Transfer Portal watch

Yeah maybe "broke the bank" was a little strong, but we should have been aggressive. Our interior situation is below average right now overall, and he is grown man with production that would have been a net positive at 0-1T. Oh well.
Definitely need a big DT body to fill DJs loss..... Miami not offering him could indicate they're looking for a certain type....

Advertisement
The Wake kid is looking for some NIL dough. He's a no brainer IMO and a clear upgrade over Harvey.
Yep, Harvey really does nothing for me. He’s not very noticeable out there, and we should be doing everything possible to upgrade across the D-line; not just at the tackle position.

He’s an absolute take.

I’ve watched JSU football;

Deion is not a good coach. It’s obvious JSU won on a disparity of talent. There was no scheme, & in back to back HBCU Nat’l Title Games, there was zero adjustments made where it came down to coaching.

I’m not a hater at all, & I’ve always said Deion, along w/ Brooks r two FSU guys who I wished were Canes, but I don’t foresee him doing well at CU. Forget the level of competition, it’s the level of athletes + coaching that’ll do him in. He won’t have that talent advantage he was able to get away w/.

Imma keep it a buck; I’ve watched some HBCU games for the past 4 yrs & it’s a mess. U think ACC or PAC-12 officiating is bad, tune in to a HBCU game. U think a fun day MAC game is bad, tune in to a HBCU game. Imo, it’s an indictment on Deion to lose in back to back Nat’l title games w/ a starting line up filled w/ D1 transfers & recruits, & it came down to coaching.
Agreed, Rell. It’s bad. Talent is bad, coaching is bad and officiating is bad. So bad that my uncles who played SWAC football back in the ‘60s for Texas Southern refuse to watch it. It’s too painful for them.

But Deion - Yeah, he got a ton of talent and pretty much out-talented most teams. Agree with you - he’s not at all a great X’s and O’s coach. His teams play inspired football and they are relatively disciplined. I’ll give him that.

But he’s going to need a **** of a lot more than that for the Buffs. And I think all of that bravado is going to be humbled real quick.

Does anyone have a list of portal targets we have zeroed in on? I saw on Twitter someone said we had 3-4 spots open unless we have more attrition. Hopefully we have some more dead weight jump in soon.

Does anyone have a list of portal targets we have zeroed in on? I saw on Twitter someone said we had 3-4 spots open unless we have more attrition. Hopefully we have some more dead weight jump in soon.
Thought someone started a separate thread on this subject? Let me look and will tag you

Advertisement
If Verse comes back he is risking a lot of money to just win the Acc at best.

They will be out of the Nc talk after week 1.

And Clemson got that young QB plenty of reps this year. They will be fine. The gap is smaller and smaller but they are still at the top.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If Verse comes back he is risking a lot of money to just win the Acc at best.

They will be out of the Nc talk after week 1.

And Clemson got that young QB plenty of reps this year. They will be fine. The gap is smaller and smaller but they are still at the top.
He’s projected to be a top 10-12 pick.

I don’t care what school you attend, you’re an absolute moron to return to college if you’re slotted that high.

He’s projected to be a top 10-12 pick.

I don’t care what school you attend, you’re an absolute moron to return to college if you’re slotted that high.

That’s high for being a “portal only has **** players in it” player… 😎

Not sustainable…getting first round pick D Lineman every year…

Advertisement
Last year this staff was waiting on the “second portal wave” that never happened. They passed on players that could have been added & would have helped.

I hope we aren’t making the same mistake as I keep seeing “there will be more players in the portal” & I keep seeing players we’re not going after that can come here in help go elsewhere.

Advertisement
I was being facetious, a lot of people are losing their mind because we haven't sign many defense portal guys.
The quantity is definitely a bit lower, for now, but Davonte Brown will start for us, Maugoia good chance to start at MLB, and Gore will be a steady contributor so not a bad start we just need a couple more guys (1 DT & safety) and we're starting to look pretty good.

no doubt. I like they way the defense is coming along, a couple more big uglies in the middle will help, and they will have to address the elephant in the room. WR

Last year this staff was waiting on the “second portal wave” that never happened. They passed on players that could have been added & would have helped.

I hope we aren’t making the same mistake as I keep seeing “there will be more players in the portal” & I keep seeing players we’re not going after that can come here in help go elsewhere.

Waiting seems to be a Mario trait….he’d take a month to eat an all day sucker…

Good for them FSU needs to hit on all these portal guys because their high school recruiting has been so average has that team thin with a limited ceiling
Norvell’s strategy is probably to establish back-to-back winning seasons with elite Portal recruiting and mediocre high school recruiting. That sets up the argument that he has the best program in the State which should improve his high school recruiting.

Advertisement
Back