Trent Harris listed as starter, AQM/Chad are backups...

For me, at least, I know he got all those sacks in HS but he was completely underwhelming last year - showing virtually nothing that would make you think he would be an impact guy this year.

That said, he needs another year to develop. I don't expect much from him at all this year. Needs to get stronger and better before he can make an impact.

Advertisement
For me, at least, I know he got all those sacks in HS but he was completely underwhelming last year - showing virtually nothing that would make you think he would be an impact guy this year.

That said, he needs another year to develop. I don't expect much from him at all this year. Needs to get stronger and better before he can make an impact.

He was an undersized true freshman playing limited minutes last year. He came in around 225. He's now 250, stronger, more experienced, by all accounts has a great grasp of the defense and has been one of the leaders on the line during the offseason.

Last edited:
**** like this is why he loses the locker room and divides the locker room. Players lose trust that these ***** know what they are doing.

Well...here is hoping he turns into the first elite pass rusher in Al Goldens and Donofrios entire coaching career.

Advertisement
**** like this is why he loses the locker room and divides the locker room. Players lose trust that these ****s know what they are doing.

So what is the point of having open competition if we should just start the player that was the highest rated recruit? You don't think the players would notice that and quit on the coach? Should Tracey Howard started before Gunter last season?

**** like this is why he loses the locker room and divides the locker room. Players lose trust that these ****s know what they are doing.

So what is the point of having open competition if we should just start the player that was the highest rated recruit? You don't think the players would notice that and quit on the coach? Should Tracey Howard started before Gunter last season?

IMO I think people don't have an issue with the competition but rather what the competition is being judged on and the ones judging the competition.

IMO I think people don't have an issue with the competition but rather what the competition is being judged on and the ones judging the competition.

That's fine, but we don't know what the competition is judge on. Plus, if Tracey Howard was better that Gunter wouldn't someone had notice, and said something to the media.

Finally, how many games did we lose because of our depth chart. Most, if not all, were lost because of sorry *** coaching. The issue is really four players. Sunny, Harris, Crawford and Kamala. Crawford was going to be a starter because he was name a team captain, and most think that Thomas, AQM, and McDermott should start because they were big time recruits.

That's fine, but we don't know what the competition is judge on. Plus, if Tracey Howard was better that Gunter wouldn't someone had notice, and said something to the media.

Finally, how many games did we lose because of our depth chart. Most, if not all, were lost because of sorry *** coaching. The issue is really four players. Sunny, Harris, Crawford and Kamala. Crawford was going to be a starter because he was name a team captain, and most think that Thomas, AQM, and McDermott should start because they were big time recruits.

Golden and Donifrio have never in there entire coaching careers have had DE put up elite sack numbers.
I don't think that's a focal point they look at from that position.

Advertisement

Golden and Donifrio have never in there entire coaching careers have had DE put up elite sack numbers.
I don't think that's a focal point they look at from that position.

Hey guysm, our front 3 has 3 DTs - we're going to get big time pressure there, guysm

Guys listen, I despise Golden just as much or more that anyone else here. Having said that, we all know that the preseason depth charts that he puts out are bunk. Also the defense is listed in a 3-4 base format and you guys are looking at the 3 man DL saying how those guys can't get to the QB. The pressure is supposed to come from the OLBs in that front. Don't get it wrong. I'm not defending this imbecile. Chad Thomas at SDE in a 3-4 defense is a complete joke. That's Golden for you though. He doesn't have the slightest clue how to use the great talent he gets. I'm convinced that this toolbag would have turned a guy like Jadeveon Clowney into a glorified fire hydrant.

Another thing is that for the past few years we have been playing that hybrid front defense with 2 gap techniques yet the depth charts were always listed in a 4-3 format. I find it funny that after hearing all off season that we were going to a more 1 gap more aggressive defense that Golden puts out the defensive depth chart in 3-4 format. I think Golden knows this is his last year and he is going to take as many parting shots as possible. From ghey photo shoots to fake depth charts designed to **** off the fan base. He knows how much he is hated and he is going to keep sticking his middle finger out at us for the remainder of his stay.

