Coaching TRob...

T-Rob cant do anything about the fact that Mannys defense isnt about technique or assignment football (which are the two key parts to any team sport).

Miami has both poor technique and doesnt play assignment football. We do not match personnel, we do not disguise well (or at all). All we do is run upfield and try to play seek and destroy. To destroy, you have to seek first tho.

Advertisement
T-Rob cant do anything about the fact that Mannys defense isnt about technique or assignment football (which are the two key parts to any team sport).

Miami has both poor technique and doesnt play assignment football. We do not match personnel, we do not disguise well (or at all). All we do is run upfield and try to play seek and destroy. To destroy, you have to seek first tho.
Facts its borderline a High school level scheme

Advertisement
Our issues continue to be scheme related IMO. You’re blitzing and leaving corners 10 yards off the LOS and it’s like taking candy from a baby. If we are gonna get beat at least get beat with our corners being aggressive and jamming at the line.

Agree. Maybe it's me but i don't recall our corners playing the DOnofrio 10 yards off the receiver style of Defense in Manny's prior years here. Those sideline passes and ensuing 5 plus yards gains we're frustrating to watch. No doubt Bama has some speed at that position so i can understand being somewhat cautious, but it seemed like we were giving them too much respect.

Was pretty inevitable but TOS is basically saying he has reached out to other programs already to secure a job for next year LOL. I look at this recruiting class as having 0 commits. Let’s get the right coach then go nuts in the portal.

Advertisement
Under Manny, hard to judge IMO, but there are way more people here that know & understand the in’s & outs of coaching way better than me that can provide analysis.

Was pretty inevitable but TOS is basically saying he has reached out to other programs already to secure a job for next year LOL. I look at this recruiting class as having 0 commits. Let’s get the right coach then go nuts in the portal.

Did TOS say him or is that just everyone assuming it’s him? Because I didn’t see anyone named ...

Advertisement
I told u man we have the same players bruh. He's a recruiter and can teach good players and he's good at evaluating. He can teach trash players tons of technique but they just don't have the skill set. He knows it the NFL scouts know it our opponents know it. Stop acting like a DB coach can turn Ivey into Revis. He is who tf he is and it's not TRobs fault.

There is a reason big time DB schools of today did not recruit a Couch an Ivey. Saban wouldn't go near those two.

I'd replace T-Rob with Corey Raymond (L$U) in a heartbeat. Never happen though.
My FIRST off season move was to throw a bag at Raymond & make his DC/DB coach. No matter who the coaches or DCs have been, he’s produced DBs. But that guy is a LSU lifer; played for them, grew up round those parts, and now coaches there. Give me Raymond’s DB NFL resume over T-Rob’s all day. Guy produces NFL all pros & Pro Bowlers. Whole slew of NFL bust in T-Rob

Advertisement
I told u man we have the same players bruh. He's a recruiter and can teach good players and he's good at evaluating. He can teach trash players tons of technique but they just don't have the skill set. He knows it the NFL scouts know it our opponents know it. Stop acting like a DB coach can turn Ivey into Revis. He is who tf he is and it's not TRobs fault.

There is a reason big time DB schools of today did not recruit a Couch an Ivey. Saban wouldn't go near those two.
D; I ?’d him. He was given the keys to run a defense & it was an epic failure at USCe.

Corey aint leaving LSU unless its an HC job or one of the big boys give him full reign over the defense. We could offer him 1M+ to run the show on that side and AHC title and I still dont think he’d come here, JMO.

Advertisement
Back