Trevor Lawrence making sense.

Advertisement
This just in....CNN has declared Trevor Lawrence a ****
Fact and I mean FACT is, we started at this is HOAX, although THOUSANDS had already died around the world, to WE WILL HAVING TESTING, TO VENTILATORS, TO IT WILL BE GONE BY SUMMER, TO HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS AMERICANS DEAD. Because we lacked the leadership and insight to communities and the greater risk to peoples of those communities that this young man is clearly demonstrating. The same BLACK KIDS you yearn to sign are more safe in environments where the health protections are being implemented by real leaders and people capable of showing empathy.

Fact and I mean FACT is, we started at this is HOAX, although THOUSANDS had already died around the world, to WE WILL HAVING TESTING, TO VENTILATORS, TO IT WILL BE GONE BY SUMMER, TO HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS AMERICANS DEAD. Because we lacked the leadership and insight to communities and the greater risk to peoples of those communities that this young man is clearly demonstrating. The same BLACK KIDS you yearn to sign are more safe in environments where the health protections are being implemented by real leaders and people capable of showing empathy.
Tough to take anyone seriously who says hundreds of thousands of Americans are dead.

Advertisement
Shut up and dribble, Goldilocks.

Nah, gotta feel bad for these kids as they obviously think things are on the precipice and hoping they they have a shot at changing things if they all just band together and speak out when the ship has probably already sailed.

Just read…not one of your better posts by a long shot. It actually qualifies as dumb. You might want to clarify hat post if you’re going to be butthurt by emoji reaction.
You know better than to think I get butthurt.

Sportswriters keep writing articles about canceling. Canceling will alienate fans. Fewer fans, less need for sportswriters.

Covid is still serious, but it hasn't proven to be anywhere near as bad as feared, even in NY and NJ. Hospitals weren't overwhelmed. They weren't deciding which patients should die because of a lack of supplies. Industry stepped up. Those in a position to ration and ensure adequate supplies did so. The materials departments in these health care systems should be lavished with praise right now. The same with the front line workers in New England. They were tested and rose to the challenge.

But instead we have a bunch of panty waist AD's choosing to make things seem worse than they are and shooting themselves in the foot. If this wasn't an election year, Covid wouldn't have become the issue du jour for both sides, people would claim they wanted to kill CFB to keep from paying players. Instead, we have this.

Clear enough?

Advertisement
@HighSeas, got an opinion about my post?
I already expressed my opinion. It's a stupid take. Nothing personal and my reaction doesn't reflect my opinion on you beyond that. Think through what you typed and you'll realize that what you're insinuating makes absolutely no sense and you can do better. We all have stupid thoughts sometimes - myself included - so it's a good idea to think them through before typing and hitting send.

If you really need my help I'll lay out a few ideas for you to consider.

1. CFB writers want nothing more than to do their jobs covering football games and the storylines that emerge from such
2. CFB writers have thus been extremely generous in largely keeping opinions out of their coverage of this pandemic. I subscribe to the Athletic which is as liberal and free-press a news outlet as you can find and I only see fact-based coverage of CFB
3. Of the concerns (rightfully) expressed by CFB writers, low-probability death outcomes are at the bottom of the list

If you think these points are incorrect I'd love to hear how you think CFB writers should approach their jobs as they cover this issue. And if you think the media is somehow responsible for this mess I'd love to hear you admit yourself into an institution.

@Salt is that a forceful and cogent response?

EDIT: I see your follow-up post. Understand that writers are writing about cancelling the season because that's the intel they're hearing from sources (presidents, ADs, commissioners, etc.). If you want more context on that issue you can check my post history and see my only other post in the last however long.

Advertisement
Shut up and dribble, Goldilocks.

Nah, gotta feel bad for these kids as they obviously think things are on the precipice and hoping they they have a shot at changing things if they all just band together and speak out when the ship has probably already sailed.

wrong sport... more like shut up and fake that jet sweep and run up the middle, Goldilocks

Advertisement
Like Adam Taliaferro?
He got hurt on the field, that's obvious. You were born yesterday of you think any organization or company is paying for anything they don't have to. I can already see it now, "we don't know if he got covid while he was playing" Good luck kid, get well

Advertisement
Back