Transfers, etc. under Al Golden

How do you expect to build a program that has so many transfers?

You don't. You just keep using it as an excuse. If we never have the necessary tools to ACComplish the mission and are always a year away, we can never really blame Godlen.

Advertisement
When you're recruiting under the constant threat of a death penalty you have to take some chances on risky recruits. We clearly lost a couple of those gambles.

Let's see what happens now that the cloud is almost gone. I think it's very telling that you can't point to a single guy who CAG has lost from the 2015 signing class. That data doesn't support your agenda so you're not going to include it.

Did any player on those lists even contribute or play for another team? It really does not look like anyone else even wanted them. Could not have been that big a loss.

true, but I guess you can also make the argument WE wanted them. So it calls into question the evaluation process. I would tend to give Golden some slack the first year since he may have taken more risks than necessary, but as the list grows year to year that is some cause for concern.

Debating who we failed to land, who washed out or transferred, who ran afoul of the law or who never qualified is a never-ending debate that leads to nothing but ugly program and Golden bashing. This is just clutter and something all programs deal with to varying degrees. The point is very simple, Golden and his vision of the program are on the clock. No more clutter or excuses. He has to win and take a significant step forward this fall.

Advertisement
I see a lot of guys who were getting passed on the depth chart, and a handful who decided to do stupid things and got kicked off the team. Let me know when someone like a Duke Johnson or Brad Kaaya decides to transfer. Then you'll have yourself something to post about.

When you're recruiting under the constant threat of a death penalty you have to take some chances on risky recruits. We clearly lost a couple of those gambles.

Let's see what happens now that the cloud is almost gone. I think it's very telling that you can't point to a single guy who CAG has lost from the 2015 signing class. That data doesn't support your agenda so you're not going to include it.

Some people just don't understand what C.A.G. has been put through since he's been at UM. How many guys would have stood with the U, the way C.A.G. did?

Advertisement

Some people just don't understand what C.A.G. has been put through since he's been at UM. How many guys would have stood with the U, the way C.A.G. did?

These guys are constantly pounding the table for scoundrels like Saban and Irvin Meyers. They always forget that neither of those guys would have lasted beyond a year here. They would have tucked tail and ran for higher ground the minute they heard a whisper about the scandal.

So, yes, those men are fine football coaches, but they're not good men. You can't build a solid foundation with ship jumpers like them. Bad men eventually leave a trail of tears in their wake. UF has never recovered from the depravity and debauchery of the Meyers era.

You need a man of substance and solid stock like CAG if you're interested in building something that lasts and not just chasing the short term instant gratification.

30%...that how much UM has bled from it's roster under Golden. Lbh, every school have transfers and kids being kicked off the team, but not at a 30% clip. Player development, along w/ a winning culture has not been developed under Golden's watch.

If a kid is going to ride the bench, he should be going through the grooming process to take over his predecessors spot when it's time for his number to be called. Hence, that's why Winslow said 'at the U we don't rebuild, we reload.' Golden has been rebuilding since day one and he continues to use excuses as to why little to no progress is being made, but if he would just pay attention to his thumb while he's pointing the finger at everyone/thing else, he would clearly see that it's him that's the problem.

Advertisement
I see a lot of guys who were getting passed on the depth chart, and a handful who decided to do stupid things and got kicked off the team. Let me know when someone like a Duke Johnson or Brad Kaaya decides to transfer. Then you'll have yourself something to post about.

right! because we don't need depth and solid contributors. that makes perfect sense. now go play in rush hour traffic. i'll meet you there

Did any player on those lists even contribute or play for another team? It really does not look like anyone else even wanted them. Could not have been that big a loss.

Ok. Then who was the fat f*ck who gave them an offer in the first place?

CAG isn't fat. He's just carrying excess swaggage.

:6e482c_o::6e482c_o::6e482c_o:

It's a travesty that we can't rep posts anymore around here. Makes me want to puck someone in the face.

Storm Johnson and Hester were the only ones on that list that mattered outside of the idiots who were kicked off.

Advertisement
I'd like to see how many transferred under Larranaga since some of yall like to ride his D so much.

Maybe a fact based article vs. an accusation based post might help:

www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article1988545.html[/URL]

Hat tip to Winky for this list, pretty bad reflection on Al Golden no matter what excuse is used for the transfers, etc.

This list doesn't include the guys Golden signed knowing they wouldn't get in to inflate his class rankings. (Derrick Griffin, Kevin Grooms, Angelo Jean-Louis, DeVante Bond)

Players Golden didn't recruit but left under his watch.

-Ray Ray Armstrong: Talking with Agents
-Dyron Dye: Transferred
-Jermaine Johnson: Transferred
-Malcolm Bunche: Transferred
-CJ Holton: Transferred

-Storm Johnson: Transferred
-David Perry: Transferred

Players Golden recruited and left on his watch

-Jalen Grimble: Transferred
-Gionni Paul: Transferred
-Thomas Finnie: Kicked off
-Matt Goudis: Left to pursue other options
-Ricardo Williams: Transferred
-Eddie Johnson: Kicked off

-Preston Dewey: Injury
-Robert Lockhart: Transferred
-Jawand Blue: Kicked off
-Jontavious Carter: Transferred
-Josh Witt: Injury
-Gabriel Terry: Kicked off
-Jacoby Briscoe: Transferred
-Dwayne Holiet : Transferred
-Blacky Davis : Transferred
-Larry Hope: Transferred
-Nate Dortch: Transferred
-Dequan Ivery: Transferred
-Danny Dilliard: Transferred
-Antonio Crawford: Transferring

-Kevin Olsen: Kicked off
-Beau Sandland: Transferred
-Alex Figueroa : Kicked off
-Ray Lewis III: Transferred

2014:
-Kiy Hester: Transferred
-Terry McCray: Might be transferring/Might still be on the team

Sure, there's transfers at every program, but the real issue here is who he chose to offer from the beginning. Some of those kids were questionable offers in the first place, and they were offered over local kids who balled in high school and/or currently excelling in college.

Their "evaluations" seldom work out.

Ray Lewis, Nate Dortch, Larry Hope, Danny Dillard, Dequan Ivery, Dwayne Holliet, Jacoby Briscoe, Jontavious Carter, etc...were all ducks! You could see it in their high school tape. I called it back then and I got ripped on here by the Golden brigade. "You're just a measly high school coach! You think you know more about evaluating talent than the all-knowing Al Golden!"

SMH. ****ers.

Advertisement
Back