Travis homer very solid #2 rb

Advertisement
Homer is the real deal. Miami will have a better 1, 2 punch then most teams in the country outside of a handful. He has been very good against our front 7 yard the last 2 scrimmages and mind you we had one of the top rushing defenses in the country

LMFAO!!!! Only time any of us seen him run is fumbing against Bethune Cookman... God dammit Brock

Well, now we have the benefit of some runs in the first game, even if it is against Bethune-Cookman. He looks like a very good no. 2 back, who could easily be our no. 1 back if Walton gets hurt. The question is, what's behind our first two?

Advertisement
I'm confused why so many people think Homer is just another Greentree all star? Barring injury, he will undoubtedly get his fair share of carries so do you think he will struggle because he's definitely going to play...? He's explosive, hard working and selfless, as long as he takes care of the ball, he will show out. Our fans always look for the negatives.

Because Homer doing well undermines the whole Walton narrative that has been building since the end of last season, which is:

"Walton is the best RB in the ACC and one of the Top 10 maybe 5 RB's in college football who will carry our offense get 1,400+ yds and if he gets hurt we're f*cked"

If you say Homer will be as good, or even better (crazy talk!) than Walton, then either:

1) You're saying we have 2 of the Top 10 RB's in the country (which seems a little over the top and crazy)
2) You'd be admitting Walton won't have the huge year everyone is predicting because Homer will warrant more carries than originally thought

Much easier/safer to say - "Calm down, we haven't even seen Homer play yet!". You're covered that way.

Both went over 100 yards today. Both could be starters for most teams, I suspect (based on only one game and I acknowledge it is B-C, not FSU). If both stay healthy, maybe we could have two 1000 yard rushers. It's not impossible. I don't know how often that happens, but Dennis Erickson had two 1000 yard rushers his last season at WSU, the year before he came to the U. He did that with a 1 RB/3 WR offense, too. His offense spread out defenses enough to open running lanes and he had a very good running attack to go with Timm Rosenbach and that very effective passing attack.

Getting back to the U: if we can get both RBs enough carries, they can both have very good seasons. If we do that, it's an indication that we are balanced enough to be effective in both phases, passing and running. That's also usually a sign of a more effective offense. if we lean lopsided toward passing, it probably means we're not keeping the ball enough and not establishing leads in games. We ran for more yards today than we passed. I would prefer to see that kind of stat in most of our games.

He had a better Sparq score than Dalvin Cook and his HS tape is one of the best I've ever seen for a RB.

He'll have a big year.

Lots of people are going to spend these next couple weeks getting their doubts and negativity in, it's what our fanbase does best

Lets not talk sparq ratings please.. #DexterWiiliams or whatever his name was

SPARQ is just a measure of athleticism. Definitely not all great athlete's are great players.

It can also be skewed if one measurement is off the charts. Williams score was skewed by his insane 44.5" Vertical Jump. Berrios had a great SPARQ because of his 3.81 shuttle & 40" vertical.

But the SPARQ shows there's no denying with Homer (126.51) & Burns (122.91), we have a totally different level of athlete at RB that we've had recently with Walton (91.47), Yearby (96.21), Gus (90.12)

Again - in no way does your SPARQ make you a better player, but the increased size/speed/strength/athleticism we now have at RB (that we haven't had the last 2 years) should be enough to get fans excited.

Here's their SPARQ scores from HS:

Walton
Height - 5' 9"
Weight - 185
40 - 4.68
20 - 4.38
Vetical - 33
Power Throw - 37
SPARQ - 91.47

Homer
Height - 5' 11"
Weight - 195
40 - 4.48
20 - 4.03
Vetical - 37.8
Power Throw - 40
SPARQ - 126.51

Burns
Height - 5' 11"
Weight - 215
40 - 4.57
20 - 4.41
Vetical - 42
Power Throw - 41
SPARQ - 122.91

Whatever happened to Williams? Didn't he get into the UM-ND game last year?

Homer is the real deal. Miami will have a better 1, 2 punch then most teams in the country outside of a handful. He has been very good against our front 7 yard the last 2 scrimmages and mind you we had one of the top rushing defenses in the country

"Very solid" and "better 1, 2 punch than most teams in the country" based off 2 closed scrimmages?

If you were new and unfamiliar with green tree all stars, id give you a pass. But come on, be better.

What's hysterical is that this is the exact type of thread the guy called you out for last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahem

Advertisement

"Very solid" and "better 1, 2 punch than most teams in the country" based off 2 closed scrimmages?

If you were new and unfamiliar with green tree all stars, id give you a pass. But come on, be better.

What's hysterical is that this is the exact type of thread the guy called you out for last week.

Ahem

Bump

You made your assessment based off 2 closed scrimmages and that is still ridiculous, no matter how great homer looks.

Advertisement
Back