Treon Harris

Not trying to be funny but both us and UF has shown an extreme level of fanfare for their already committed qbs... FSU may be the best option... The offered him first and outside of physical appearance Consentino isn't better than Treon... However, DeAndre Johnson is a stud and he's committed for 2015 but I think Treon would walk in be number 2 especially since Coker transferred...

Advertisement
Not even flaming, but do you honestly believe they've learned their lesson or is more of a "I hope like h*ll they've learned their lesson"? Count me among those who say seeing is believing (and not just one or two plays).

Well, with the new style offense we're running next season, I can see why he's interested in us

Did it get confirmed we would run a more mobile QB friendly zone read style spread?

Yes. We are running more pistol and will run some read option here and there now.

I think the staff leanred their lesson with Stephen Morris stupid ***. Once defenses took away the deep ball from this offense we were helpless

Serious question.

Do we want this kid or this a PR nightmare waiting to happen? I can see him just not beating out the other QBs and his pops raising **** about it. If he was down to take on another position I would sign him up but with Olsen and Kaaya in front of him I think his chances or winning a starting spot are slim and the chances of his pops having weekly media sessions complaining to be a high. If we did take him, I would want to hire his dad in some capacity for recruiting and damage control and i am serious about that.

Perhaps that is why we are hearing all these rumors of Ice getting his old gig (or something similar) back...

Golden know this guy is going to be a huge thorn in his side. The moment the kid loses in a competition, all **** is gonna break loose and it's going to kill us in recruiting going forward. Get him on the staff, give him a nice salary, get him to shut Luke and Genron up, and move his kid to CB without incident.

"“I personally don’t see how they can do a better job recruiting South Florida than they already are,” said Merritt, who had U.S. All-American safety Deon Bush sign with UM two years ago. “You’re talking about the most recruited, talent-rich area in the country. There’s no way you’re going to get them all.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/#storylink=cpy

Take that for what it's worth...

Advertisement
"“I personally don’t see how they can do a better job recruiting South Florida than they already are,” said Merritt, who had U.S. All-American safety Deon Bush sign with UM two years ago. “You’re talking about the most recruited, talent-rich area in the country. There’s no way you’re going to get them all.”

Oh we get recruits from South Florida. There's no denying that. But we're losing out on the big fish that hail from our pond.

Oh we get recruits from South Florida. There's no denying that. But we're losing out on the big fish that hail from our pond.

Aside from a few Duke's and Deon's, South Florida recruiting is a business and right now we are selling an inferior product on the field. Until that changes, recruiting will remain the same. We will get some big guns but many others will find the best situation for them to end up in the NFL. We knew these days were coming, when we couldnt rest on our NFL laurels. We havent been relevant in the draft in years and its catching up with us.

Well, with the new style offense we're running next season, I can see why he's interested in us

Did it get confirmed we would run a more mobile QB friendly zone read style spread?

Yes. We are running more pistol and will run some read option here and there now.

I think the staff leanred their lesson with Stephen Morris stupid ***. Once defenses took away the deep ball from this offense we were helpless

The only reason we were "helpless" when the defenses took away our long ball is because Morris couldn't/wouldn't throw the short and intermediate routes.

Advertisement
Florida would be a **** poor decision for Treon. We know this. Especially with Grier. I would love to have this kid and give him his shot at QB. He has earned it by balling out for BTW. Maybe he's the next Teddy Bridgewater. If he's not, he'll be useful at another position. And with his pops? win-win.

Florida would actually be a good fit for him, and I'm taking off the homer glasses.

Roper runs a hurry-up spread offense which fits Treon. And the first call he made after being hired was to Treon. I mean he visited dude a few days after being on the job. People are mentioning Grier but he isn't Roper's chosen QB. **** Roper didn't offer Grier at Duke either and Grier played right up the road from there.

The fact that Roper is so high on him bodes well for his chances at UF because he clearly ain't all that impressed with Grier.

Florida would be a **** poor decision for Treon. We know this. Especially with Grier. I would love to have this kid and give him his shot at QB. He has earned it by balling out for BTW. Maybe he's the next Teddy Bridgewater. If he's not, he'll be useful at another position. And with his pops? win-win.

Florida would actually be a good fit for him, and I'm taking off the homer glasses.

Roper runs a hurry-up spread offense which fits Treon. And the first call he made after being hired was to Treon. I mean he visited dude a few days after being on the job. People are mentioning Grier but he isn't Roper's chosen QB. **** Roper didn't offer Grier at Duke either and Grier played right up the road from there.

The fact that Roper is so high on him bodes well for his chances at UF because he clearly ain't all that impressed with Grier.

it seems like a similar situation to miami. grier and kaaya being the pro set guys and treon needs to decide where he will get a fair shake. the trouble with florida is there is a chance the entire coaching staff could be gone..i think that is one of the reasons its a bad decision for him.

it seems like a similar situation to miami. grier and kaaya being the pro set guys and treon needs to decide where he will get a fair shake. the trouble with florida is there is a chance the entire coaching staff could be gone..i think that is one of the reasons its a bad decision for him.

Yep that is true. And if the coach gets replaced there's a chance someone may come in who runs an offense not suited to him. Guess that's a risk they have to weigh.

Sure, but you can play those odds if you're Treon. Most college coaches are leaning to the read option offense, anyhow. So, the odds that a new coach will move to a pro style offense is unlikely.

Advertisement
I know all the "insiders" come out this time of year but I thought I'd share with you some info. I just go off the phone with a very well connected Cane donor. He is friends with one of our coaches(He wouldn't tell me who). Anyway, the coach told him that Treon Harris is coming to the U. Just sharing what he told me.

I know all the "insiders" come out this time of year but I thought I'd share with you some info. I just go off the phone with a very well connected Cane donor. He is friends with one of our coaches(He wouldn't tell me who). Anyway, the coach told him that Treon Harris is coming to the U. Just sharing what he told me.

i am hoping you are bernie kosar and therfore you really do have good connections. landin this kid will be nice boost to our haul.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just a big Bernie fan since he brought us our first championship. We shall see if it's true.

SFHS Sports ‏@SFHSSports · 8m
*Treon Harris Update* - Don't count out AUBURN along with UF IF he decides to flip; will inform FSU staff 2night if he will stay or decommit

SFHS Sports ‏@SFHSSports · 1m
*TREON HARRIS UPDTE PART II: Miami in it still, but feeling is still have some work to do

Looks like we're running 4th.

Last edited:
Just a big Barney Kosar fan

79.jpg

SFHS Sports ‏@SFHSSports · 1m
*TREON HARRIS UPDTE PART II: Miami in it still, but feeling is still have some work to do

We're not getting Treon.

C'mon now, and I'm not saying we get him but that tweet is ridiculous. We still in it but have some work to do? We have less than 24 hrs, at this point not much anybody else can do.

Advertisement
Back