Travis homer very solid #2 rb

As soon as i seen the thread titled.. " Travis Homer very solid #2 RB".. It SCREAMED BROCK lmao

Advertisement
Homer is a bad dude. Hard nosed one cut and go guy with excellent speed and tough enough to bust through that first level. I expect many big runs from him this year.

Get your "I need to see it" slick negativity in now. No one has more unbiased fans than UM.

Dude is in that Cadillac Williams mold, takes contact on full speed and doesn't stop moving them legs. Zero regard for his health

I like the sound of that.

Advertisement
I'm confused why so many people think Homer is just another Greentree all star? Barring injury, he will undoubtedly get his fair share of carries so do you think he will struggle because he's definitely going to play...? He's explosive, hard working and selfless, as long as he takes care of the ball, he will show out. Our fans always look for the negatives.

Because Homer doing well undermines the whole Walton narrative that has been building since the end of last season, which is:

"Walton is the best RB in the ACC and one of the Top 10 maybe 5 RB's in college football who will carry our offense get 1,400+ yds and if he gets hurt we're f*cked"

If you say Homer will be as good, or even better (crazy talk!) than Walton, then either:

1) You're saying we have 2 of the Top 10 RB's in the country (which seems a little over the top and crazy)
2) You'd be admitting Walton won't have the huge year everyone is predicting because Homer will warrant more carries than originally thought

Much easier/safer to say - "Calm down, we haven't even seen Homer play yet!". You're covered that way.

Saying that Homer is better than Walton is blasphemy considering Homer was 4th string all year.

I'm fine with anyone who expects big things for Homer as the backup but comparing him with Walton based on his HS career and some special teams highlights is pretty homerish.

Saying that Homer is better than Walton is blasphemy considering Homer was 4th string all year.

I'm fine with anyone who expects big things for Homer as the backup but comparing him with Walton based on his HS career and some special teams highlights is pretty homerish.

I hear you - If Homer were a stud he would've jumped up the depth chart last year.

But consider this:

2009 - Javarris James/Graig Cooper started the season 1-2. Damien Berry couldn't get a carry until mid-season and Lamar Miller redshirted. Who were the better RB's?
2010 - Berry started the season as the workhorse RB, and got much more carries than Miller. Who was the better RB?
2012 - Mike James got more carries than Duke Johnson. Who was the better RB?
2015 - Yearby got more carries and outplayed Walton. Who, in your opinion, was the better RB in 2016?

There is plenty of recent history that suggests the RB higher on the depth chart, and getting more carries, isn't necessarily the better RB. They're just older/more experienced.

You just saw Walton make a huge leap from his Freshman to Soph year, and overtake Yearby who he was clearly worse than the year before. Why is it so crazy to think Homer can make that same leap, especially when he's already been showing out in camp so far?

Last edited:
Advertisement

I hear you - If Homer were a stud he would've jumped up the depth chart last year.

But consider this:

2009 - Javarris James/Graig Cooper started the season 1-2. Damien Berry couldn't get a carry until mid-season and Lamar Miller redshirted. Who were the better RB's?
2010 - Berry started the season as the workhorse RB, and got much more carries than Miller. Who was the better RB?
2012 - Mike James got more carries than Duke Johnson. Who was the better RB?
2015 - Yearby got more carries and outplayed Walton. Who, in your opinion, was the better RB in 2016?

There is plenty of recent history that suggests the RB higher on the depth chart, and getting more carries, isn't necessarily the better RB. They're just older/more experienced.

You just saw Walton make a huge leap from his Freshman to Soph year, and overtake Yearby who he was clearly worse than the year before. Why is it so crazy to think Homer can make that same leap, especially when he's already been showing out in camp so far?

Stop being rational and reasonable, bro.

Homer is "fixin" to bring shock, awe and wonderment to all infidels with his HR hitting, and elite running style. He's going to be a game-breaking force to be reckoned with

Advertisement
Not worried about Walton or Homer...My concern is what comes after them..

Don't be concerned, we're good. This mythology that 3-4 elite running backs are needed to compete must stop. That is unrealistic. Walton and Homer are a fine, and we have a 3rd year guy like Gray that can step in and get it done, if needed.

How many elite RB's did Clemson have after Wayne Gallman? ZERO

How many did Michigan have last season? FSU, behind cook? University of Washington? Ohio State?

Alabama had TWO running backs that carried most of the load last season

He had a better Sparq score than Dalvin Cook and his HS tape is one of the best I've ever seen for a RB.

He'll have a big year.

Lots of people are going to spend these next couple weeks getting their doubts and negativity in, it's what our fanbase does best

Lets not talk sparq ratings please.. #DexterWiiliams or whatever his name was

SPARQ is just a measure of athleticism. Definitely not all great athlete's are great players.

It can also be skewed if one measurement is off the charts. Williams score was skewed by his insane 44.5" Vertical Jump. Berrios had a great SPARQ because of his 3.81 shuttle & 40" vertical.

But the SPARQ shows there's no denying with Homer (126.51) & Burns (122.91), we have a totally different level of athlete at RB that we've had recently with Walton (91.47), Yearby (96.21), Gus (90.12)

Again - in no way does your SPARQ make you a better player, but the increased size/speed/strength/athleticism we now have at RB (that we haven't had the last 2 years) should be enough to get fans excited.

Here's their SPARQ scores from HS:

Walton
Height - 5' 9"
Weight - 185
40 - 4.68
20 - 4.38
Vetical - 33
Power Throw - 37
SPARQ - 91.47

Homer
Height - 5' 11"
Weight - 195
40 - 4.48
20 - 4.03
Vetical - 37.8
Power Throw - 40
SPARQ - 126.51

Burns
Height - 5' 11"
Weight - 215
40 - 4.57
20 - 4.41
Vetical - 42
Power Throw - 41
SPARQ - 122.91

Advertisement
Personally I think we are going to have a 1-2 punch at RB that could exceed our expectations and take the media by surprise. Barring injury of course. Depth is a bit concerning but those 2 are going to be fun to watch this year.

giphy.gif

Homer is the real deal. Miami will have a better 1, 2 punch then most teams in the country outside of a handful. He has been very good against our front 7 yard the last 2 scrimmages and mind you we had one of the top rushing defenses in the country

Ahem.... I know it was against Bethune nonetheless but homer looked very good out there regardless.

Homer is the real deal. Miami will have a better 1, 2 punch then most teams in the country outside of a handful. He has been very good against our front 7 yard the last 2 scrimmages and mind you we had one of the top rushing defenses in the country

Ahem.... I know it was against Bethune nonetheless but homer looked very good out there regardless.

WOWOWOWOW broke u were right i wish I was you!!!!!

Advertisement
Back