Trevor Darling on rivals

Advertisement
If almost half the starting OL are true freshmen, then we're in trouble.

That would be news to me, here is the potential 2014 OL

T: Flowers
T: Felicano
G: Gall/Isadora
G: Bunche
C: McDemott

Others like Gadbois (3 years removed from HS), Wells (3 years removed from HS) and Odogwu (2 years removed from HS)

Darling is a grown man out there......Some of you guys are gonna see when he hits the field at Green tree...

i think he is a notch below Ereck Flowers as a player...and Flowers is a guy with top 3 round potential and grade right now.

Darling has a shot as a RT or Guard prospect......but kid will fight at that Tackle spot. He and big Mcdermott are bookends...with Gibbons being the "ATHLETE" of the bunch imo.

Darling is a grown man out there......Some of you guys are gonna see when he hits the field at Green tree...

i think he is a notch below Ereck Flowers as a player...and Flowers is a guy with top 3 round potential and grade right now.

Darling has a shot as a RT or Guard prospect......but kid will fight at that Tackle spot. He and big Mcdermott are bookends...with Gibbons being the "ATHLETE" of the bunch imo.

Always got the impression that Gibbons was the purest tackle of the three, then Kc, and Darling being the most versatile.

Advertisement
love this kid.. but why should this thread be 50 pages?

because a stud OL that we all love is coming to Miami and has been for months.

What do you want people to say?

"YAY"

just have "YAY" posts by all 400+ people on the recruiting board?

Advertisement
love this kid.. but why should this thread be 50 pages?

because a stud OL that we all love is coming to Miami and has been for months.

What do you want people to say?

"YAY"

just have "YAY" posts by all 400+ people on the recruiting board?

I remember when we could hardly recruit any decent OLs at all. We had starters well below 250 lbs when our opponents were close to 300. Heck, we started guys like Bobby Garcia at under 240 in 1989. Yeah, we pulled some big names like Claude Jones and Rudy Barber in the late 80's, but none became the kind of beasts we're stacking now.

We were competing for NCs with OLs that would be dwarfed by the kind of size and ability that we're recruiting now.

Him and kc as roommates... Don't any one try to steal cookies out of that room.

Could be the new right side of the line.

Could be?

I'd say one side of the line is set in stone starting their sophomore year.
I'm hoping we can afford to redshirt both and then have them both start the next 52 games.

628.gif

Advertisement
Darling Article from Schout:

TEN thoughts from the state championships - Part 8

Al Golden and Miami have put together a stellar recruiting class. Much of the fanfare has gone to running back Joseph Yearby (Miami Central) and defensive end Chad Thomas (Miami Booker T. Washington). And there’s nothing wrong with that, as these two players are five-star recruits and true potential difference makers.
But one guy that just keeps getting better and better is Trevor Darling (Miami Central) and yet no one seems to talk about him. Like the two mentioned above he’s headed to Coral Gables to play for the Hurricanes.

There’s so much to like about this massive 6-foot-5, 314-pound Darling. I first saw him at a Florida State summer camp two springs ago. It was his sophomore season and just after he made his early pledge to Miami. I remember thinking then that I was surprised the ‘Canes took him that early.

Looking back, I couldn’t be further wrong. Darling made huge strides as a junior and didn’t let off the gas pedal this season. Heck, you can make a strong case that he’s the best senior offensive tackle in Florida right now amongst his peers.

Case in point was his dominating performance in the state title game versus Seffner Armwood. He was matched up for a good portion of this game against highly rated junior Byron Cowart. Cowart is not your averaged defensive end. He’s already a four-star recruit and has offers galore from the likes of Florida, Florida State, Auburn, Alabama and a host of others.

I saw Cowart earlier this year against Tampa Hillsborough and he was as impressive as any prospect, regardless of position, that I saw all fall.

Then he faced Darling. Simply, Cowart didn’t even get on the stat sheet. He was credited with zero tackles. This is not an indictment on the 6-foot-3, 250-pound Cowart. On this day though, Darling and his Central offensive front were just that good.

Darling just stoned him for four quarters. This kid is that good and it shouldn’t go unnoticed. It didn’t with me and I firmly believe that Miami is getting a beast at tackle in this kid.

Darling is big, athletic and physical. He can move and bend and do all the things you want your tackle to do. Sure he has work to do. They all do.

Darling has really turned himself into quite the offensive lineman. He has a bright future for the Hurricanes and can be a cornerstone of their future offensive front. He joins the state’s top tackle prospect, K.C. McDermott (Wellington Palm Beach Central), on the Miami commit list as well as Reilly Gibbons (St. Petersburg Catholic) and guard/center Brandon Linder (Ft. Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas).

Source: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1358590.html

Case in point was his dominating performance in the state title game versus Seffner Armwood. He was matched up for a good portion of this game against highly rated junior Byron Cowart. Cowart is not your averaged defensive end. He’s already a four-star recruit and has offers galore from the likes of Florida, Florida State, Auburn, Alabama and a host of others.

I saw Cowart earlier this year against Tampa Hillsborough and he was as impressive as any prospect, regardless of position, that I saw all fall.

Then he faced Darling. Simply, Cowart didn’t even get on the stat sheet. He was credited with zero tackles. This is not an indictment on the 6-foot-3, 250-pound Cowart. On this day though, Darling and his Central offensive front were just that good.
663.gif

Advertisement
Our line will be handling fools for years to come. Outstanding recruiting there.

Runningbacks should be begging for an offer with the OLine we're bringing in. Yearby's gonna sit back and laugh at guys like Sony and Cook if they sign elsewhere.

Darling is going to blow up at the next level. He is already flexible with a big *** and natural power. Give him a couple years in a college strength and conditioning program and he will be abusing people.

Add to it all that he is just plain old nasty and plays ****ed off. In those camp videos last summer he was grabbing dudes around the neck and throwing them around...and this was in shorts and tshirts. No regard for human life, my favorite lineman I can ever remember us recruiting.

Advertisement
Back