Travonte Valentine Problem?

Could be the most important recruit in the class but....

Can you blame him?

**** yeah you can blame him! We would be a different D with the likes of him and Moten at DT, Jackson & Thomas at DE, and Owens, Fig, Young, Smith and Grace at LB.

and chill with the scheme talk. You put top talent and they'll make D'onfrio look like he's all of a sudden figured it out. UF was the best D in the nation until they lost Easley and a couple other studs, then they had Missouri and every other team marching up and down the field on them

true statement. the same people who get mad a dorito is the same ones who claim we have just a few pro level players. me personally i believe its both

Advertisement
You rarely see a dominate DT in fr or so season reason being because it’s the same on the other side of the ball. Don’t get me wrong there are some special freshman linemen but they are few and far between

Nola.com is saying that lsu is feeling good about where they stand with him and they have been in constant contact.

They said that miami giving up 48 points to duke did not sit well with valentine or his braintrust.

They said that sources close to valentine said that lsu is very much in the hunt and those talks have increased recently.

Golden needs to make changes ASAP good d-tackles don't want to play in this ****in defense. This guy is crucial and can't afford to lose him.

Anyone else a little wary of this source? This site has been reporting on this kid being an imminent flip for months and the kid himself has done nothing since flipping to us to make us doubt his commitment...his has actually been a remarkably quiet recruitment for the kind if prospect he is. Will wait to panic until I am given a better reason.

And if 44 points to Duke sits well with ANYONE then I don't want them. That's why we all want the DC fired. We are awful every week and we do nothing to try to change that. I want kids who are disgusted by our defense and come in here from Day 1 with the "that **** ends now" attitude.

Nola.com is saying that lsu is feeling good about where they stand with him and they have been in constant contact.

They said that miami giving up 48 points to duke did not sit well with valentine or his braintrust.

They said that sources close to valentine said that lsu is very much in the hunt and those talks have increased recently.

Golden needs to make changes ASAP good d-tackles don't want to play in this ****in defense. This guy is crucial and can't afford to lose him.

Anyone else a little wary of this source? This site has been reporting on this kid being an imminent flip for months and the kid himself has done nothing since flipping to us to make us doubt his commitment...his has actually been a remarkably quiet recruitment for the kind if prospect he is. Will wait to panic until I am given a better reason.

And if 44 points to Duke sits well with ANYONE then I don't want them. That's why we all want the DC fired. We are awful every week and we do nothing to try to change that. I want kids who are disgusted by our defense and come in here from Day 1 with the "that **** ends now" attitude.

Solid.

It's why I think in the end we hang on to him, but it's only natural for a school, and a website to promote those feelings when there's some problems going on at the committed program.

Could be the most important recruit in the class but....

Can you blame him?

**** yeah you can blame him! We would be a different D with the likes of him and Moten at DT, Jackson & Thomas at DE, and Owens, Fig, Young, Smith and Grace at LB.

and chill with the scheme talk. You put top talent and they'll make D'onfrio look like he's all of a sudden figured it out. UF was the best D in the nation until they lost Easley and a couple other studs, then they had Missouri and every other team marching up and down the field on them

Same story, different names.
Give me a break.

The defense is fvckin terrible and wouldn't look much better.

Advertisement
the reason he chose miami over lsu is because of play time. if he wants to ride the bench then hes gone

If he wants playing time he should start right away at Miami, because our D linemen are pretty darn bad. That's the main reason we give up so many points, they can't stop the run and they can't get after the QB, just not very good. This new class coming in will change that.

You rarely see a dominate DT in fr or so season reason being because it’s the same on the other side of the ball. Don’t get me wrong there are some special freshman linemen but they are few and far between

Rarely?
I've never seen a freshman come in and dominate.
Never.
Just like a rookie dt in the NFL. Sapp, Cortez Kennedy are two HOF's who struggled as rookies. They flashed, but only in spurts.
DT's need time to strengthen and adjust.

****** linemen, one alright linebacker and average DB's, many freshmen upgrades and the new class is where we get much better. This is the class that will make the difference.

I believe he's all cane that said I jus hope we dont start bashing this kid because that's something stuckey alluded to into why he left even though we know its grades this doesn't seem legit to me but I maybe wrong

Nobody ever bashed Stuckey. He left because he couldn't qualify at Miami. He even tweeted that "He bets he qualifies for Auburn lol" Or something of the sort.

If Valentine leaves it'll because of the ****ty product we've been putting on the field.

Just like a rookie dt in the NFL. Sapp, Cortez Kennedy are two HOF's who struggled as rookies. They flashed, but only in spurts.

While I agree with this point, it does happen that a Freshman and/or NFL rookie come in and immediately contribute or dominate.

See: Suh rookie year with Lions. 66 tackles, 10 sacks, FF, FR, INT

Advertisement
Rarely is about right, it happens though. NFL is all together different, the kids are adults by then

Rarely?
I've never seen a freshman come in and dominate.
Never.

I wonder if the kid has fixed the things he needed to get into Miami? Maybe has LSU as a back up plan just in case. Jan is a good time to visit other places if you live in Miami, the weather sucks almost everywhere else in the country all winter. Kid get's to see how crappy the weather will be after football ends.

He is probably looking at his options, i do know for a fact that drummond doesnt like dnorfio (dont blame him), and TV wants to go to miami, IMO i think LSU is his secondary school if we dont make changes in the defense as in **** canning coach ****head

He is probably looking at his options, i do know for a fact that drummond doesnt like dnorfio (dont blame him), and TV wants to go to miami, IMO i think LSU is his secondary school if we dont make changes in the defense as in **** canning coach ****head
i think LSU is the backup if he doesnt qualify

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hey Pete, which current recruits commitments/decisions would be in question if there were a move at DC?

218.jpg

Advertisement
Back