Travis Williams Officially Gone!

Silver King

Pass Block
The question is, how do you want that weighted. Leaning towards the best fūcking possible recruiter, give me the best talent, we will work out the coaching skills as we go along. We have other decent coaches on defense now that can teach basic concepts, tackling, reaction, eye discipline, etc. we need as much raw linebacker talent as we can get, because it was lacking last year
...raw talent yep, need not to find more "whole package guys" who come in with better fundaments and were well coached. That's how guys find the field early.

Page305

Senior
Don't know if anyone has pointed this out but I'm watching this video and this dude Tee(in the blue) states that Twill has been coaching LBs at aub since 2016 and has had only 1 LB drafted. No question he's a great recruiter buuuuut.... Yeah. Don't know if we should really be missing him or not.

Last edited:

Tee3000

Live Life
No assistant has 3-5 years of security. Malzahn will fire Williams within two years if his defense stinks. Specifically if the "offensive mastermind" thinks the young DC is costing him games and his own future checks.
Rationalize it anyway you like. I said what I said.

Astcloud11

Senior
I'm late...but we got people here saying that UM shouldve flexed on a G5 program for a LB coach that was on our staff for a lunch break? How did yall feel when UM "flexed" on Penn St to keep Al Golden (LOL)? How many of yall same people was happy that Miami was able to "Flex on Temple" to snatch up their HEADCOACH who hardly got on the plane to leave? What about Manny "flexing on Nick Saban by snatching up his future OC (Dan Enos)?". But nah, let me guess, those are all different.

Let me tell you the kicker in this shyt. The same fans in here saying that UM shouldve made his salary worth staying, just to bytch slap UCF, would be the same ones that will immediately claim that UM got punked into making TWill one of the highest paid LB coaches. Yall gonna be the ones starting some dumb shyt rumor like "TWill probably asked Gus to put out an offer to leverage himself higher pay or the DC position and Miami fell for it."

JD08

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Staff member
I'm late...but we got people here saying that UM shouldve flexed on a G5 program for a LB coach that was on our staff for a lunch break? How did yall feel when UM "flexed" on Penn St to keep Al Golden (LOL)? How many of yall same people was happy that Miami was able to "Flex on Temple" to snatch up their HEADCOACH who hardly got on the plane to leave? What about Manny "flexing on Nick Saban by snatching up his future OC (Dan Enos)?". But nah, let me guess, those are all different.

Let me tell you the kicker in this shyt. The same fans in here saying that UM shouldve made his salary worth staying, just to bytch slap UCF, would be the same ones that will immediately claim that UM got punked into making TWill one of the highest paid LB coaches. Yall gonna be the ones starting some dumb shyt rumor like "TWill probably asked Gus to put out an offer to leverage himself higher pay or the DC position and Miami fell for it."
CIS has to have a villain.

fincane

Senior
Rationalize it anyway you like. I said what I said.
I didn't rationalize anything. You're giving reasons for why Williams took the job other than the obvious(a better title and a pay raise). Pretty much the definition of rationalizing.