Hey guysm, our front 3 has 3 DTs - we're going to get big time pressure there, guysm

Guys listen, I despise Golden just as much or more that anyone else here. Having said that, we all know that the preseason depth charts that he puts out are bunk. Also the defense is listed in a 3-4 base format and you guys are looking at the 3 man DL saying how those guys can't get to the QB. The pressure is supposed to come from the OLBs in that front. Don't get it wrong. I'm not defending this imbecile. Chad Thomas at SDE in a 3-4 defense is a complete joke. That's Golden for you though. He doesn't have the slightest clue how to use the great talent he gets. I'm convinced that this toolbag would have turned a guy like Jadeveon Clowney into a glorified firehydrant.

Alabama views the 6-foot-5, 230-pound Thomas, the second-ranked weak-side defensive end prospect in the nation according to Rivals, as a Jack linebacker.

"Coach Saban talked to me about the program," Thomas told Rivals. "They showed me some film of how I would be used at the Jack linebacker position. I liked it. It was nice."

Advertisement
As long as the starters fit his scheme, haha. I still remember when that DT got reprimanded for shooting the gap and making a play.

Luther Robinson. Yep. And now he plays for the Packers and will be an NFL starter by mid season

Incorrect. Luther Robinson just got cut today by the Chargers.

Accuracy is not a requirement for posting on a blog.

Somewhere someone is thinking that Golden is at fault when former Canes get cut from NFL teams.

what the depth chart really looks like

Harris
- Jackson - AQM - Patchan

Jenkins - Moten - McIntosh - Fines

Heurtelou - Norton - Wyche - Moore

Kamalu - Thomas - Hamilton - Willis

Owens - McCord - Gordinier - Smith

Kirby - McCray - Young

Grace - Gayot - Perry - King

Howard - Elder - Jackson - Mayes

Bush - Carter - Johnson

Crawford - Jenkins - Knowles

Burns - Redwine - Henley

the players in bold all arrived here in the last two years.

what have we done?

Last edited:

Guys listen, I despise Golden just as much or more that anyone else here. Having said that, we all know that the preseason depth charts that he puts out are bunk. Also the defense is listed in a 3-4 base format and you guys are looking at the 3 man DL saying how those guys can't get to the QB. The pressure is supposed to come from the OLBs in that front. Don't get it wrong. I'm not defending this imbecile. Chad Thomas at SDE in a 3-4 defense is a complete joke. That's Golden for you though. He doesn't have the slightest clue how to use the great talent he gets. I'm convinced that this toolbag would have turned a guy like Jadeveon Clowney into a glorified fire hydrant.

Another thing is that for the past few years we have been playing that hybrid front defense with 2 gap techniques yet the depth charts were always listed in a 4-3 format. I find it funny that after hearing all off season that we were going to a more 1 gap more aggressive defense that Golden puts out the defensive depth chart in 3-4 format. I think Golden knows this is his last year and he is going to take as many parting shots as possible. From ghey photo shoots to fake depth charts designed to **** off the fan base. He knows how much he is hated and he is going to keep sticking his middle finger out at us for the remainder of his stay.

But that's the thing is that Golden actually fielded 3 slow footed DTs as our front 3 on MANY occassions last year and sometimes on obvious passing downs. It was really painful to watch - one guy playing patty cake and the other 2 guys woefully incapable of mustering a pass rush.

Advertisement
All you need to know about Trent Harris, and what our coaches are looking for from our coal-shoveling players:

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 3m3 minutes ago
UM DC Mark D'Onofrio on rush end Trent Harris: "what he's good at is doing his job." https://instagram.com/p/7GAJSpqCHk/
0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet Favorite
More

jbhaUfD.jpg

He's clearly bought into gaining weight too..

ZUaB7SP.jpg

Maybe Golden and D'onofrio are worried about the wellbeing of opposing QBs...or just prefer people that are fat like them...

This says all you need to know right here and it's why this thread was created...

[TWEET]638755831887044608[/TWEET]

Egregious misuse/underutilization of talent has been a hallmark of the Golden era/error. It's never going to stop until these ******** are s***canned.

Advertisement
Back