Trio of Canes coaches see Brian Edwards

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami coaches Manny Diaz, Ephraim Banda, and Mike Rumph were at 2017 DB target Brian Edwards' house last night.

[TWEET]819753489723260928[/TWEET]

The former Canes commit from Miramar has remained a priority for Miami coaches over the last few months, and a source close to Edwards' told CanesInSight that his decision will come down to Miami and Florida.

He will visit Louisville this weekend, but they are not a serious threat at this point -- Edwards' mother is not taking the trip with him. He will visit Coral Gables officially next weekend before seeing Gainesville on the 27th-29th weekend of January. Mark Richt is scheduled to see Edwards in-home next week prior to his visit.

One more tidbit -- CanesInSight has learned that Edwards' mother will "definitely" be on the Miami visit with him, while it is up in the air if she take the trip to UF with him.

Advertisement
What to **** are we bringing Russell Athletic Bowl Trophy to a recruit visit. Bring an old Natty Champ trophy, but not a RAB trophy. Looks like our staff are rookies at this after all. That will pull in the big targets. SMH

Advertisement
We really need Edwards in this class. Him along with Dean would be a solid CB pull. You gotta think if UF beats us out for Henderson (99% likely), then hopefully we can beat them head-to-head for Edwards.

So it sounds like if UF offers him as a take in their class, he could be theirs

If not he is ours

What to **** are we bringing Russell Athletic Bowl Trophy to a recruit visit. Bring an old Natty Champ trophy, but not a RAB trophy. Looks like our staff are rookies at this after all. That will pull in the big targets. SMH

Let's bring a NC trophy from 16 years ago. Great idea lol Exciting for the program to win a decent bowl game finally and the program is on rise with this staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Landing Edwards would be huge.

In my opinion he would be our most underrated player in the class.

Bringing a trophy from when these guys were toddlers will fit the narrative of all the teams saying Miami hasn't been relevant in a long time. Even though the RAB trophy isn't the best trophy to win, it at least shows we are making progress.

Let's bring a NC trophy from 16 years ago. Great idea lol Exciting for the program to win a decent bowl game finally and the program is on rise with this staff.

Much better to show tradition and what could be when selling a kid than bringing a Carnival trophy.

Advertisement

Much better to show tradition and what could be when selling a kid than bringing a Carnival trophy.

Yeah keep living in the past! Been irrelevant for 16 years. We finally have momentum after a bowl win and things are looking up. Let the coaches have fun. The coaches, players and recruits loved our bowl win and the excitement for the future.

Advertisement

lol was going to write this

A pull of Edwards, Dallas, Bandy, and Dean at CB, and Njoku, Thomas, Pouncey, and one of the transfers at WR along with one more of the o-linemen we are targeting, would really solidify this class.

Advertisement
Back