Trio of Canes coaches see Brian Edwards

What to **** are we bringing Russell Athletic Bowl Trophy to a recruit visit. Bring an old Natty Champ trophy, but not a RAB trophy. Looks like our staff are rookies at this after all. That will pull in the big targets. SMH

Staff bringing the trophy they won in their first year....something Shannon couldn't do something Golden couldn't do....they're telling him this is the 1st of many and let's build on this.

Advertisement
What to **** are we bringing Russell Athletic Bowl Trophy to a recruit visit. Bring an old Natty Champ trophy, but not a RAB trophy. Looks like our staff are rookies at this after all. That will pull in the big targets. SMH

Let's bring a NC trophy from 16 years ago. Great idea lol Exciting for the program to win a decent bowl game finally and the program is on rise with this staff.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much better to show tradition and what could be when selling a kid than bringing a Carnival trophy.

kids live in the now

we won a bowl game it shows new staff made progress not just talk about it like the last staff

Just leave the rab trophy in Coral Gables, no kid has ambition to win that trophy

We need this kid to solidify or DB class along with Dean. Hope his mom is pro Miami and understands the impact kids can have on their own family and community by staying local and interacting.

Advertisement
Just leave the rab trophy in Coral Gables, no kid has ambition to win that trophy

Some of you guys don't see the big picture. Miami hadn't won a bowl game in 10 years before this staff got on board. In year 1, they won 9 games, totally revamped the defense which was one of the worse in the nation to one of the best, as well as won a bowl game. They can sell to him that they have the literal hardware to show they're making improvement and need his help to get even better trophies down the road. the RAB is not some toilet bowl; it's quality but they want bigger and better.

On the surface I agree with what you are saying, but you want to burn the way we played in that game into kids minds. For a night we played football the way a UM team is supposed to play football, and whooped a pretty solid squad. That trophy represents that. We need to show kids that we are within reach of the games they want to play in. IMHO they are doing just that.

Pete, do you have anything on the rumors regarding his grades?

Someone mentioned that he might have some issues qualifying.

Baez and the boys will figure out a way to get him in. If they're recruiting him, that means they're confident they can figure out a plan just like they did for Mullins and co.

Advertisement

Lol wow. You bring that trophy and day er destroyed the #16 team in the nation and if we played the same at worst we go 11-1 and ate playoff contenders. They're telling him if you come we're in the ACCCG every year and that the bowl win was just step 1

Yes, he's not qualified as of right now but the expectation is that he will be fine by May.

Edwards Mom needs to go with him to Louisville this weekend so she can help recruit Jeff Thomas' Mom during his OV there.

Advertisement

Bringing a trophy from when these guys were toddlers will fit the narrative of all the teams saying Miami hasn't been relevant in a long time. Even though the RAB trophy isn't the best trophy to win, it at least shows we are making progress.

Absolutely. The progress this program made this year is palpable. The defense was fun to watch for the first time in 7-10 years. Don't be content with the RAB trophy, but don't be embarrassed by it either. It was a solid victory against a 10 win team. Definitely moving in the right direction.

Advertisement
I wouldn't want my mom coming with me to a place like ****sville on a visit how am I going to get all that free white girl pu$$y with my mom right there

Advertisement
Back