Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
I fully expect them to win the Atlantic next year and they might be the favorite to win the ACC, as much as it hurts to say that. Clemson breaking in a new QB and replacing pretty much their entire front 7, I think they will beat them up there and their offense will be even better than it was this year (more weapons). The defense ended the year strong and IF Verse returns, it could be a top 15-20 unit next year. This will be the best team Norvell ever has up there so I understand them going all in on the portal and player retention.

There are no divisions next year. I have no idea who fsu plays but I know their 3 “staple” ACC games every year are Miami, Clemson, and Syracuse going forward. Top 2 teams play in the ACCCG.

There are no divisions next year. I have no idea who fsu plays but I know their 3 “staple” ACC games every year are Miami, Clemson, and Syracuse going forward. Top 2 teams play in the ACCCG.

Oh I thought that started in 2024. I still expect them to be in the top 2. I think their O will be that good.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I agree, (based on stats) he's a take ..... decent player nothing special tho imo...didn't play like a top DL vs Pitt or MSU....not on the same level as Mesidor....
He only appears top tier because there hasn’t been a real influx of talent in the portal imo.

He’s good, he’s not elite. Looks like a JHH to me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mario got the top LB in portal to date, best OL in Portal, and beat Norvel the portal Gaww for Devante Brown one of better CBs in portal. Got a productive DT for the rotation also. I’m sure he is looking to bring in around 6-7 more portal players if the right ones are there, but it’s delicate as Cribby has mentioned, can’t blow all your spots early then not have spots if some better ones hit later. It’s tricky.

PFF ranked Gore above Fiske as top DT in portal also.

Georgia State DI Thomas Gore: The redshirt junior is the top defensive lineman in the transfer portal.

1. DI THOMAS GORE (GEORGIA STATE PANTHERS)​

Transfer Destination: Undecided​

Thomas Gore has dominated for two years now. His 90.6 grade since 2021 ranks fifth among all interior defensive linemen in college football.

The redshirt junior excels in all aspects, sitting as one of only five interior defensive linemen with 85.0-plus grades as both a pass rusher and run defender in that span.

3. DI BRADEN FISKE (WESTERN MICHIGAN BRONCOS)​

Transfer Destination: Undecided​

Fiske’s 85.4 grade this season was sixth best among all interior defensive linemen in the country. He was one of only five interior defensive linemen who ranked in the top eight in the FBS in both pass-rushing and run-defense grades.

Fiske tied for second among that same group with eight sacks, while his 48 pressures were the fourth most. The redshirt senior’s 27 run stops were tied for sixth in the nation, as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mario got the top LB in portal to date, best OL in Portal, and beat Norvel the portal Gaww for Devante Brown one of better CBs in portal. Got a productive DT for the rotation also. I’m sure he is looking to bring in around 6-7 more portal players if the right ones are there.
Yeah, our portal haul thus far has been good and much better than last year in terms of quality. That said, FSU putting in work there the last two years.

I agree, (based on stats) he's a take ..... decent player nothing special tho imo...didn't play like a top DL vs Pitt or MSU....not on the same level as Mesidor....

Yeah maybe "broke the bank" was a little strong, but we should have been aggressive. Our interior situation is below average right now overall, and he is grown man with production that would have been a net positive at 0-1T. Oh well.

Advertisement
Back