Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Lance, have you had a chance to watch any film on the two wideouts Dubose or Thornton ?
Yes. I have watched both.

Dubise is intriguing. He’s produced and has some athleticism. Strong hands, long arms. Is just ok stringing movements together and I wouldn’t call him a scary WR. He’s more of a reliable guy with flashes.

Thornton is just the opposite. He’s a guy with flashes of great play but hasn’t been consistent. I’d take both, but the cycle goes with the two recruits and those two as transfers, I’d say it was an average haul. They really need one guy who can be an instant starter type. They whiffed on the Flowers, Worthy tier last year, but I’d spend big there if it were me. When I said one at WR, that’s what I mean. Not just another guy to compete.

I’d rather have Dubose between the two, but am fine with taking both.

Bama has to replace both starting guards and a tackle....if he woulda lost his starting job it's not because of talent....Booker could be a future top 10 pick.....Cohen is still a highly rated OL on mock drafts....started two seasons without giving up hardly any sacks.....had to be a decent SEC run blocker to start for Sabin ...I don't think he's overrated at all...bringing in a ( two year) Bama starting OL to the ACC on our OL is true blessing...instant upgrade performance-wise , attitude etc..
Cohen is a great get. No doubt. I just think he’s being overhyped a bit.

He is a great pass blocking, meh run blocking LG (which is why he was losing his job to Booker).

If people believe Cohen to be a 1st team all-conference player, they’re probably going to be disappointed. If they see him as a good starter, then they’ll be happy.

Advertisement
Duffy was from their last class. I'm not saying they wouldn't land any qb at all from the portal, but what are the odds they land someone equivalent to what Travis did this season ? Im saying those odds are slim. But we'll see how it plays out cuz one or two bad evals in the portal on their end or the injury bug biting hard and they're screwed considering the high school recruiting which makes up their depth is thin.
Travis was a back up qb, I think a third string qb from UL when they landed him in the portal. He sucked. You do not think FSU can land a top QB now with the level Norvell has now taken their program compared to how awful they were a couple of years ago?

Travis was a back up qb, I think a third string qb from UL when they landed him in the portal. He sucked. You do not think FSU can land a top QB now with the level Norvell has now taken their program compared to how awful they were a couple of years ago?
Guys like Travis and Hooker show that there are always going to be QBs in the portal that just need the right system to blow up, and the fact is Norvell is showing himself once again to be a good Gameday coach, so FSU will probably be ok at the QB spot even if it is just through the portal. We are going to have to get our talent levels up and step our scheme up if we want to reestablish dominance over them, that’s just the facts of the situation.

The good news is I’m not sure they are ever going to be more than a 9-10 win team if their high school recruiting doesn’t pick up.

Grow Do Something GIF by AionCommunity

Advertisement
I was just pointing out they have their hs qb their developing. I for one HATE fsu with a passion n wish they lose every game they ever play. Im just being real....Jordan Travis to me is/was a bum who just plays back yard ball for the most part....im sure they can find someone else to do the same..they probably will have 2 years at minimum of grooming Duffy in the offense if they get a bridge qb in the portal or just go with the Tate Rodemaker kid idk.

Acting like Jordan Travis was a star in the portal is monday morning qbing ...when they got him he was an after thought..he should thank Norvell for making him salvagable as a player.

I never thought Travis was that good. When he first came to FSU he was a horrible passer. I still think the kid is limited but he has really developed into a solid/productive college qb. But I agree, I think FSU can find a qb to do what he does. It took Travis about 5 years to get to this point.

Cohen is a great get. No doubt. I just think he’s being overhyped a bit.

He is a great pass blocking, meh run blocking LG (which is why he was losing his job to Booker).

If people believe Cohen to be a 1st team all-conference player, they’re probably going to be disappointed. If they see him as a good starter, then they’ll be happy
Cohen was 2nd team All SEC the best conference...definitely a 1st team ALL ACC candidate in my book...

Advertisement
and Mario's eating Norvel's lunch in recruiting.

Try to guess what's more sustainable.

I guess we will see. One guy was mocked for players jumping ship and losing to **** schools, now he’s flipped the roster, has a 10 win team and is loading up in the portal and keeping a bunch of the team returning for a 2023 title run… if they have success in 2023, not natty, but 10 wins, their recruiting will be fine…

Advertisement
I guess we will see. One guy was mocked for players jumping ship and losing to **** schools, now he’s flipped the roster, has a 10 win team and is loading up in the portal and keeping a bunch of the team returning for a 2023 title run… if they have success in 2023, not natty, but 10 wins, their recruiting will be fine…
The fact that after watching this years playoff teams you think FSU is going to make a title run is downright hilarious.

Regarding that last sentence it never has worked that way. Having a good season or two doesn't guarantee recruiting success. At best they'd creep up around the 15th best hs recruiting class. It's not about records but it is about relationships.

Advertisement
Back