Trevonte Citizen injury considered serious [Sep 23 - *may* return this year]

S good Frank was everybody thag play with him including himself admit was better before tear both knees. Kno he haven’t been in the Hall yet but 3rd all time leading rusher think bro will make it. Citizen been getting alot of praise for his running ability now this bs happen. Aka Frank G all over again. So what’s the haps ?

Gore had 2 ACL tears. If it is an ACL, maybe Chaney is a better example.

Advertisement
Man Relly that first line. I don’t know if it was purposeful but you spittin bars with that first section.

Hammies & knees with wide receivers and RB’s (pronounced “R” “Bees”) don’t give me the fuzzies.

200.gif

Man, I stay ghost writing for ya’ll favorite rapper’s favorite rappers. Lol

He suffered what was described as a “significant“ injury Saturday night. What that actually means remains to be seen. Coach Cristobal mentioned that he’s going to be further evaluated and at the appropriate time more details could be released.

On a personal note this is just really sad news, like a punch in the stomach. The best wishes to him and his family and for his speedy and full recovery
Terrible news to hear , but on the bright side he is a true freshman and have no doubt that he will bounce back redshirt and rehab.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario's quote means nothing. He says Citizen's injury is "more significant" than Horton who will be back in 3-4 days. So it could means he's out 2 weeks, or the season. Good luck with the tea leaves. That's why mods are deleting, cause no one knows.
One thing I do know, the knee doctors / surgeons here at the U are ELITE none better in the world PERIOD.

The U has the best interest of all these kids at heart .

Citizens care is in the finest hands , I await there finds and rehabilitation plans.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not expecting good news here.

First of all, best of luck to TreVonte' on a successful surgery and rehab. I feel terrible for him, these are never fun no matter when they happen, but for it to be in camp before your freshman year in a time where you're really eager to show the world what you can do, it's really ******. But, if everything goes smoothly, he should be 100.0% by next fall camp. If this HAS to happen, it's better now than in October or November. I expect him to be a full-go when we open camp in 2023. Absolute best of luck to him, and come back even stronger.

As far as the team, it's pretty rare to not have a single season-ending injury in camp. Seems like everyone has this happen to at least 1 kid in summer or camp. Let's just hope this is our "one" and get through the rest of camp healthy. Now would be a REALLY good time for Don Chaney to remind people he's actually very good at football. If Chaney can be the borderline 5-star talent he was expected to be, this shouldn't cripple the team overall. Even though I think a lot of folks had their eyes on Citizen stealing this job by mid-season, this was always going to be a pretty rotation heavy backfield. We still have excellent versatility there, and 4 kids who should be able to get the job done. I don't think this hurts the outlook of the season very much, but again, it's imperative that Chaney become what he's capable of. If he does, it lessens the impact of this injury significantly and everyone can still have a role. But I still expect Chaney and Parrish to split the traditional RB work, Thad to have some sort of short-yardage role at a minimum, and Rooster to be used very heavily in the passing game. These 4 can still get it done and then some, but it's time to come correct and show everyone why you're here.

First of all, best of luck to TreVonte' on a successful surgery and rehab. I feel terrible for him, these are never fun no matter when they happen, but for it to be in camp before your freshman year in a time where you're really eager to show the world what you can do, it's really ******. But, if everything goes smoothly, he should be 100.0% by next fall camp. If this HAS to happen, it's better now than in October or November. I expect him to be a full-go when we open camp in 2023. Absolute best of luck to him, and come back even stronger.

As far as the team, it's pretty rare to not have a single season-ending injury in camp. Seems like everyone has this happen to at least 1 kid in summer or camp. Let's just hope this is our "one" and get through the rest of camp healthy. Now would be a REALLY good time for Don Chaney to remind people he's actually very good at football. If Chaney can be the borderline 5-star talent he was expected to be, this shouldn't cripple the team overall. Even though I think a lot of folks had their eyes on Citizen stealing this job by mid-season, this was always going to be a pretty rotation heavy backfield. We still have excellent versatility there, and 4 kids who should be able to get the job done. I don't think this hurts the outlook of the season very much, but again, it's imperative that Chaney become what he's capable of. If he does, it lessens the impact of this injury significantly and everyone can still have a role. But I still expect Chaney and Parrish to split the traditional RB work, Thad to have some sort of short-yardage role at a minimum, and Rooster to be used very heavily in the passing game. These 4 can still get it done and then some, but it's time to come correct and show everyone why you're here.
I could not have said this better. Most importantly let's hope for a full recovery for TC.

As for our team, this was one of the deepest position groups we have. Back in 2001 we had Portis, McGahee, Gore, and Payton not to mention Davenport. We saw how that unfolded when players got nicked up or moved onto the league. Next man up!

This should give Chaney and Franklin a bigger opportunity to compete for those extra carries. If Chaney is 100% this is his moment to shine.

Franklin is our biggest back and needs to take full advantage of it. Can't wait to see how this competition plays out.

There are literally hundreds of starting running backs in the NCAA. Your named a handful of pros. Try again.

50% of this year's starting NFL RB's led their team in rushing as a True Freshman

So you saying "even with great backs, getting tons of playing time in their first year is extremely uncommon" is false. It actually happens all the time.

Seems strange to argue otherwise

Last edited:
50% of this year's starting NFL RB's led their team in rushing as a Freshman

So you saying "even with great backs, getting tons of playing time in their first year is extremely uncommon" is false. It actually happens all the time

Seems strange to argue otherwise

Is that stat for just true freshman or is it all (including redshirt)?

Advertisement
Back