Trent Harris listed as starter, AQM/Chad are backups...

Spread era of football. Al Golden, let's start 3 300lb on the DL.

Dying at that DL, not a single guy who can get to the QB.

**** is so bad I almost feel like he is trolling.

Have you looked at Bamas or FSUs depth chart? 300 pound average on the DL. Lots of teams line up like this...

DE Allen, Jonathan
Nt Reed, Jarran
DE Robinson, A'Shawn

DE Walker
DT Sample
NG Nnadi

What they do on third and long is different...

like, this...

View attachment 31519

FSU was not very good last year. had some second half surges but i would not use them as an example of a great defense we should model ours after. and bama's defense struggles with spread offenses and has since gone to having more speed on the field.

Advertisement
Not worried about the depth chart at the end of August. It'll change multiple times and doesn't matter after the first snap . . . but why would you have Mark Walton or any other RB returning kicks? You have zero depth at the position as it is.

Have you looked at Bamas or FSUs depth chart? 300 pound average on the DL. Lots of teams line up like this...

DE Allen, Jonathan
Nt Reed, Jarran
DE Robinson, A'Shawn

DE Walker
DT Sample
NG Nnadi

like, this...

View attachment 31519

FSU was not very good last year. had some second half surges but i would not use them as an example of a great defense we should model ours after. and bama's defense struggles with spread offenses and has since gone to having more speed on the field.

Yeah fsu was bad last year, but they beat Auburn (spread uptempo team) with 3 300 pounders on the DL and a buck LB., and they beat Clemson twice too (Spread uptempo) with the same defensive scheme...

Not saying Golden knows what he is doing, but teams do line up like this.

UF did it too. Jonathan Bullard is a De/DT at 280ish. They slide him inside on 3rd down and bring out a DB.

It's not like Golden created the scheme or something.

Bamas "struggles" against spread teams are a bit exaggerated. Other than Oklahoma in the Sugar bowl...They lost to human highlight reels like Manziel and Cam, lost a game to AU on a freak play, and got beat by a better OSU team.

Last edited:
**** chad thomas was such a beast coming coming out of hs too

this guy is gonna go down as one of golden's biggest frick ups yet along with chick

but hey hopefully by next yr when big *** al is gone chad thomas and gerald willis will be starting and working their asses off trying to get first round grades and go out as winners under the new coach

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is another reason guys quit on Golden. These aren't mind games, it's stupidity.

Laughing that anyone thought Golden would get more aggressive with his front 7, then starts 3 DTs and our most explosive DL buried on the bench

DE Allen, Jonathan
Nt Reed, Jarran
DE Robinson, A'Shawn

DE Walker
DT Sample
NG Nnadi

like, this...

View attachment 31519

Yeah fsu was bad last year, but they beat Auburn (spread uptempo team) with 3 300 pounders on the DL and a buck LB., and they beat Clemson twice too (Spread uptempo) with the same defensive scheme...

Not saying Golden knows what he is doing, but teams do line up like this.

UF did it too. Jonathan Bullard is a De/DT at 280ish. They slide him inside on 3rd down and bring out a DB.

It's not like Golden created the scheme or something.

Bamas "struggles" against spread teams are a bit exaggerated. Other than Oklahoma in the Sugar bowl...They lost to human highlight reels like Manziel and Cam, lost a game to AU on a freak play, and got beat by a better OSU team.

it's not exaggerated. they struggled with those teams and those are pretty much the only spread teams they played. you forgot to mention WVU, Urban Meyer coached teams and even a cam newtonless auburn. i'm probably missing a few more. they look great against Arkansas, LSU, UF, and other teams that primarily are run heavy. anyone who follows the SEC and trust me I'm married to it notices that there defense has struggled more and changed a lot following the introduction of more spread formation teams. do you really believe have the donta hightowers and courtney upshaws of this world covering quick spread formations is smart? and FSU winning against auburn yet getting gashed all game isn't a good example of FSU's heavy front being effective

Not worried about the depth chart at the end of August. It'll change multiple times and doesn't matter after the first snap . . . but why would you have Mark Walton or any other RB returning kicks? You have zero depth at the position as it is.

You're right but to be honest, I think it's lack of a better alternative. The ONLY guy that I think you can argue for is Elder. He is a natural athlete and football player and was very solid in the very minimal amount of returns he's had. Outside of him, who are you going to field? Burns? He's a disaster.

Advertisement

DE Allen, Jonathan
Nt Reed, Jarran
DE Robinson, A'Shawn

DE Walker
DT Sample
NG Nnadi

like, this...

