Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Advertisement
I agree but at a certain point you have to give it to whoever their evaluator is. Similar to how we have hope that Alonzo will do it for us. They have hit 2 years straight if they do it for a third have to just chalk it up to that person. They clearly have the tampering or whatever you want to call it down the way they are getting people in waves.
The Portal is hardly new. Alonzo our guy to monitor this? If so, asleep at the switch? We have so many needs. Another bad season and all recruiting heads south. We need to restock for 2023.

If we are winning 10 games year 3, approaching top 10 ranking bringing most of the team back and killing the portal…. The board would make it seem like we are on fire….

That fire may flame out….time will tell
No we wouldn’t because we’d see we lost to every team with a winnning record and was down by 21 in most of those games we’d also know we should’ve lost to lsu but got by on luck and we also would know literally every team we beat in the last 5 games was below 500 or 500 now so what’s all this National champ crap y’all are spewing you guys are closet state fans I swear if you wanna kiss fsu *** for this magic carpet ride season do it with their fans save that **** over here

Advertisement
FSU is good in the portal cause they can sell early PT and are on these kids quick. Also they want to spend there NIL on transfers. Norvell hoping that another successful season will bump there recruiting. Eventually sub par recruiting will hurt depth. They are rightfully going all in on this year cause the ACC is down and very winnable.
Miami can't do that? From last season, all positions should be open for competition.

No we wouldn’t because we’d see we lost to every team with a winnning record and was down by 21 in most of those games we’d also know we should’ve lost to lsu but got by on luck and we also would know literally every team we beat in the last 5 games was below 500 or 500 now so what’s all this National champ **** y’all are spewing you guys are closet state fans I swear if you wanna kiss fsu *** for this magic carpet ride season do it with their fans save that **** over here

You clearly can’t have a reasonable conversation about a rival. They won 10 games and have a set strategy this off-season to try to bring people back while hitting the portal hard to make a run next year. Seems reasonable when they aren’t recruiting high school at an elite level.

Not sure why that is hard to discuss.

Cohen is a great get. No doubt. I just think he’s being overhyped a bit.

He is a great pass blocking, meh run blocking LG (which is why he was losing his job to Booker).

If people believe Cohen to be a 1st team all-conference player, they’re probably going to be disappointed. If they see him as a good starter, then they’ll be happy.
A "good starter" on OUR OL? I'd be thrilled.

Advertisement
Cohen is a great get. No doubt. I just think he’s being overhyped a bit.

He is a great pass blocking, meh run blocking LG (which is why he was losing his job to Booker).

If people believe Cohen to be a 1st team all-conference player, they’re probably going to be disappointed. If they see him as a good starter, then they’ll be happy.
He was 2nd team all sec this season. I think it is fair to believe he can be a first team all acc player.

They're gonna attack it hard for a title run every year. Not just 2023. That's what smart teams do in this day and age.

I’m not against it. In 2023 there are two ways to fill a roster, high school and portal. Many saying portal isn’t sustainable are basing it off of no clear rationale of whether it is or not sustainable with NIL, a bad experience with Manny Diaz or a Mel Tucker one off, or some combination thereof without enough time having elapsed to make definitive statements as to the sustainability or lack thereof.

and Mario's eating Norvel's lunch in recruiting.

Try to guess what's more sustainable.
You need both sources but I'd say the Portal these days. Especially when, like us, its imperative we don't have another season this Fall like 2022 turned out. That would be disastrous.

Advertisement
You clearly can’t have a reasonable conversation about a rival. They won 10 games and have a set strategy this off-season to try to bring people back while hitting the portal hard to make a run next year. Seems reasonable when they aren’t recruiting high school at an elite level.

Not sure why that is hard to discuss.
Who cares if this is their strategy we’ll be fine and we’ll get our lick back Mario isn’t a dummy he’s doing work to get us better and we’re going to be better this year then last I watched fsu games and know plenty about there situation but I don’t need to discuss it like we’re some powder puff team and they’re the 2001 canes we can beat them and will our portal recruiting will keep getting better we already have 4 solid kids in the fold and we’ll get more

Who cares if this is their strategy we’ll be fine and we’ll get our lick back Mario isn’t a dummy he’s doing work to get us better and we’re going to be better this year then last I watched fsu games and know plenty about there situation but I don’t need to discuss it like we’re some powder puff team and they’re the 2001 canes we can beat them and will our portal recruiting will keep getting better we already have 4 solid kids in the fold and we’ll get more

Lance just walked in here and said our OL portal acquisition should not be overhyped and the two WRs targets are not WR1s. Mario is working hard, the new question I have is, Is he working with an outdated model like he does on offense? The answer could be **** no, or it could be he doesn’t hit the portal hard enough…

I am hoping he’s adapting and we turn this around quickly because most other places are showing it on the field faster with first year squads.

But right now we are:
- last portal
- last signing day (late start)
- this ESD
- this early portal

Without a WR1

and needs to fill in a gutted secondary and DL losses, a broken QB room, no WR room and an injured or unknown RB room…

The Portal is hardly new. Alonzo our guy to monitor this? If so, asleep at the switch? We have so many needs. Another bad season and all recruiting heads south. We need to restock for 2023.
I'm pretty sure we have Alonzo and the Michigan state guy. Like people have said we have done good so far. But I also think if we don't get atleast one starter at Dt, or Wr in the next couple weeks before spring starts it was a bust. As it stands right now looks like spring is going to look worse then it did last year. Which will lead to more fans checking out and recruits saying no thanks.

Advertisement
Back