Travis homer very solid #2 rb

Couldn't agree with you more Brock. Homer is the real deal. He has an explosive first step, break away speed, and he's not affraid of contact. He was my surprise player on offense from Lu's poll a few weeks back.

Advertisement
I'm on record. Homer is a better back than Walton, and I think it's going to show on the field by mid-season

Yeah, I said it.

It won't take until mid-season. Homer is the more talented RB.

It's funny that more people don't see it, and funnier that even thinking Homer is better than Walton is blasphemy on this board.

I'm on record. Homer is a better back than Walton, and I think it's going to show on the field by mid-season

Yeah, I said it.

Im upvoting because I appreciate you putting it out there. What I love is that I believe Homer and Walton are so similar in respect to how they play. They are tough, hard working players. I think Homer has a bit more acceleration than Walton. Either way, they are going to be a tremendous 1-2 punch.

Advertisement
I think Mark Walton is going to have a special season behind a much improved oline. Very physical, great balance, shifty, and underrated burst and speed.

Travis Homer has the talent to be better but he will also benefit from running behind some very good olines bfore he leaves UM. .

Mark richt was on wqam today praising Travis homer today. Also said trayone gray has shown some good things

Advertisement
Homer was top 10 coming out of HS.

Actually the #6 RB in his class. Won't be shocked to see him ball out. We had a bunch of top 10 backs on the roster in Walton, Yearby, and Homer. Follow that up next season with Homer, Lingard, Davis. This program always getting top 10 RBs!

Homer is a bad dude. Hard nosed one cut and go guy with excellent speed and tough enough to bust through that first level. I expect many big runs from him this year.

Get your "I need to see it" slick negativity in now. No one has more unbiased fans than UM.

1st scrimmage Homer was 8 carries for 55 yards (6.9 ypc) behind (for the most part) our 2nd string O-line against our 1st string D-line. This is very encouraging considering the expected increased work load for RB's this year. He did fumble it, however, but aside from that fumble and putting it on the turf in the opener last year, do we really know this is a huge problem for him? Asking honestly because I can't recall any problems during spring camp.

I love Walton, but to me he's always seemed to be a tad ineffective between the tackles against quality defensive fronts. I know our O-line has been suspect, and I'm really looking forward to seeing that portion of his game improve this season, but it would be really nice to have another quality guy back there that you could depend on to pick up 3 or 4 yards on 1st and 10 and convert a few 3rd and shorts.

Advertisement
I'm confused why so many people think Homer is just another Greentree all star? Barring injury, he will undoubtedly get his fair share of carries so do you think he will struggle because he's definitely going to play...? He's explosive, hard working and selfless, as long as he takes care of the ball, he will show out. Our fans always look for the negatives.

Homer is a bad dude. Hard nosed one cut and go guy with excellent speed and tough enough to bust through that first level. I expect many big runs from him this year.

Get your "I need to see it" slick negativity in now. No one has more unbiased fans than UM.

Dude is in that Cadillac Williams mold, takes contact on full speed and doesn't stop moving them legs. Zero regard for his health

If he protects the rock, I think he's going to have a breakout season. Does anyone know if he has pass catching skills as well?

Advertisement
He had a better Sparq score than Dalvin Cook and his HS tape is one of the best I've ever seen for a RB.

He'll have a big year.

Lots of people are going to spend these next couple weeks getting their doubts and negativity in, it's what our fanbase does best

Lets not talk sparq ratings please.. #DexterWiiliams or whatever his name was

Through 2 scrimmages:

Homer is 14-104 yds. All other RB's are 29-69 yds.

This is The Year of Homer (TM). Get on board or get the f*ck out of the way!

Advertisement
Back