Travis Williams Officially Gone!

Didn't he alienate a host of South Florida high school coaches when he was HC? Rightly or wrongly, I don't believe we heard the same things about Randy...i.e...."I'm not sending my kids there" as we did with Golden, Richt, or Diaz.

My recollection was that there were two, maybe three high schools in Dade County where he was beefing with the head coaches, if I’m not mistaken. I’ve never been that much into the as the soap opera aspects of this, but that’s my general recollection. This apparently ended up hurting recruiting. It seems like it was ages ago.

Advertisement
We don’t play a G5 schedule. We play the same caliber of schedule 90% of the P5 plays .
If ppl can’t see there’s a difference between playing Connecticut, Temple, ECU, south Florida or these other similar G5 divisions then u they are just Trippin Trippin. There’s a huge drop off in week to week comp. now if your just comparing the absolute best the G5 has to offer against bottom feeders of the P5 programs then yeaa the overall talent drop off is there

Would we?
Yes. Not every year tho. But 2009, yes. 2013, yes. 2015 and 2016 yes and this past szn without a doubt. In the AAC, in UCFs division those teams run the table against that comp.

do y’all watch random G5 games?

Advertisement
Yes. Not every year tho. But 2009, yes. 2013, yes. 2015 and 2016 yes and this past szn without a doubt. In the AAC, in UCFs division those teams run the table against that comp.

do y’all watch random G5 games?
Have you seen Miami games the past 10 years? We’ve been the most talented in our division for a decade and we got 1 real division title. Also teams like Boise, UCF, BYU, Houston, & TCU for part of the 2010s actually have done well too.

Have you seen Miami games the past 10 years? We’ve been the most talented in our division for a decade and we got 1 real division title. Also teams like Boise, UCF, BYU, Houston, & TCU for part of the 2010s actually have done well too.
I literally cherry picked teams. Like I said no we wouldn’t run the table every year. But yes those particular teams, yup

Advertisement
I literally cherry picked teams. Like I said no we wouldn’t run the table every year. But yes those particular teams, yup
I’ll give you 2017...but idk about last year with Cincinnati. Even those other cherry picked years the AAC, let alone G5, had better teams.

My recollection was that there were two, maybe three high schools in Dade County where he was beefing with the head coaches, if I’m not mistaken. I’ve never been that much into the as the soap opera aspects of this, but that’s my general recollection. This apparently ended up hurting recruiting. It seems like it was ages ago.
it was more than just a few. it was also the team and everyone around him. he was over his head while HBC and that made his already difficult personality worse. more intransigent and irascible. in addition, he sued the U to collect his entire buyout, so it is unlikely he's coming back.

Untrue. He could win and stop suffering the most embarrassing losses in progrum history. Fans don’t like Manure because of what he does on the field. Some fans worship coaches. Others love the progrum. The ones who love the progrum are critical of Manure.

This failure with Williams has less to do with Manure and more to do with our willingness to bend over and quit and not flex on a G5 poacher.
Preach I love the U always the HC I could care less about

Advertisement
This failure with Williams has less to do with Manure and more to do with our willingness to bend over and quit and not flex on a G5

Seeing as the highest paid LB coach in the country made 625k last year at Bama and Williams just got 600k from UCF to be their DC, you think Miami should have flexed on UCF for trying to poach the LB coach we hired two weeks ago by making Travis Williams the highest paid LB coach in the country.

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Other than to **** on Manny/Miami, why are y’all so worked up about this?

If TWill stayed and was named DC next year, you would say it was a lazy Miami internal hire.

If we hired TWill 2 weeks ago as DC, you would complain that he didn’t have experience as a DC....

That part! Lol. Nail on the head! Lol

LOL. That’s a fun rap, but Gus didn’t hire away a UM assistant. He hired away his goofy son who worked here about a week. Probably didn’t have his background check yet.
That’s exactly right. Which is why it’s so bizarre that dudes are so hurt by him leaving. We got a bunch of guys w daddy abandonment issues I guess.

@Ajcane8

U wanna talk, homie?
Other than just to say that I don’t like your schedule quips? Not really.

You’re in LA, right? Because if you want to overnight me a couple pastrami sandwiches from Langer’s, then we can chop it up. We don’t have a single legit deli down here and I haven’t gotten out to the left coast in a while.

I’m sure T-Will is going to make less money as DC than LB coach. Sometimes you take the title and step down and pay for a bigger payday down the road if that is your plan is to elevate in your professional arena. Ppl do it all the time. **** if done it. And it paid off. What happened to the last position coach who cucked a UM HC??? We’ll see if it has the same results. Lol

Advertisement
Back