Trevor Lawrence making sense.

Advertisement
Good for him and the rest of the kids for speaking out. This whole cancel the season nonsense is just completely ridiculous for the reasons already mentioned in this thread. Just another way to keep the doom and gloom going leading into November.

Your right bro. I’m admitting people with sprained ankles to the icu and saying it’s covid. I’m lying 247. Our icu is full of people that just want to be there. Actually I think someone in administration is paying these people to come stay on oxygen for a few weeks away from their families. Actually that’s why we have no visitors so they can’t see all the Empty beds.

Ahh fck it I’ll confess. Im Part of the deep state. As a matter of fact everyone I work with is lying. We’re also paying off funeral homes and family members to say they all have covid. We’re actually killing homeless people and saying they died of corona.
2 birds one stone get money for covid and solve the homeless problem.

Your a fckng idiot. Mods give me points for insult.

I don’t know wtf ur doing besides spreading propaganda... no homeless ppl in my city are dying from covid19. Majority of the hospitals in this country are dealing with regular hospital cases not covid19 patients.

If you are a doctor or nurse at a hospital you are complicit in the deaths of those patients bc you all want to play politics instead of save lives. Regardless of that the fact is covid19 deaths have gone down as well as hospitalizations.

tenor - 2020-08-10T062943.024.gif

In before they lock thread

He makes great points. Unfortunately, the conferences failed the student athletes by not preparing a strong plan months ago.

This could have been prevented.
Flattening the curve to not overwhelm hospitals you could say worked as nobody who needed a bed or ventilator didn’t get one and NY the most dense city even got through it ala at enormous numbers. Those numbers are skewed as Cuomo put nursing home patients back in their facilities which increased there death toll at a disastrous rate. Hospitals and Doctors are more better prepared as well so I just don’t know what it’s gonna take beside a vaccine to appease some people. It’s a ****** situation but when science shows it’s not as harmful for younger healthy adults and death number isn’t all that high especially when you take our the 65+ crowd. It’s a tough spot but if kids want to play and the school can accommodate a safe environment then why wouldn’t they try and give it a go. Let the all the conferences make their own decisions. More tv slots and money for the other schools.

Advertisement
Lawrence did the biggest swerve of all time, getting all the “let’s play!” Crowd to back him, and then releases a tweet showing solidarity with the WeAreUnited group.

Legend. No way football is being played now lmao

Unfortunately, partisan posturing is so deeply ingrained in these journalists that they can't function outside of that worldview. There is a reason the public's trust in the media (per polls) has plunged during this pandemic. And it was already at record lows.

It goes for both sides, by the way. Clay Travis is no different than Dan Wolken. Two wings of the same bird.

Absolutely correct @DMoney ... its funny to see ESPN doing it themselves because cancelling the season will cost them hundreds of millions of dollars.

As for mainstream media sources, their hatred for trump is forcing them to drag the economy, sports, and everyone's mental health into a black hole. I hate trump as much as the next blue blood, but this over bearing response is not helping anyone or any facet of life. Measured and accurate responses for a problem without political influx is required.

Sports currently functioning fine:
Soccer, world-wide
MLB,
NBA,
NASCAR
Formula 1
Indycar

Why not NCAA D1 Football... all those other sports have waivers in place ( I have seen indy car's for example). This comes down the liability and lack of transparency and inclusion of the student athletes in the discussion.

Hey, college kids you have the leverage to get some of the things which you deserve... compensation, health care, insurance ( not a third party), revenue sharing, perhaps a seat at the table for decisions moving forward...

Don't be so thirsty to play while the dynamic stays the same for future student-athletes.

So the #1 and #2 pick who both has nothing/little else to prove are begging to play. Meanwhile our guy chickens out and signs with Drew hours later.
He exercised his right to make s choice. Personal choice. How is that wrong?

Advertisement
No season does not mean that the players go home or stay home. They are welcomed back on campus but just would play. Is this statement wrong?

He maybe right, but ask the St. Louis Cardinals Baseball team if they are safer. Better yet, ask the home team Miami Marlins if everything is "safe"

just saying.
Weak. It was clearly negligence on their part. Going to a strip club or night club partying with no mask. Try again!

Advertisement
Much like the oompa loompa in the White House failed our country months ago when he said this would magically disappear...guess he was thinking about his Lucky Charms cereal.

Lawrence makes great points and the Power 5 ADs should listen to what he is saying
Oompa loompa is your daddy....

Advertisement
He makes great points. Unfortunately, the conferences failed the student athletes by not preparing a strong plan months ago.

This could have been prevented.
Don’t you ever get tired of posting total bull****?

Name one school, today, that has an issue with Covid?

Teams are practicing and preparing. There will be no fans in the stands. Players are being monitored, isolating as much as possible and tested where necessary.

This is getting cancelled because these administrators are spineless cowards, nothing more.

If there was a magical plan that would have worked, what is it?

Unfortunately, partisan posturing is so deeply ingrained in these journalists that they can't function outside of that worldview. There is a reason the public's trust in the media (per polls) has plunged during this pandemic. And it was already at record lows.

It goes for both sides, by the way. Clay Travis is no different than Dan Wolken. Two wings of the same bird.
Clay Travis isn’t some ring wing nut, he a Dem. It just turns out he can read. The data refutes all these doom and gloom people

Advertisement
Back