Truth from another source

I think most of us already figured out Miami is not back!

Dang. I was on the fence until I watched this - and it was reinforced by your post , . .

Kempo - if any other revelations pop into your head - just feel free to share - I'm just stunned.

Advertisement
Spoke to my brother in FLORIDA he was listening a sports radio , the old MIAMI players said, that they don't have the talent and will take a while to recruit to win again

Don’t try and figure it out. You can’t. So many layers of ****, it’s impossible to analyze this with any confidence. That’s the most concerning thing, this may not be fixable and a couple more key injuries and we win 3-4 games this year. UNC will certainly tell us more.

Advertisement
We expect to beat MTSU....You on the other hand, are A-Okay with it. We got whipped by a team that got blasted by William & Mary....Keep making excuses...nobody said 12-0....but 8-4 isn't asking alot, with the schedule we have. Run along with your stupid *** excuses....they're getting beyond comical...
Just to add something our schedule was tougher last year.

BTW, I don’t want to hear about talent. This team has 3/4/5 stars all over the field. You can miss and most do with 25% of your roster. You can’t miss on 85 guys. We have a bad culture and leadership problem. Do we have top 5 talent, not close. Do we have top 20 talent, certainly.

dude is absolutely right. But nancys on this board don't want to hear it. we were 7-5 last year and a couple plays away from being 5-7 or 4-8. But they expect a 12-0 team in 9 months
Couple plays away from 9-3 too….Virginia, FSU even UNC.

It's easy to explain why people are more irritated with Gattis than Steele.

Last year offense good, defense bad.

This year offense bad, defense bad.

We're not seeing Steele's scheme leading to any players looking worse than what they have so far in their careers here at Miami.

We are seeing guys on offense look like extremely regressed versions of themselves.
Last year, offense was mediocre and defense bad. at no point was the offense good. offense routinely played 1 terrible half of most games

Advertisement
Last year, offense was mediocre and defense bad. at no point was the offense good. offense routinely played 1 terrible half of most games
You're splitting hairs. Regardless if you think it was good or decent, the point stands. The defense looks no worse, the offense does. That's why Gattis gets more heat than Steele. It isn't rocket science.

Interesting points; it’s like someone on this board have been saying the same chit since…since b4 the season. Wonder who could that be? 🤔

The only thing I disagreed w/ was the benching of TVD comment. Mario never benched Herbert, he never benched Tyler Shough, who transferred to TT & was still *** there, & he never benched Anthony Brown, who by the way, ALSO had his best yr ever under Mario.

I legit hate running rumors b/c they start taking on lives on their own; just like Bernie Kosar was labeled as this reckless drunk for yrs b4 he was finally able to tell his story recently.
I think the whole benching thing is just the media Monday morning QB'ing to create controversy to increase clicks.

If you watch Coach Hayes's The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, he said that it was obvious to him that TVD was drowning and needed to be saved. He felt they waited to long to take him out.

Coach Hayes said he would have taken TVD out for 1 series in the 2nd quarter and had him watch Jake while discussing the plays and progressions. He tells TVD what Jake is doing right and wrong where TVD can see it live. He tells TVD, I'm going to call the same plays when you go back in and now you know exactly what to do. If TVD continues to struggle after that, then you sit him for the rest of the game.

It puts TVD in a positive mind set and gives him confidence rather than letting him spiral further down the rabbit hole. I think his commentary on handling a struggling QB is brilliant!!!

T
We expect to beat MTSU....You on the other hand, are A-Okay with it. We got whipped by a team that got blasted by William & Mary....Keep making excuses...nobody said 12-0....but 8-4 isn't asking alot, with the schedule we have. Run along with your stupid *** excuses....they're getting beyond comical...
The William & Mary game was the 1st game i ever attended as a UM student.
Fri night,, except for a last gasp drive, they would have upset us.
Charlie Tate quit 2 weeks later..

Advertisement
I humbly disagree, & u’re more than welcome to search the threads on Coach Steele, & hardly anyone have brought him up throughout MTSU. Everything has been Mario & Gattis.

Anyhow, my time & energy will no longer be dedicated to posting here. I did my due diligence in trying to warn & prepare everyone not to drink the Kool-Aid, but we all know what the definition of insanity is.

So feel how ya’ll want. I’ll stay in my lane w/ shoes & jerseys. Deuces. ✌🏾
Say yer not leaving the board.
Just this thread, yes?..

You're splitting hairs. Regardless if you think it was good or decent, the point stands. The defense looks no worse, the offense does. That's why Gattis gets more heat than Steele. It isn't rocket science.
the offense doesn't look worse it looks exactly the same, mediocre. It looks worse to you apparently but the reality is, its no worse than last years or the year before.

Advertisement

This guy has some good advice.

Please merge if already posted, I did not find any.

It's always easy to make comments like the video shared, after the fact, when everyone is upset and needs some calming down. The reality, anyone that thought this was going to be a great comeback year and win the ACC, was just being hopeful. Mario and his staff had a huge rebuild job and it's not even close. The WR situation is a big problem, TVD learning a new offense is a challenge, the OL is better, but not good enough to compete, and the Secondary, LB's are not deep. I still believe the program is better than last year at this time with a quality and respected HC, a real and professional AD, the hope of a UM Stadium, and a stabilized program. Now, it's the hard part that money can't buy, quality recruits and the hard work to become great. I love Saturday's, but 2022 is going to be barely bowl eligible team, 2024 is when I expect a contending UM team.

I already told you *******, miami will not be back or close to relevance until they put that got **** pipe back in Sebastians mouth. that is a powerful symbol of we don't give a ****. but we have been taken over by pussies and weak people for many years. Rad and Mario will make us stronger in the long run. we know they are here for the long term and I do believe in year 3 we will be competing with the best of them. but we should never lose to a team like MTSU. this is what sets our asses back in recruiting. ....Gattis is a fraud.

we need better talent. plain and simple.

the offense doesn't look worse it looks exactly the same, mediocre. It looks worse to you apparently but the reality is, its no worse than last years or the year before.
Yea dude, totally!

Let's look. Last year's offense averaged 5.6 yards/play. This year's is 4.8. That's 99th in the nation.

Last year's offense averaged 7.8 yards/pass attempt. This year it is 6.4. 96th in the nation.

Last year's offense averaged 3.3 yards/carry. This year it is 3.4. Woo, improvement! 99th in the nation.

Last year's offense got .409 points/play. This years is .278. 103rd in the nation. Yikes.

Last year's offense got 13.7 yards/point. This year we're down to 17.2 which is 106th in the nation.

Last year's offense red zone % was 85.42. This year it is 76.92, 92nd in the nation.

Last year the team had a 142.4 passing rating. This year we're at 110.7. That's 106th in the nation.

Last year we averaged 15.7 pts in the 1st half. This year it is 7.7. 107th in the nation.

Last year we averaged 15.2 pts in the 2nd half. This year we are at 15.7. Finally, another stat we improved! 45th in the nation.

Look how much we've regressed in nearly every category. And that's with last year's schedule where we played 10 P5 teams compared to so far we've played 1 P5 team. We've played 1 P5 team and 3 cupcakes and our offense has been that much worse.

Advertisement
Back