Travis Williams Officially Gone!

Other than just to say that I don’t like your schedule quips? Not really.

You’re in LA, right? Because if you want to overnight me a couple pastrami sandwiches from Langer’s, then we can chop it up. We don’t have a single legit deli down here and I haven’t gotten out to the left coast in a while.

Ahhhh, that’s y u acting crabby, blood; u been missing out on some pastrami! Trust; when I was in The Bay & the lack of legit delis had me like Sponge Bob, too.

Low Key Langer’s pastrami ain’t got chit on this hole in the wall spot in my hood called Brolly Hut. Anybody that’s shot through Crenshaw on the West Side know about Brolly Hut. Known for their chili cheese fries, and their pastrami. It’s unassuming, hood, but legit and clean af.

Anyways, u on the right side of the map?

Advertisement
Time will tell man. Hope I’m wrong, be happy to admit it down the line.
Time will tell what? This move is as common as wiping your *** after taking a dump. You're making it more then it is. This has nothing to do with Miami & everything to do with being a DC.

That’s exactly right. Which is why it’s so bizarre that dudes are so hurt by him leaving. We got a bunch of guys w daddy abandonment issues I guess.
I don’t give a fck that he left because he did nothing here and was here for 3 hours. On top of that, I’m not convinced Manure would succeed if Belichick was his LB coach.

What chaps my *** is the idea that the fruity UM fans so readily accept that UCF assistant is an upgrade over uM assistant and that the UM brass so easily let a G5 team poach one of our coaches. Maybe Williams leaves no matter what kind of money we offer, but we didn’t even try to flex on a G5 progrum that could only pay him $600K to be a DC.

Untrue. He could win and stop suffering the most embarrassing losses in progrum history. Fans don’t like Manure because of what he does on the field. Some fans worship coaches. Others love the progrum. The ones who love the progrum are critical of Manure.

This failure with Williams has less to do with Manure and more to do with our willingness to bend over and quit and not flex on a G5 poacher.
This is what ****es me off more than anything. You are exactly right, Franchise.

"This failure with Williams has less to do with Manure and more to do with our willingness to bend over and quit and not flex on a G5 poacher."

Advertisement
I don’t give a fck that he left because he did nothing here and was here for 3 hours. On top of that, I’m not convinced Manure would succeed if Belichick was his LB coach.

What chaps my *** is the idea that the fruity UM fans so readily accept that UCF assistant is an upgrade over uM assistant and that the UM brass so easily let a G5 team poach one of our coaches. Maybe Williams leaves no matter what kind of money we offer, but we didn’t even try to flex on a G5 progrum that could only pay him $600K to be a DC.
Who would you rather have as a DC, Travis Williams or Bob Shoop? It's also possible that he saw his path to advancement limited here and took a chance to prove his worth as a DC. If he makes a difference at UCF, it will look better than being a cog in the wheel here.

But you're completely correct about money, but none of us know how the conversation went.

First of all...
No.

Ultimately the DC decides who the **** we recruit at Linebacker. Position coaches don't make the ultimate decision on that. Position coaches like a guy, they bring him to the attention of the DC, and they go from there.

Second of all...
"He could easily have been" is purely YOUR speculation. Unless Manny himself told him that, it's far from a guarantee.

Every person who coaches for a living would agree with this. Even Manny told him to take it.
Only you orange & green goggle wearing MF'ers think this is a bad move.

He has no guarantee of being a DC here. However, if he goes to UCF and kills it, it can sky rocket his value and he can have his pick of almost anywhere in the country. (including Miami)

He has no allegiance to the University of Miami. When yall MF'ers gonna realize that coaches and kids don't love this University like yall do?
Drop the mic, @Coach Macho they ain't ready for that hot fire

Drop the mic, @Coach Macho they ain't ready for that hot fire
Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Wild this thread is still going. A guy that held like 5 zoom meetings and sent out some scholarship offers is generating more buzz for leaving than getting back Simpson for DL and T Rob to coach DBs. Shouldn't be shocked to see this on CIS tho.

Advertisement
This is what ****es me off more than anything. You are exactly right, Franchise.

"This failure with Williams has less to do with Manure and more to do with our willingness to bend over and quit and not flex on a G5 poacher."
The Head Coach is the guy who gave him his shot at Auburn and it’s clearly the next step in the guy’s career progression — running his own defense. Y’all wanted us to pay him $800k to coach LBs? It’s not worth that.

His first year you had Gooden who was a physical freak imo..Colin, Spence, sharpton all played together ..you had a couple highly touted guys who didn’t reach their potential in futch and Ramon Buchanan.. that’s it’s under HC randy/Mike. Loved Colin and Sean, but the lbs under his watch had some head scratching performances. And you could argue the whole unit’s performance, which was very takentd was subpar given the talent we had. A defense that at a given point fielded:
Bailey
Vernon
Joeseph
Colin
Spence
Brandon harris
DVD
Sam (granted 1 year at cb)
Ray Ray
Joe Joe RIP
Ryan Hill
Etc etc
Just leaving it too lb play/production I’d say besides last szns, manny’s Linebackers have been unpar if not slightly better. But Randy’s kids were definitely more talented overall

Manny's LB's have been better?! LOL.
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

Under Randy we routinely had guys register 100 tackles. They made more impact plays too.
One year we had TWO Linebackers register 100 tackles in the same season.

LOL @ that unit you just named being "talented".
Manny has had FAR MORE talent.

jason mantzoukas come on man GIF by LoveIndieFilms

Last edited:
Manny's LB's have been better?! LOL.
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

Under Randy we routinely had guys register 100 tackles. They made more impact plays too.
One year we had TWO Linebackers register 100 tackles in the same season.

LOL @ that unit you just named being "talented".
Manny has had FAR MORE talent.

jason mantzoukas come on man GIF by LoveIndieFilms
If we exclude 2020...and u really can’t lol. Man don’t get me started on the tackling stats. We both know them ***** was skewed like a ****. Everyone and they mamma got a “assisted tackle”..but I’ll admit this not a hill I’m willing to die on lol

Advertisement

Who knows what went on. Nobody knows if we countered or if we didn’t. Or if TW said, “I’ll stay if you make me DC”

We don’t know.

LOL. That’s a fun rap, but Gus didn’t hire away a UM assistant. He hired away his goofy son who worked here about a week. Probably didn’t have his background check yet.
Thank you. They’re propping up a guy who had 1 LB drafted in 5 years as a coach.

Advertisement
OR

Gus just a new job so TW is going to get 3-5 years of job security (pay checks) whereas Manny can be fired in 2 years bc he was forced to make defensive changes which is how Twill got here in the first place.
No assistant has 3-5 years of security. Malzahn will fire Williams within two years if his defense stinks. Specifically if the "offensive mastermind" thinks the young DC is costing him games and his own future checks.

Anybody that thinks that getting a DC position isn’t a step up is an idiot.

that alone for him is over a half a mil raise. Anybody would take it. It’s not like he’s Cane alumni or something
just the homer on the site I’m confused how some of these guys really think that. Lol would you rather get paid less at a bigger company with more recognition A. Or B go to a smaller company get paid more and have more responsibility? I’m sure most people would say B idk how y’all don’t think this makes sense for him lol.

OR

Gus just a new job so TW is going to get 3-5 years of job security (pay checks) whereas Manny can be fired in 2 years bc he was forced to make defensive changes which is how Twill got here in the first place.

That took an amazing amount the stretches and fantasy scenarios to get around to just taking a dump on our coach.

Next time just cut out the middle man.

Advertisement
Back