TreVonte Citizen - Year One

Advertisement
My biggest fear with oos kids is when they get injured and being stuck in the loneliness of the rehab world. They get down and start getting home sick. This would be his second season missing a large portion of time. Sucks.
They need a strong sense of resiliency and a supportive network.

Something up dude too many injuries under this new staff
Interesting observation....

Do we have data that shows an above average injury rate?

How does Miami compare to other ACC schools?

Did Mario/Feld have a reputation of injury bugs at Oregon??

What was the setback? Posts talking about unlucky…well yeah, the initial injury was unlucky. No doubt about that. So any additional issues are certainly that as well.

But did he get an infection in the knee? Rushed the rehab and had to start back at the ground floor? Fell off a skateboard? Someone smashed into his leg with one of those rental scooters? Shark bite?

What was the setback? Posts talking about unlucky…well yeah, the initial injury was unlucky. No doubt about that. So any additional issues are certainly that as well.

But did he get an infection in the knee? Rushed the rehab and had to start back at the ground floor? Fell off a skateboard? Someone smashed into his leg with one of those rental scooters? Shark bite?
Aggravated the injury in a freak occurrence. Non football related.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That sucks to hear about Citizen.

Wish him well in his recovery, but I don't usually expect a lot out of any player after a serious knee injury. I'm hoping he ends up like Gore or McGaher, rather than other names we've seen never look the same. Gore is top of the freaks chart with his longevity post knee issue.

Do we have data that shows an above average injury rate?

Did Mario/Feld have a reputation of injury bugs at Oregon??

Yes we do...Go look at injury reports for CFB...We had to be in top 10% of CFB games missed during injuries last season. If off I'm not off by much.

His last year at Oregon they were pretty beat up. It seems like many are saying it was during his whole tenure. I have no idea on that part.

Aggravated the injury in a freak occurrence. Non football related.
Thx Cribby. Are you at liberty to elaborate on the injury and if the "freak occurance" will have an impact on his ability to play in 23 compared to what his timeline originally was? I was informed by a former UM coach that he was on schedule for Fall practice but this was a few months back...

Advertisement
Yes we do...Go look at injury reports for CFB...We had to be in top 10% of CFB games missed during injuries last season. If off I'm not off by much.

His last year at Oregon they were pretty beat up. It seems like many are saying it was during his whole tenure. I have no idea on that part.
We love ya baby...

but can you kinda see how it's a touch all over the place?

We have porsters who go on with "Big Manny/Moustache Man are the butchers of Greentree", but haven't yet shown a comparison to other programs.

Those two may very well be adherents to the Ren and Stimpy School of Medicine, but I've not seen anything that indicates injuries are aboce a reasonable norm/bad luck.

Doesn't make me right of course, just want to see the proof in the pudding.

Thx Cribby. Are you at liberty to elaborate on the injury and if the "freak occurance" will have an impact on his ability to play in 23 compared to what his timeline originally was? I was informed by a former UM coach that he was on schedule for Fall practice but this was a few months back...
Imo he would’ve been on pace to play to start the season or early in the year if not for the setback

We love ya baby...

but can you kinda see how it's a touch all over the place?

We have porsters who go on with "Big Manny/Moustache Man are the butchers of Greentree", but haven't yet shown a comparison to other programs.

Those two may very well be adherents to the Ren and Stimpy School of Medicine, but I've not seen anything that indicates injuries are aboce a reasonable norm/bad luck.

Correct it may indeed have been a bad luck year... There is also the possibility that with a disgruntled locker room guys weren't going out of their way to play hurt

But as far as a comparison to other programs, I handicap a lot of college football and look at injury reports for 130 teams, ours was nasty...No I don't have a concrete number for you, but I'm sure a lot of preseason literature will have some numbers for you. I mean just think of last year's two deep...No at this time I don't have exact numbers. But yes it was bad.

Correct it may indeed have been a bad luck year... There is also the possibility that with a disgruntled locker room guys weren't going out of their way to play hurt

But as far as a comparison to other programs, I handicap a lot of college football and look at injury reports for 130 teams, ours was nasty...No I don't have a concrete number for you, but I'm sure a lot of preseason literature will have some numbers for you. I mean just think of last year's two deep...No at this time I don't have exact numbers. But yes it was bad.

So you’re basically just guessing. If you don’t have a number, backed by comparative statistics, it’s all bull****.

And then you have to have establish correlation based on verifiable statistical significance. It’s called science.

