TRUTH BE TOLD

515 yards with a backup QB for 3 quarters. We need to start sterilizing most of this site.
I’ve said it before. The problem isn’t Lashlee. Just look at the strides Perry made under him. The problem offensively is King’s limitations as a QB and by all means he’s the best we’ve had since Brock but once he got someone that could really stretched the field it got way better. Just imagine this O with Jake Garcia. He’s probably going to be favored because that’s Rhett’s guy.

Advertisement
Having his DT ability is a plus but King is and always was a limited passer. I take a lot of **** and I don’t bump my own threads or posts I’ve made for cred because I’m here for fanhood. Maybe if I did people would realize how much I really know compared to most.
I think he called a better game with a less mobile QB.

I don't know if anyone said this but I'm starting to feel that Lashlee ain't the guy I thought he was. The play calling has been suspect(what was that bull on the last drive) and the offense is starting to look gimmicky just like the defense. It will put up numbers but against a top team it will not cut it.

Hence; I said in the “extension” thread, why give him a pay raise now. So I had to watch the game on recording. If u were sitting next to me, u would’ve thought I was Kyler Murray in that Nissan, Heisman commercial. I’m literally starting to call our plays by formation alone. Just like when Perry fake the QB sneak, I knew either Mallory or Harley would be running down the middle.

Here’s where I’m getting at; I’m a avid, but casual fan. We started doing this w/ Richt towards the latter end of 2017, and by the time 2018 rolled around, well the whole nation caught on.

If I’m starting to call out our plays based upon formation, just wait until a year’s worth of film is available starting next season.

I'm just confused how somebody watches today's game and comes to the conclusion that Lashlee is terrible.

He's literally the only reason we were in the game. LOL
With a backup QB and awful OL to boot.
Neva said Lashlee was terrible and if you saw my answers to other post you would understand this isn't based on one game. So I wanted to see if others see some of the same. I'm not saying I want him gone or anything cause I understand the talent ain't all of that at some spots. Just a conversation to have.

Advertisement
I’ve said it before. The problem isn’t Lashlee. Just look at the strides Perry made under him. The problem offensively is King’s limitations as a QB and by all means he’s the best we’ve had since Brock but once he got someone that could really stretched the field it got way better. Just imagine this O with Jake Garcia. He’s probably going to be favored because that’s Rhett’s guy.
I'm starting to think King didn't throw deep very often because he knew Pope and Wiggins would not come down with it. As far as Lashlee goes, he had both his qb's well prepared. He is not our problem.

Lashlee isnt the problem..however there are times where it seems like we waste downs and the 3rd and short runs into our marshmallow offensive line is frustrating. Im nitpicking obviously. Im glad we have him

Advertisement
Some of the play calling was setting up plays in the second half. But I agree the timing was off on these calls

Another dumb thread.
Can we please keep our eyes on the prize? We have bad defensive coaches and bad wide receivers. Our OL needs to continue to improve.

To ***** about the OC when we scored 34 points with a back-up quarterback and receivers who can’t catch a cold is borderline moronic. It’s the equivalent of missing 10 questions on a test and then complaining about a question you answered
Ok genius, we all know he isn't the problem, but this is a legitimate post. If we look at our big games this year, Clemson and UNC wasn't bother by our offense if you honest. I'm not talking bout teams we should beat, I'm asking about against the big dogs. All it might take is a lil more talent and I hope that's all it is cause his track record is really good. To be satisfied with what we did against Clemson or UNC offensively ain't cutting it period. That's the prize huh, beating the upper echelon?

I don't know if anyone said this but I'm starting to feel that Lashlee ain't the guy I thought he was. The play calling has been suspect(what was that bull on the last drive) and the offense is starting to look gimmicky just like the defense. It will put up numbers but against a top team it will not cut it.
Again, rhett lashlee is in the big leagues now, his offensive philosophy of trying to run more plays than the next team is not gone get it done, plus he doesn't have a seasoned headcoach to help mold him as a coordinator.

Case in point, I could careless about coach kelley at shame, but when they played Bama the other day, once he quickly realized the situation and that his defense was more out-matched than he realized, he quickly slowed the game down, went with the run-game to keep his defense off the field and keep Bama's offense on the sidelines, it was the only way they might've had a chance, good coaching on his part.

Meanwhile, we got basically dumb & dumber trying to see if we can out-hike everybody, and consistently handing the ball back to high-powered offenses with the quickness!

The last 5:52 of that V-Tech game is still comical to me, couch made that pick with 5:52 left on the clock, we ended up punting, defense gets the ball back to our offense, another possession and somehow we still ended giving the ball back to them with almost 2:00mins still on the clock, 1:45 to be exact!

Advertisement
Bruh..... Idk if some of y’all realize that this ain’t madden, and you’re not gonna score TD’s on **** near every possession. There are things that’s wrong in this program, but Lashlee ain’t it. If 6 and 8 could catch a cold, then we win that game going away..... EVEN IF everything else went exactly like it did.

Lashlee isn't even close to the problem but it's ok to say he **** the bed in our two most important games of the season, which happened to be the two best opponents we faced.

I'll chalk it up to the lack of preparation with the offensive unit during Spring/Summer + a wide receiver unit that belongs in Division 3 football, and let's see what Year 2 brings.

In a game where our star QB destroyed his knee in the 2nd quarter and we had 758 horrendous drops and still scored 34 some if you manage to find fault with the OC. Amazing.

Advertisement
I think he has a pretty good play book but to me he doesn’t come with a sound game plan on game day. Instead of coming with plays against the opponents weak spots he comes with what ever they execute best at practice. He forces and guesses plays that the opposing team is ready for..same scenario with the D

Confused Here We Go GIF by Lillee Jean

In a game where our star QB destroyed his knee in the 2nd quarter and we had 758 horrendous drops and still scored 34 some if you manage to find fault with the OC. Amazing.
I didn't say the offense couldn't put up numbers...I'm asking can this offense beat the top notch teams cause against Clemson and UNC our offense took a step back.... that's all I'm asking

Advertisement
Back