Trevor Lawrence making sense.

Shut up and dribble, Goldilocks.

Nah, gotta feel bad for these kids as they obviously think things are on the precipice and hoping they they have a shot at changing things if they all just band together and speak out when the ship has probably already sailed.
Take the L...

Advertisement
He got hurt on the field, that's obvious. You were born yesterday of you think any organization or company is paying for anything they don't have to. I can already see it now, "we don't know if he got covid while he was playing" Good luck kid, get well
Ignorant assumption based on victimology issues.....

So the #1 and #2 pick who both has nothing/little else to prove are begging to play. Meanwhile our guy chickens out and signs with Drew hours later.
Remember, drew is very convincing, if you think the s.e.c. security & exchange commission conference bag game is on fleek, don't sleep!

down for the union, doubt itll happen and will likely provide more motivation to postpone or cancel. thats the biggest threat to the current model of amateurism

Advertisement
Lawrence took The Legend's words from a couple months ago almost verbatim. The panic people never have an answer for what I've been hammering for months--kids will catch it whether there's football or not because they're not going to isolate.

In fact, they'll probably be more at risk away from the team because they'll have less structure and less access to medical care. On top of that, a significant percentage of players will go back to housing that they share with a lot of people with some of them being old and/or co-morbid.

Advertisement
He makes sense for other players but he’s a guarantee top three pick.

It doesn’t make sense for him to personally play.

Just say you put in the work and you want to play.

This makes his statement even more credible - he has nothing to gain from playing.

EfB-movWAAAe7pU.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
@HighSeas if you are looking for an example of why people have no respect for CFB media, look at this Tweet from Dennis Dodd. They think the players are children that need to be protected:

And people wonder why a guy like Clay Travis has gained so much notoriety the past few months.

Personally, I think he takes the “Covid-19 is overblown” position way too far. But the problem is, when he’s one of the only alternatives in the CFB media willing to provide the opposite viewpoint, it causes people to gravitate towards him. Guys like Wolken and Rovell are the reason Travis is popular.

Needless to say, none of them should have a say on what happens with the season. It should be up to the players and coaches.

@HighSeas if you are looking for an example of why people have no respect for CFB media, look at this Tweet from Dennis Dodd. They think the players are children that need to be protected:

So national pundit columnists from online rags like CBS Sports or SI or Yahoo or whatever have ****** taeks that they spin into long articles. That's nothing new, rather it's been their job as dying-breed general columnists. The best thing anyone can do is ignore what they write - not now, always - and wait for them to go extinct. They have to have a slant on every major news story in their sport and that doesn't necessarily reflect an agenda or ulterior motive. They're just chugging along, clinging on for dear life to their tenured positions that require them to produce volumes of junk.

Also keep in mind that for every Dennis Dodd or Dan Wolken there's a Clay Travis or Danny Kannell or Doug Gottlieb or Joel Klatt embarrassing themselves with awful takes aimed at maintaining the status quo and depriving players of their fair share of CFB economics. Those are the folks with transparent agendas who can't be trusted under any circumstances.

I have a favorable opinion of sports media because I only read plugged-in reporters who provide sourced information, and writers/analysts who cover specific topics that I'm interested in with depth. I don't see what the value of the traditional newspaper sports column is regardless of what form of distribution it takes. The bulk of CFB media are people who fall into those buckets: the Manny Navarros of the world. Those people are being lumped in with a handful of dorks and it's unfair.

It's obvious that some in power are taking this pandemic seriously. Seriously enough to consider chucking the season, something none of us ever thought was possible. That is an undeniable fact.

So instead of the incessant complaints and denial, why haven't everyone just followed the recommended medical precautions designed to reduce its spread, instead of injecting their politics into the situation?

IF that would have been done, We would all now be looking forward to playing Temple and completing the rest of our season....instead of facing a reduced or even the possibility of no schedule.

Scoring political points, outright denial and incessant excuse making for not following medical guidelines has gotten us to this point. So CONGRATS.

Now we want to point our fingers at others, when its been in our hands all along to have substantially reduced this pandemic..... if we weren't so selfish or thought we knew more than the resident "experts".

The sooner we stop fighting each other and cooperate, the sooner this will be behind us.
But suddenly after watching a few episodes of TV and maybe reading an article or two some actually felt that they were on equal footing as medical experts with years of specialized education, training and experience in one of science's most difficult fields. UnF'ing believable!!

Want someone to blame? Look in the mirror, you can either say I cast dispersions, put out nonsense, fostered conspiracies, continued to deny or tried to minimize, or gave excuses for what was happening (all of which mean you've actually been fighting against reducing 19's spread).....or say I actually tried.( if you've tried to follow guidelines)

I really don't care where you fall on this, I don't know or care about your politics, ....BUT accept the fact that sports are not in jeopardy of not being played now because they didn't want to play and not make $$$ ....or because sports has an overactive imagination. Our actions or lack of actions placed our sports in this predicament.

Our sports may not be played because we're still too busy playing politics and arguing with the medical experts as if we actually know what is best... instead of being smart and following the advice of those who actually do know MORE...all because we want to pretend we're something that we're not OR have a political agenda

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back