Transfers, etc. under Al Golden

I called it back then and I got ripped on here by the Golden brigade. "You're just a measly high school coach! You think you know more about evaluating talent than the all-knowing Al Golden!"

SMH. ****ers.

Probably by a devout cag-got who actually understands pillars and coal shoveling, and the destructive nature of cliques. When we start the season in the race for the coastal you will eat these words.

Advertisement
I called it back then and I got ripped on here by the Golden brigade. "You're just a measly high school coach! You think you know more about evaluating talent than the all-knowing Al Golden!"

SMH. ****ers.

Probably by a devout cag-got who actually understands pillars and coal shoveling, and the destructive nature of cliques. When we start the season in the race for the coastal you will eat these words.

Exactly. This fine gentleman and leader of our youth seems to be caught up in telling us how he called it before anyone else did. I'm sensing a theme with this good man.

Like you implied, though, he who CAGs last CAGs best. And, my dear friend, we will CAG last when we start the season in the mix for the Coastal.

I see a lot of guys who were getting passed on the depth chart, and a handful who decided to do stupid things and got kicked off the team. Let me know when someone like a Duke Johnson or Brad Kaaya decides to transfer. Then you'll have yourself something to post about.

Please tell me you are joking with this post.

Advertisement
One could also twist the whole perspective of this thread and say Golden did what he had to do to fill the roster under less than desirable circumstances and has been a master at purging the kids who weren't ever going to be longterm contributors when he was through using them as practice dummies.

One could also twist the whole perspective of this thread and say Golden did what he had to do to fill the roster under less than desirable circumstances and has been a master at purging the kids who weren't ever going to be longterm contributors when he was through using them as practice dummies.

Hilarious that the owners of CIS really believe posts like this contribute to the website

Advertisement

Hilarious that the owners of CIS really believe posts like this contribute to the website

It appears that Jesse Marx is the owner of CIS at this point.

So, you are saying Golden is a psychopath going around to 15-18 year olds and telling them and their families that he needs their son for his team, and that they are wanted and welcomed. The parents sign off on it, giving their son, and future to him. Meanwhile Big *** Al is sitting at their kitchen table just wondering if he is going to pan out or if he will have to kick him out and lie a degree from Illinois State or Youngstown State is better for them. Sounds like a cult leader.

So, you are saying Golden is a psychopath going around to 15-18 year olds and telling them and their families that he needs their son for his team, and that they are wanted and welcomed. The parents sign off on it, giving their son, and future to him. Meanwhile Big *** Al is sitting at their kitchen table just wondering if he is going to pan out or if he will have to kick him out and lie a degree from Illinois State or Youngstown State is better for them. Sounds like a cult leader.

Sounds like a solid foundation of core values and sturdy pillars to me.

Advertisement

Sounds like what's been happening at bama, lsu, fsu , tenn, and osu for years. Would you be happier if 80% of those kids were still on the roster,would you prefer we only had room for like 15 this year?..be honest.

Last edited:

Sounds like what's been happening at bama, lsu, fsu , tenn, and osu for years. Would you be happier if 80% of those kids were still on the roster,would you prefer we only had room for like 15 this year?..be honest.

Correct. CAG is bringing in fresh recruits. It's like fresh produce off the vine or fresh bread right out of the oven versus rotten fruit and stale moldy bread? Which would you rather have? Give me the fresh recruits any day of the week.

Too much emphasis is put on wins and losses.

As long as our young men graduate with pillars, cantilevers, columns, dormers, and steps, joists, knee-walls, scuppers, and vertical support structures, Golden has done his job.

Advertisement
Too much emphasis is put on wins and losses.

As long as our young men graduate with pillars, cantilevers, columns, dormers, and steps, joists, knee-walls, scuppers, and vertical support structures, Golden has done his job.

Sir you have my vote to call this post of the month!

Sounds like what's been happening at bama(wins), lsu(wins), fsu(wins) , tenn(lol), and osu(wins*) for years. Would you be happier if 80% of those kids were still on the roster,would you prefer we only had room for like 15 this year?..be honest.

The guys that fail out are nearly only the guys that weren't really wanted here. The staff goes after guys that they hope pan out instead of studs. They do this with waaaaay to many guys. Only about half of them even leave. This leaves you with guys that don't contribute and still take up scholarships for 4-5 years. Having them is like self-imposing. I would rather the staff go harder after blue chips instead of turning them away early only to settle for late spring/summer signings.

Sounds like what's been happening at bama(wins), lsu(wins), fsu(wins) , tenn(lol), and osu(wins*) for years. Would you be happier if 80% of those kids were still on the roster,would you prefer we only had room for like 15 this year?..be honest.

The guys that fail out are nearly only the guys that weren't really wanted here. The staff goes after guys that they hope pan out instead of studs. They do this with waaaaay to many guys. Only about half of them even leave. This leaves you with guys that don't contribute and still take up scholarships for 4-5 years. Having them is like self-imposing. I would rather the staff go harder after blue chips instead of turning them away early only to settle for late spring/summer signings.

Is that what you think is happening now with swag 16 or are you just complaining about S from 3 years ago.

When people see right through your bull****, its a lot easier to convince projects who would otherwise be at Rutgers or Toledo to come here then it is to get those 4 and 5 star studs to come here

Advertisement
Back