Transition years

College Football Reaction GIF by ACC Network
My all-time favorite Cane!! Him and DHester

Advertisement
He used the job to play OC and hire his unqualified son.

These are the QBs he left: Jarren Williams, N’Kosi Perry and Tate Martell

Jarren williams was extremely talented, poor work ethic/partier killed his career but he had the tools.

N'kosi Perry is a really solid college QB.

Tate Martell..... Former 5* that didn't Pan out.... A lot of teams would take a risk at a supremely athletic with an absurd track record of winning games.

Agreed.

This is why I am not a "100%-Manny-hater". He tried. He improved our QB room more than anyone in over 20 years. He did put together some talent that didn't immediately hit the Portal when things didn't go well and/or the regime changed. I don't have to list a lot of things, because I don't have a lot of things, but I think that he left things in a bit of a better spot than anyone has since Butch. Now, if Manny had hung around for another year, maybe we couldn't say that any longer, but still.

I'm still excited for all of the improvements that Mario is making, though.
1000%

Advertisement
Great post. Puts things in perspective. Would/could you do a follow-up with their new-coach-bump first full classes?

Man just saw that the ‘big 3’ in FL landed only 30% of the top 20 kids in 2022. IMG impacts that sure but that’s insanity considering the three coaches make $20m combined lol

Even worse is a lot of those guys are in the trenches where championship teams separate themselves.

Advertisement
DMoney, I think we are very close on the 85 counter number right now, meaning that if we are to get anywhere near to having 22-29 ICs for this class (22 being the low-end, with 3 of the 2022 ICs used by Fall enrollees, and 29 being the high-end if we max out on 7 Portal replacement ICs), we will need to have more than 6 more kids transfer out, correct? (Nesta was 1 of the 7, so six more, plus more than six to get us back to 85 if we take more Portal kids)

6 out is almost a certainty. I expect 10. Not being alarmist. Just a lot of guys on the team that won't make the 2-deep as upperclassmen, some who will lose their starting spots and won't accept that, and some who may even be able to start but won't sustain the pace expected by Mario's staff.

He used the job to play OC and hire his unqualified son.

These are the QBs he left: Jarren Williams, N’Kosi Perry and Tate Martell
He didn’t recruit Martell. Martell was a Manny/Enos signee.

Advertisement
Yeah, this A-hole got me a little excited for next year.
It’s the same drill every year. A couple years back he did his “I’m not gonna do it” podcast and then went full d$ homer and sucked 80% of us in.

Advertisement
Mostly because of TVD and some other young weapons on offense. Other than Stevenson and the young safeties, he left the defense in a mess.
We need dudes on defense, but if the guys we have will tackle and somebody calls a D that accounts for who we actually have, we'll be decent. And with that offense, decent can be very good.

We'll add 3-4 guys after spring..... easily. Lb and CB for sure.

I wonder if those Oregon to Auburn guys (James and Jones) come back available if it is true about Harsin being fired.

Wonder if Mario still would be interested

Advertisement
Back