View attachment 31519

The problem with this package is that we seemingly only save it for obvious passing downs.

On other downs, we field 3 DTs in our front 3 with 2 of them playing patty cake from a frog stance. None of them can rush the passer and all of them are horribly slow. End result? A scheme that is doomed to fail.

i see lots of D1 football coaches here. i'm sure you have better experience and skill in evaluating players that you watch youtube practice clips of.

Worst part about these threads is that dudes like Demetrius Jackson and Trent Harris get trashed in it.

Them dudes ain't washed man. People were HYPE about getting Demetrius and keeping him away from Arkansas. Everybody was raving about his potential as a defensive linemen and he SHOWED OUT on the very same defensive line that Chad Thomas was on in high school. I'm hoping this says more about what Demetrius did during his redshirt freshman season to put on weight and get better.

Ufomba Kamalu is another dude that ain't washed. That dude played some of the best ball on the defensive line last year. He's a redshirt senior and will only be helped by a dude like Chad behind him being able to come in for every other series and spell him.

ALL of these dudes are gonna play man and for all intents and purposes, there's two more scrimmages for the defense to sort itself out on the field. The cream will rise against Bethune and FAU. Trippin over depth charts right now is dumb.

Washed? What the **** are you talking about? You post like you are Gluten's personal ***** supplier

Worst part about these threads is that dudes like Demetrius Jackson and Trent Harris get trashed in it.

Them dudes ain't washed man. People were HYPE about getting Demetrius and keeping him away from Arkansas. Everybody was raving about his potential as a defensive linemen and he SHOWED OUT on the very same defensive line that Chad Thomas was on in high school. I'm hoping this says more about what Demetrius did during his redshirt freshman season to put on weight and get better.

Ufomba Kamalu is another dude that ain't washed. That dude played some of the best ball on the defensive line last year. He's a redshirt senior and will only be helped by a dude like Chad behind him being able to come in for every other series and spell him.

ALL of these dudes are gonna play man and for all intents and purposes, there's two more scrimmages for the defense to sort itself out on the field. The cream will rise against Bethune and FAU. Trippin over depth charts right now is dumb.

Washed? What the **** are you talking about? You post like you are Gluten's personal ***** supplier

Aight

Advertisement
**** chad thomas was such a beast coming coming out of hs too

this guy is gonna go down as one of golden's biggest frick ups yet along with chick

but hey hopefully by next yr when big *** al is gone chad thomas and gerald willis will be starting and working their asses off trying to get first round grades and go out as winners under the new coach

The only reason Chad Thomas is not listed first on the depth chart is because he isn't going to play only one position. I guarantee he will be getting a TON of playing time, but he will be moved along the line and play at different positions throughout the game.

Advertisement

First off, I don't think anyone has had a negative word to say about Demetrius Jackson. You're just pulling s*** out of thin air by claiming he's getting trashed in this thread. Certainly hasn't been anybody suggesting he's "washed," as you put it. Many, myself included, want him and the other athletic edge rushers like AQM and McCord playing more snaps and specifically wreaking havoc off the edge.

This staff has never prioritized generating a pass rush, as evidenced by the paltry sack totals ever since they arrived despite having access to explosive edge rushers. That's the concern with Harris being listed as a starter over AQM/Jackson/McCord. Harris is starting while AQM is listed as a third stringer and is inexplicably serving as the scout team QB for the season opener. It's possibly foreshadowing yet another extremely talented player being egregiously underutilized under Golden.

Thing is people are saying this like Trent Harris a scrub or something. In his junior and senior year he had 25 sacks and was known for being very good for a pass rusher. He isn't a slouch... 4star prospect. Both will play a lot so it doesn't matter to be honest

Last edited:
Thing is people are saying this like Trent Harris a scrub or something. In his junior and senior year he had 25 sacks and was known had a very good for pass rusher. He isn't a slouch... 4star prospect. Both will play a lot so it doesn't matter to be honest

Exactly. They act as if he's some nobody...but I bet if he chose another school over us, such as Alabama, who offered him, he'd be the greatest player ever and one we "missed" in recruiting. Bottom line is he's the starter in that one position because he's consistent, solid, talented, and knows the defense. Chad is going to be moved across the line throughout the game, not kept in one position, so he's not listed as a starter. I wouldn't be surprised if Chad got as many or more snaps than Trent does throughout the season...but they want to whine about the label "starter."

Advertisement
Back