Travis Homer

I had no worries about this dude. He's a tough very athletic RB. A one cut foot in the ground guy who will put a shoulder on you.
He has surprised me with his tackle breaking. Granted we have been facing crappy defenses but I see him get hit and it doesn't even slow him down. That makes me feel better about him when we start facing the more physical teams.

Advertisement
Remember when they were considering moving him to CB because of our RB depth?

Not that he wouldn't be a good corner but he would have been moved back to RB literally a month later

Much more physical than I expected. I think we'll be just fine next year if Walton leaves.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

He obviously has a lot to work on/refine as a running back, but Homer really is a freak athlete.

He's just going to get better, especially as his vision and anticipation improve.

Him, Walton, and Gray look like a great trio, and run blocking should be better this year with Donaldson on the line

Advertisement
He's a ******* hammer. Kinda has a little Marion Barber to him but quicker obviously.

He obviously has a lot to work on/refine as a running back, but Homer really is a freak athlete.

He's just going to get better, especially as his vision and anticipation improve.

Him, Walton, and Gray look like a great trio, and run blocking should be better this year with Donaldson on the line

Walton and Homer are a great 1–2 punch.

Gray is not an ACC back.

He runs with the mentality we all wish Edwards had. Obviously can't teach that.

Homer is fast & physical. His frame looks like it can still add more good weight.

Right now he's a one cut, straight line runner. I'm hoping he learns to cut to avoid contact in the open field, and get off that straight line, instead of just lowering his head looking for contact every time.

If he does that he can be really good.

After the nightmare of the you know who years, I prefer not to worry about kids being to small. Speed matters.

Advertisement
Watching him run reminded me of Clinton Portis freshman year vs. VT when Dorsey got in his first game. He just looks like he is trying harder than everyone out there by a wide margin. (not running style) Kid has heart and a bright future on Saturdays and Sundays. The fact that he is a GREAT special teams guy will help with the latter.

Watching him run reminded me of Clinton Portis freshman year vs. VT when Dorsey got in his first game. He just looks like he is trying harder than everyone out there by a wide margin. (not running style) Kid has heart and a bright future on Saturdays and Sundays. The fact that he is a GREAT special teams guy will help with the latter.

Exactly, he is probably the fastest RB we've had in a while to hit the hole since Portis. If the linemen can open it up quick enough, I'll be looking for more big runs. Walton seems to have better vision and makes his cutbacks better. Right now he would be best at off tackle runs, jet sweeps and screens IMO. Hopefully the line will soon get better and we'll see some runs up the middle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back