Transfer Portal watch

I am almost 70. In some years the elementary school teacher only accepted cursive writing. When she could not understand my cursive, she grugently accepted my printed letters. Also, in high school I also took a typing class on the old fashion electric typewriters. I was the only guy in the class and that was a good investment. Given my success, I also took Typing II.
Lol. I had to take one last elective course my senior year of high school so I took a cooking class just because I figured it would be an easy A. It was and there were only two other guys in my class and they were both freshmen. That might have been my favorite class I ever took in high school.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario and his staff can’t shut these haters up soon enough. . .
Everybody that has a dissenting opinion isn’t a hater.

The staff has done a terrific job in the Portal this offseason, they just missed the opportunity to add big time playmaker at WR, it’s okay to say that, doesn’t mean I hate the staff or am being critical of them.

Having non-homer opinions are allowed bro, yall gotta stop being so over protective thinking every one who’s not waving Pom-poms all the time is out to get the staff lol it’s okay to look at things objectively sometime.

The staff has done a terrific job in the Portal this offseason, they just missed the opportunity to add big time playmaker at WR, it’s okay to say that, doesn’t mean I hate the staff or am being critical of them.

Having non-homer opinions are allowed bro, yall gotta stop so over protective thinking every one who’s not waving Pom-poms all the time is out to get the staff lol it’s okay to look at things objectively sometime.
Hopefully people take a better understanding of this coming out of your mouth.

Having non-homer opinions are allowed bro, yall gotta stop being so over protective thinking every one who’s not waving Pom-poms all the time is out to get the staff lol it’s okay to look at things objectively sometime.

Honest question - since we DID get Ladson, would you say this is more of a "scouting" failure with Ladson, or do you think we should have taken 2 WRs? Or do you think we should have taken someone else OVER Ladson?

Advertisement
The next play he makes will be his first...

There were others who were way more productive they could’ve brought in with him.

Point being, they banked on Ladson hoping he would turn into something he hasn’t been since he’s been out of HS, then after seeing him in Spring camp they came to the conclusion they needed another WR lol.
If he doesn’t pull a hammy during practice first.

I am pretty sure ‘objectivity’ is a no no these days in every facet of life.

He cited "the hiring of AD Beta Blake James" in his application for an immediate playing time waiver, and the NCAA unanimously voted to approve his request...
Yeah, just the thought of them hiring that cuck as AD scared him to the transfer portal.

Advertisement

[/QUOTE
Hey Liberty city! I usually agree with yu 100% but none of these wr has done anything yet not even addison or ladson. So how bout they play a game before the jag label is giving to ladson!

Honest question - since we DID get Ladson, would you say this is more of a "scouting" failure with Ladson, or do you think we should have taken 2 WRs? Or do you think we should have taken someone else OVER Ladson?
Taken 2.

Ladson could carve out a role as a Red zone target similar to what Cager did here before he transferred to UGA.

But we could’ve used a savvy playmaker to add on with our young group of WR’s, it would’ve gave us more insurance & flexibility with the young guys because they wouldn’t be rushed to be expected to play above their means before they’re ready.

We have a talented group but they’re unproven & the most productive WR we have returning only has 33 catches.

Adding another playmaker would’ve made the rest of their job much easier.

ice-t hater GIF

Advertisement
Taken 2.

Ladson could carve out a role as a Red zone target similar to what Cager did here before he transferred to UGA.

But we could’ve used a savvy playmaker to add on with our young group of WR’s, it would’ve gave us more insurance & flexibility with the young guys because they wouldn’t be rushed to be expected to play above their means before they’re ready.

We have a talented group but they’re unproven & the most productive WR we have returning only has 33 catches.

Adding another playmaker would’ve made the rest of their job much easier.

You’re not wrong. We especially need speed as everyone has pointed out.

On the other hand, we were ecstatic when Brinson, George and Smith committed, not to mention Redding. Restrepo single handedly willed Deerfield Into the playoffs and had shown he is QB friendly. Keyshawn has flashed and we got Ladson back from Clemson.

That’s six kids including 4 blue chippers (K Smith was a 4 star on 247 but not composite). We gotta find a couple options out of that group, right? I mean they can’t be all strikeouts can they?

You’re not wrong. We especially need speed as everyone has pointed out.

On the other hand, we were ecstatic when Brinson, George and Smith committed, not to mention Redding. Restrepo single handedly willed Deerfield Into the playoffs and had shown he is QB friendly. Keyshawn has flashed and we got Ladson back from Clemson.

That’s six kids including 4 blue chippers (K Smith was a 4 star on 247 but not composite). We gotta find a couple options out of that group, right? I mean they can’t be all strikeouts can they?
I wasn't ecstatic about Redding or Ladson. I recall a back and forth with someone about Redding and said his absolute best case scenario was to be a #2 receiver, eventually. Unfortunately, even that is a bridge way too far.

Nah bro there are legit HATERS that never wanted Mario and some of his staff hired at Miami here on CIS. I see it. Nobody can tell me different. You’re right about opinions. That’s mine.

We’re just hoping the greatly talented WRs we do have mature the way greatly talented receivers do with good coaching and structure.

Proven is always safer but not always better. Excited to see Mello, JG, X, Key and Shard take that next step.

———————-

Was gonna leave it there but started wondering what we could expect from these guys based on age, production and scheme.

Also what we know about Gattis (and any OC)
Better QB - Bigger Playbook (Gattis’ best Qb As an OC)
Likes no huddle
Likes Space
Likes speed
Leans on best or most

Top 3

#1 - Key - 3YSph

Shows big play ability, toughness
Should take Rambo’s trust with TVD
Do it all type

Previous: 26/332/3

2022: should be top dog but will probably share until he can be consistent. If he has all the trust he can go off.

Prediction: 50/800/8

#2 - X - 3YSph

Safety valve, slippery, tough, captain
Should take Mikes trust with TVD
Attitude will keep him on the field
A nastier Renfrow

Previous: 24/373/2

2022: the most projectable player because of consistency in practice, games and off field
Will be open often in this offense that values space and his ability to create it

Prediction: 55/825/5

#3 - JG - Soph

Steady, body control, sudden, finds holes, quiet but productive

Previous: 7/183/1

2022: Ability to be in the right place at the right time will promote production. Trustable traits just needs opportunity. Biggest variable is the most important, needs to show consistent hands.

Prediction: 40/600/8

This is where it gets hairy because of youth, injuries, unpredictability

Possible Disruptors

#4 - Shard - Soph

Explosive, dynamic, powerful, big time
Gattis loves his multi-position qualities, potential in space

Previous: 14/199/2

2022: the big play ability was on big time display with 2 long TDs. Gattis saw it and took Brashard under his wing. While the biggest item for Shard to work on is his route running, he’s still one you can have packages for and run simple routes he can turn into 6. If he pulls a big improvement with routes it’ll get interesting.

Prediction: 25/500/7 and 300 rushing/3 rushing TDs

#5 - Mello - Soph

Prototypical size and length, route running is a plus, very good to great hands, creates very solid seperation.

Previous: 7/90/1

2022: my favorite receiver by far, the attitude and potential are NFL caliber. He can do everything on the field though speed won’t blow you away. Rambo ability with better route running. Health holds him back and lack of full grain gin due to it.
May have to wait till 23’ to see breakout becuase of it. Could also easily pull an Ahmmon Richards

Prediction: 30/360/5

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back