TRUTH BE TOLD

Advertisement
I'm just confused how somebody watches today's game and comes to the conclusion that Lashlee is terrible.

He's literally the only reason we were in the game. LOL
With a backup QB and awful OL to boot.

No one thinks Lash is terrible but he's not "elite" either. He's above average and overall one of our best OC's in 10+ years. That said, some of his play calling is very predictable and frustrating. How many times we run a QB draw on 3rd down? How many times after a first down we run inside zone and waste first down getting 1 yard, etc.

OL actually played **** well this game and Perry was on fire. WR's (Pope/Wiggins) blew the game or Perry who have had another 150+ yards easy

Another dumb thread.
Can we please keep our eyes on the prize? We have bad defensive coaches and bad wide receivers. Our OL needs to continue to improve.

To ***** about the OC when we scored 34 points with a back-up quarterback and receivers who can’t catch a cold is borderline moronic. It’s the equivalent of missing 10 questions on a test and then complaining about a question you answered correctly.

Advertisement
Give lashleet wo guards and a center who can run block and some wrs who can catch we average over 40 a game and 500 yds easily. I mean he got 34ppg and 440 ypg with a trash inside ol and trash wrs. Give us that and we can do better against the clemsons

Terrible is harsh, I'd say he's pretty good but not elite like some of y'all hype him up to be. He's too infatuated with designed runs with King and doesn't let him throw like Perry - why did the playbook open up all of a sudden when Perry's noodle arm came in? King's packages are too centered around the inside handoff, his running should come naturally in a scrambling ability with 3-4 designed runs a game, and not 100 designed runs in the first two quarters.

Lashlee isn’t an all world play caller by any stretch but he didn’t drop the perfectly thrown bombs that could’ve won us the game. I also think we would’ve been a whole lot more explosive this year if our offense looked like it did with Kosi. He falls in love with King’s legs way too often.

Advertisement
I don't know if anyone said this but I'm starting to feel that Lashlee ain't the guy I thought he was. The play calling has been suspect(what was that bull on the last drive) and the offense is starting to look gimmicky just like the defense. It will put up numbers but against a top team it will not cut it.
I actually have more hope with him going forward. While I love a dual threat like King, surprisingly, I think his play calling was mostly better tonight with Kosi where he couldn’t rely on the run the same way. The drops killed us.

@Zbrod95 i see what you’ve been saying.

Crawl before you walk and run! Lashlee ain’t the issue! We went from being a newborn last year to crawling this year. Perhaps Rivers and Issaiah (or however you spell it) can contribute next year and we can get from crawling to walking. Addition by subtraction with Pope and Wiggins and you are straight running. I laugh that we are complaining about the OC a year after we had the illustrious Dan Enoe.

First year OC with no spring ball and a transfer QB and the worst WRs and OL in Miami history

And we still racked up points and yards.

Umm yea Lashlee is not the problem

Advertisement
We can’t be watching the same game. This dude is out there making miracles happen.

OL can’t block a soul and we have 2 WRs that can’t catch a cold.

what does bother me is those WRs and OL still getting major snap counts and some of his choice of play calls at certain times. I wish we would’ve tried to run once or twice on the final 2 drives but I’m guessing that fumble on the handoff took that out the game plan so **** who knows.

Lashlee 3rd and short runs are mind numbing.

but today he called his best game IMO. There was motion, misdirection and fakes that keep the defense off balance. I hope what we saw tonight are staples of to expect moving forward.

Advertisement
No one thinks Lash is terrible but he's not "elite" either. He's above average and overall one of our best OC's in 10+ years. That said, some of his play calling is very predictable and frustrating. How many times we run a QB draw on 3rd down? How many times after a first down we run inside zone and waste first down getting 1 yard, etc.

OL actually played **** well this game and Perry was on fire. WR's (Pope/Wiggins) blew the game or Perry who have had another 150+ yards easy
Samuel L Jackson What GIF by Coming to America

I actually have more hope with him going forward. While I love a dual threat like King, surprisingly, I think his play calling was mostly better tonight with Kosi where he couldn’t rely on the run the same way. The drops killed us.

@Zbrod95 i see what you’ve been saying.
Having his DT ability is a plus but King is and always was a limited passer. I take a lot of **** and I don’t bump my own threads or posts I’ve made for cred because I’m here for fanhood. Maybe if I did people would realize how much I really know compared to most.

Advertisement
Back