Trevor Lawrence making sense.

Advertisement
I already expressed my opinion. It's a stupid take. Nothing personal and my reaction doesn't reflect my opinion on you beyond that. Think through what you typed and you'll realize that what you're insinuating makes absolutely no sense and you can do better. We all have stupid thoughts sometimes - myself included - so it's a good idea to think them through before typing and hitting send.

If you really need my help I'll lay out a few ideas for you to consider.

1. CFB writers want nothing more than to do their jobs covering football games and the storylines that emerge from such
2. CFB writers have thus been extremely generous in largely keeping opinions out of their coverage of this pandemic. I subscribe to the Athletic which is as liberal and free-press a news outlet as you can find and I only see fact-based coverage of CFB
3. Of the concerns (rightfully) expressed by CFB writers, low-probability death outcomes are at the bottom of the list

If you think these points are incorrect I'd love to hear how you think CFB writers should approach their jobs as they cover this issue. And if you think the media is somehow responsible for this mess I'd love to hear you admit yourself into an institution.

@Salt is that a forceful and cogent response?

EDIT: I see your follow-up post. Understand that writers are writing about cancelling the season because that's the intel they're hearing from sources (presidents, ADs, commissioners, etc.). If you want more context on that issue you can check my post history and see my only other post in the last however long.
Thank you for the response. My comment was more aimed at the general situation than the sportswriters in general. Media has played to the most sensational for some time now and sports is no different.

If they do add perspective in this environment, they risk being seen as becoming political. But if my livelihood depended on it, that's exactly what I'd do if I thought it was unfair.

Perhaps my opinion is influenced by the trend in cases, but thats something that's readily available and easy to interpret.

I just wish logic and reason was more important than panic and exaggeration. Maybe people would see that they're going to lose something they love.

Which one of you ******* losers keeps responding to all of our players who are tweeting #WeWantToPlay with this:

1597026970655.png

And you all still think this decision has anything to do with covid and not continuing the sham of amateurism and money in general.

Advertisement
He maybe right, but ask the St. Louis Cardinals Baseball team if they are safer. Better yet, ask the home team Miami Marlins if everything is "safe"

just saying.
Marlins have had their best start in years.

Fact and I mean FACT is, we started at this is HOAX, although THOUSANDS had already died around the world, to WE WILL HAVING TESTING, TO VENTILATORS, TO IT WILL BE GONE BY SUMMER, TO HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS AMERICANS DEAD. Because we lacked the leadership and insight to communities and the greater risk to peoples of those communities that this young man is clearly demonstrating. The same BLACK KIDS you yearn to sign are more safe in environments where the health protections are being implemented by real leaders and people capable of showing empathy.
Lol at real leaders?? Who is that? The ones telling them that the only thing they can do is wear masks and wait for a vaccine. Oh and dont go to a bar or play football but you can go To WalMart?? And gtfoh with that weak *** **** about empathy these kids ain’t looking for that.

no one started at this is a hoax. Majority of the deaths and infection rate numbers are fake. And this narrative that black communities are more impacted is fake as well.

Hospitals aren’t full of covid19 patients. The recovery rate is at 99.6%. Blah blah Ppl live ppl die that’s life.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thank you for the response. My comment was more aimed at the general situation than the sportswriters in general. Media has played to the most sensational for some time now and sports is no different.

If they do add perspective in this environment, they risk being seen as becoming political. But if my livelihood depended on it, that's exactly what I'd do if I thought it was unfair.

Perhaps my opinion is influenced by the trend in cases, but thats something that's readily available and easy to interpret.

I just wish logic and reason was more important than panic and exaggeration. Maybe people would see that they're going to lose something they love.

Well I mean you're not breaking ground by acknowledging the sensationalism of mainstream political media. Their economic success is dependent on division, chaos, fear, panic, etc. and that's a bipartisan media issue. No one is watching the news to hear about how great things are - they wanna hear and see the most disturbing **** out there. Tool has a good song called Vicarious that addresses this.

I don't see the same rhetoric in sports media. Sports fans want to be informed and they like positive stories. Winning sells, and losing sells when it projects optimism, like the draft. Very few CFB pundits exist who often write negative columns, and the ones that do write for rags and I don't read them.

Advertisement
Lawrence isn’t wrong but these conversations needed to be had starting in June.

I see a lot of people saying this but it was impossible. On Thursday people were calling those who wanted schools open, child murderers. Now that the other side saw the polling, they did a complete 180 and now want to open schools and it’s not seen as a bad thing.

Until both political sides agreed on something, schools and anybody else that housed kids would have been committing suicide to say they were playing or coming up with a plan to play.
They would’ve been the talk of everyone and it would’ve raised the “amateur” question and brought more light to “forcing” unpaid kids to risk their lives to enrich others. No matter what the data said it would’ve been a lose lose.

And he stayed despite being a top 5 pick and said it’s worse if he leaves as far as getting covid. Amazing when the mentality is right. But our dude is actually leaving the team and blaming it on covid and dudes are upset cause I called bs.

Lol at real leaders?? Who is that? The ones telling them that the only thing they can do is wear masks and wait for a vaccine. Oh and dont go to a bar or play football but you can go To WalMart?? And gtfoh with that weak *** **** about empathy these kids ain’t looking for that.

no one started at this is a hoax. Majority of the deaths and infection rate numbers are fake. And this narrative that black communities are more impacted is fake as well.

Hospitals aren’t full of covid19 patients. The recovery rate is at 99.6%. Blah blah Ppl live ppl die that’s life.
Your right bro. I’m admitting people with sprained ankles to the icu and saying it’s covid. I’m lying 247. Our icu is full of people that just want to be there. Actually I think someone in administration is paying these people to come stay on oxygen for a few weeks away from their families. Actually that’s why we have no visitors so they can’t see all the Empty beds.

Ahh fck it I’ll confess. Im Part of the deep state. As a matter of fact everyone I work with is lying. We’re also paying off funeral homes and family members to say they all have covid. We’re actually killing homeless people and saying they died of corona.
2 birds one stone get money for covid and solve the homeless problem.

You’re a fckng idiot. Mods give me points for insult.

Last edited:
Advertisement
1. CFB writers want nothing more than to do their jobs covering football games and the storylines that emerge from such

Unfortunately, partisan posturing is so deeply ingrained in these journalists that they can't function outside of that worldview. There is a reason the public's trust in the media (per polls) has plunged during this pandemic. And it was already at record lows.

It goes for both sides, by the way. Clay Travis is no different than Dan Wolken. Two wings of the same bird.

Unfortunately, partisan posturing is so deeply ingrained in these journalists that they can't function outside of that worldview. There is a reason the public's trust in the media (per polls) has plunged during this pandemic. And it was already at record lows.

It goes for both sides, by the way. Clay Travis is no different than Dan Wolken. Two wings of the same bird.

Only difference is that Clay Travis is a small brained ******* who loves to fellate himself. Dude is a cancer, regardless of politics.

Kid is a first round draft pick. Rallying trying to get football to be played. Meanwhile I’m Miami ... a hyped DE w one year experience opts out to protect himself.
Champions vs Chumps. I just hope they don’t slaughter us again.

Advertisement
Back