Last year offense good, defense bad.

This year offense bad, defense bad.

We're not seeing Steele's scheme leading to any players looking worse than what they have so far in their careers here at Miami.

We are seeing guys on offense look like extremely regressed versions of themselves.

That’s fair, but the narrative on defense was its Diaz’s system, no? The hype was, we will see what a defense w/ all this talent will look like under a real coach, si or no? Again, should 31 have been enough to beat MTSU? When was the last time u seen a WR avg. 84 yrds/catch on more than 1 catch?

I’m just asking, b/c no one appears fazed by this. I think any fan who truly knows the team expected regression, & even the regression we’ve shown, we’re still in the top 50 in most categories, which again, is an improvement in some areas, & regression in others.

That’s fair, but the narrative on defense was its Diaz’s system, no? The hype was, we will see what a defense w/ all this talent will look like under a real coach, si or no? Again, should 31 have been enough to beat MTSU? When was the last time u seen a WR avg. 84 yrds/catch on more than 1 catch?

I’m just asking, b/c no one appears fazed by this. I think any fan who truly knows the team expected regression, & even the regression we’ve shown, we’re still in the top 50 in most categories, which again, is an improvement in some areas, & regression in others.
Nobody is excusing the defense and acting like they played alright. The general consensus was not we had plenty of talent and Diaz's scheme was holding it back. The consensus was his scheme sucked and so did our LB and CB recruiting since 2016. We knew we had talent at safety, but we have little talent at LB, and before the transfer additions, we were worried about the DL. We also knew what Ivey was and knew we were in trouble knowing he honestly was one of our better corners.

While the MTSU game was a miserable game for the secondary, our defense had done okayish the other three games outside of some contain issues and a big play here or there. So the flames weren't quite as hot under the feet of Steele. On the flip side, the offense has looked like doodoo against al FBS competition, so the heat was ramping up more and more each week, each possession.

Advertisement
Nobody is excusing the defense and acting like they played alright. The general consensus was not we had plenty of talent and Diaz's scheme was holding it back. The consensus was his scheme sucked and so did our LB and CB recruiting since 2016. We knew we had talent at safety, but we have little talent at LB, and before the transfer additions, we were worried about the DL. We also knew what Ivey was and knew we were in trouble knowing he honestly was one of our better corners.

While the MTSU game was a miserable game for the secondary, our defense had done okayish the other three games outside of some contain issues and a big play here or there. So the flames weren't quite as hot under the feet of Steele. On the flip side, the offense has looked like doodoo against al FBS competition, so the heat was ramping up more and more each week, each possession.

I humbly disagree, & u’re more than welcome to search the threads on Coach Steele, & hardly anyone have brought him up throughout MTSU. Everything has been Mario & Gattis.

Anyhow, my time & energy will no longer be dedicated to posting here. I did my due diligence in trying to warn & prepare everyone not to drink the Kool-Aid, but we all know what the definition of insanity is.

So feel how ya’ll want. I’ll stay in my lane w/ shoes & jerseys. Deuces. ✌🏾

**** I live 1 hr away from MTSU and Never realized they were such a " Juggernaut"
What the **** have I been missing all these years
Yeah, they are getting their heads handed to them. Where in he'll did UTSA get their receivers. Those Boys are 'Balla's!!

Advertisement
This is it. I wasn't expecting undefeated, or even 9 wins. I just wasnt expecting a loss to MTSU, and the fashion in which we lost. Everything else was going to be message board fodder until ESD. Now, we have a weekly subject of how sh*t the offense looks. And it's deserved until we get P5 results. I'm not on a fire the coach wagon, I'm on the "Find something that works for THE KIDS WE CURRENTLY HAVE." wagon.

I humbly disagree, & u’re more than welcome to search the threads on Coach Steele, & hardly anyone have brought him up throughout MTSU. Everything has been Mario & Gattis.

Anyhow, my time & energy will no longer be dedicated to posting here. I did my due diligence in trying to warn & prepare everyone not to drink the Kool-Aid, but we all know what the definition of insanity is.

So feel how ya’ll want. I’ll stay in my lane w/ shoes & jerseys. Deuces. ✌🏾
Ok, cool! Hook em!

Advertisement
Back