Travis Williams Officially Gone!

Doubt it, though. If you spell anything resembling “piqued”, autocorrect will either work or not return a result. There is no circumstance where you can spell anything close to pique, and AutoCorrect will come up with “peaked”.

Her best bet to save face is to say that she intentionally meant to use the word “peaked“ indicating that the interest had reached it’s zenith or highest point, and just go with that.
She may have not typed it. Some people do the speak and spell stuff, and that isn't accurate, especially if the words are pronounced similarly. Peaked and piqued are extremely similar if you are talking, hence why a lot of people don't realize they are two wholly different terms.

That said, I expect pros to proofread.

Advertisement
Who would you rather have as a DC, Travis Williams or Bob Shoop? It's also possible that he saw his path to advancement limited here and took a chance to prove his worth as a DC. If he makes a difference at UCF, it will look better than being a cog in the wheel here.

But you're completely correct about money, but none of us know how the conversation went.
Neither is the DC. I’d rather have TWillstobal as a LB coach/recruiter than Shoop as an analyst.

Advertisement
Neither is the DC. I’d rather have TWillstobal as a LB coach/recruiter than Shoop as an analyst.
It's obvious somebody needs to be scouting the next opponent, I'm good with Shoop doing it.

But this is all just a mental exercise at this point. Another LB coach/recruiter could be hired that almost everyone's happy with.

Advertisement
Manure took the hot chick on a date and got a peck on the cheek. Gus called her when she got home from the movies and putt putt golf with Manure, told her to come over to his dingy efficiency apartment at midnight and then proceeded to splack her eyes shut.
He got to hold her hand in the movie though.

She may have not typed it. Some people do the speak and spell stuff, and that isn't accurate, especially if the words are pronounced similarly. Peaked and piqued are extremely similar if you are talking, hence why a lot of people don't realize they are two wholly different terms.

That said, I expect pros to proofread.

That’s actually a possibility, but you are right, as a professional, with words being her trade craft, she should check it more carefully.

Yep. So it’s probably not a great idea to assume we tried to keep him either or that his eventual co-DC title was an upgrade. He was co-DC at Auburn too and didn’t call ****.

I don’t know if we tried to keep him or not, I have no idea. They could have had the attitude “well fūck you, go make a career in that commuter school” or they could’ve begged him to stay, tried to throw more money on the pot, or something in between.

Personally, if it was me, I would’ve shown him the door. I don’t want somebody around me that’s already halfway gone anyway and having me doubt if his head is going to be in the game all year? This is a guy that’s basically just spent the vast majority of his coaching career with Auburn and with Malzahn, I see it more as somebody just wanted to run home to be with mama. That’s how I see it. May be a blessing in disguise, if he was not going to be totally into it this year. Because we sure need fūcking help with the linebackers

Advertisement
I don’t know if we tried to keep him or not, I have no idea. They could have had the attitude “well fūck you, go make a career in that commuter school” or they could’ve begged him to stay, tried to throw more money on the pot, or something in between.

Personally, if it was me, I would’ve shown him the door. I don’t want somebody around me that’s already halfway gone anyway and having me doubt if his head is going to be in the game all year? This is a guy that’s basically just spent the vast majority of his coaching career with Auburn and with Malzahn, I see it more as somebody just wanted to run home to be with mama. That’s how I see it. May be a blessing in disguise, if he was not going to be totally into it this year. Because we sure need fūcking help with the linebackers
If he tried to hold Manny up for a DC title then I don’t blame Manny for that. It would tie our hands next year and creates other issues with other highly qualified coaches on staff.

If he tried to hold Manny up for a DC title then I don’t blame Manny for that. It would tie our hands next year and creates other issues with other highly qualified coaches on staff.

Totally agree.

All we are doing here is speculating. So since it’s all speculation anyway, here’s what I think happened. He got the offer and he made up his mind to leave. And unless we were going to offer something absurd like $700,000 a year, a guaranteed contract for a 3 years, and maybe a co-DC type title, that he wasn’t staying.

So he made up his mind once he got the offer from Malzahn. He already has a comfort level with him, he could play it as a promotion, and he could’ve felt like Manny might be a dead man walking, which would only guarantee him a year here, where he probably feels like he’s going to have at least two maybe three years in Orlando unless the bottom falls out. Really didn’t matter what we did.

People can come up with whatever guessed scenario that they want, but in my mind this is the most likely one.

At the end of the day, TWillstobal can suck my *******. Fck his G5 punk ***.

Advertisement
The question is, how do you want that weighted. Leaning towards the best fūcking possible recruiter, give me the best talent, we will work out the coaching skills as we go along. We have other decent coaches on defense now that can teach basic concepts, tackling, reaction, eye discipline, etc. we need as much raw linebacker talent as we can get, because it was lacking last year
...raw talent yep, need not to find more "whole package guys" who come in with better fundaments and were well coached. That's how guys find the field early.

Don't know if anyone has pointed this out but I'm watching this video and this dude Tee(in the blue) states that Twill has been coaching LBs at aub since 2016 and has had only 1 LB drafted. No question he's a great recruiter buuuuut.... Yeah. Don't know if we should really be missing him or not.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back