Advertisement
So you’re basically just guessing. If you don’t have a number, backed by comparative statistics, it’s all bull****.
No I'm not guessing

Did we have a brutal injury year or not? You tell me lol...This is common sense and simply following some cfb
I already told op that yes it could have been just bad luck (obviously we are all hoping that)

I mean go through and do the counting yourself and then you do the comparative. Or you can just agree with the obvious.

I can work with this...

Could you give a comparison to another team that really caught your eye as a big difference?

No I'm not guessing

Did we have a brutal injury year or not? You tell me lol...This is common sense and simply following some cfb
I already told op that yes it could have been just bad luck (obviously we are all hoping that)

I mean go through and do the counting yourself and then you do the comparative. Or you can just agree with the obvious.

Yeah you’re just guessing. You can’t even back it up.

Did we have a injuries? Of course we did. That’s part of the game. But you have to come with more than your own personal opinion to say that it is our coaching/training that’s causing the injuries. To do otherwise is just dumb.

Clearly, you don’t understand the concept of proof, or science and statistics.

Advertisement
I can work with this...

Could you give a comparison to another team that really caught your eye as a big difference?

How about most of the teams in America lol?

I don't understand why any of this is necessary...Do you agree UM had a bad injury year last year? Or are you even disagreeing that point (even if you aren't saying it was Cristobal's/Feld's fault?, which I have already agreed with you that I would need to see more evidence.)

I mean:
Starting QB 3.5
2 RB out for season...Another missed 2 and played hurt (compounded by early season suspension of another)
#2 TE missed last 8 and out for season
2 of top 3 WR miss 5 games each with some overlap
Best OL and draft able played what? 30-40 snaps total over 2 games
On off the other two best OL that did play (Rivers) missed 3
Clark missed couple gmaes
Some backup OL injuries couple games I believe Sapolu/Dennis, etc (yes I know these guys are probably career backups)
JHH 3 games
Mesidor, Williams, and Stevenson 1 each (two best defensive players and another productive kid missed a game and parts of others)
Steed/C.Smith played what? 4-5 games each? (and no I'm not defending the quality/talent of any of some of these Jags)
E.Roberts was in the rotation and then missed 4 or 5?

So yeah when you factor in QB and the out for years It was definitely a rough injury year...I don't have a dog in fight whether it's a pattern with Cristobal just yet. And alsoPick a team? Ehh...I'd say there were a few worse? Sure...But how many ehhh 10? Maybe 15? And another 10-20 comparable. My original estimate of starters/impact players missing time includes guys out for year obviously

Last edited:
Injury discussions:

Poster 1: "UM has way above average injury numbers, something is up"
Poster 2: "Really? I would like to read more, do you have a link?"
Poster 1: "No, but I swear its true"

I don't think Miami has more or less injuries than the average team. The issue is we are always 2-3 specific injuries away from a complete collapse because we have no depth.

Ohio State was without their #1 RB (and #2), #1 CB (and #2) and #1 WR (and #2) for extended periods, critical moments (Harrison against UGA) or the entire year, among many other injuries. But with the talent they stack it doesn't make much difference.

But I would love to see a weekly injury report comparison for 2022 including a sampling of five top programs to UMs results @skeeter

And then a comparison to Mario's time at Oregon (since the real underlying contention with this topic is that Mario's teams are more injured than the average, despite posters pivoting).

Did we have some catastrophic injuries last year? Yes. Is it systemic or even a real issue? TBD.

Injury discussions:

Poster 1: "UM has way above average injury numbers, something is up"
Poster 2: "Really? I would like to read more, do you have a link?"
Poster 1: "No, but I swear its true"

I don't think Miami has more or less injuries than the average team. The issue is we are always 2-3 specific injuries away from a complete collapse because we have no depth.

Ohio State was without their #1 RB (and #2), #1 CB (and #2) and #1 WR (and #2) for extended periods or the entire year, among many other injuries. But with the talent they stack it doesn't make much difference.

But I would love to see a weekly injury report comparison for 2022 including a sampling of five top programs to UMs results @skeeter

And then a comparison to Mario's time at Oregon (since the real underlying contention with this topic is that Mario's teams are more injured than the average, despite posters pivoting).

Did we have some catastrophic injuries last year? Yes. Is it systemic or even a real issue? TBD.

I agree with everything you said except that Miami didn't have more than the average team...They did.

A link to what lol...You can link yourself to any list of team stats?

Advertisement
Back