Trayone Gray Senior Highlights

Advertisement
I don't understand, why would Golden offer and accept his commitment if he knew his grades were that bad?

Is this kid's issues with grades, test score or both?

Is he a prep school for a semester type of kid or is he a 1/2 year juco type?

I don't understand, why would Golden offer and accept his commitment if he knew his grades were that bad?

Sticking with this kid knowing he will never make it is fine with me. He isn't really eating up a spot and Golden riding with him til the bitter end is relationship building. He might come right back to us after JUCO and it also gives us solid cred in the SoFla community.

Advertisement
so he doesnt have grades or test scores? i never could understand why they let athletes play with a 2.0 you cant go to college with that

ref Trayone:

Jeremy Crabtree ESPN ‏@jeremycrabtree 2m
Coach Hill said he's taking test this weekend for the first time. His GPA is improving but test key. #JCRoadTrip

He could win a Hesiman in the Auburn or Oregon system.

If he goes to JUCO, he will reamerge as a top QB prospect and end up somewhere else.

Advertisement
We have to lead the country in fans who like to talk about how great recruits would look playing elsewhere.

Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1696598 said:

Sticking with this kid knowing he will never make it is fine with me. He isn't really eating up a spot and Golden riding with him til the bitter end is relationship building. He might come right back to us after JUCO and it also gives us solid cred in the SoFla community.

Alll this.

In those situations, I can't find a reason to not accept the kid's commitment as long as the staff can plan for the slim chance a kid qualifies.

You do this all day.

This the kind of kid who ends up at a JUCO, followed by Toledo or some place and then ends up playing 7-8 years in the league. Credit to Golden for identifying the kid and hanging with him as long as he can.

Advertisement
ref Trayone:

Jeremy Crabtree ESPN ‏@jeremycrabtree 2m
Coach Hill said he's taking test this weekend for the first time. His GPA is improving but test key. #JCRoadTrip

Taking the ACT for the first time; two months away from signing day??? Some of these high school coaches need there a** kick.

Advertisement
Big, strong, fast…..i think that dudes got more upside at receiver than Lane, Dixon, Rudolph,….pretty much any SFL WR.

I'd like to see him at F$, laying some wood. He probably has a good football IQ if he can play QB -- I like him calling our coverages on D.

Advertisement
Back