Transfer Portal watch

The next play he makes will be his first...

There were others who were way more productive they could’ve brought in with him.

Point being, they banked on Ladson hoping he would turn into something he hasn’t been since he’s been out of HS, then after seeing him in Spring camp they came to the conclusion they needed another WR lol.
Mello’s Hudl > Franks

Also, how much was Franks lack of production tied to DJ and that type of offense?

Advertisement
We’re just hoping the greatly talented WRs we do have mature the way greatly talented receivers do with good coaching and structure.

Proven is always safer but not always better. Excited to see Mello, JG, X, Key and Shard take that next step.

———————-

Was gonna leave it there but started wondering what we could expect from these guys based on age, production and scheme.

Also what we know about Gattis (and any OC)
Better QB - Bigger Playbook (Gattis’ best Qb As an OC)
Likes no huddle
Likes Space
Likes speed
Leans on best or most

Top 3

#1 - Key - 3YSph

Shows big play ability, toughness
Should take Rambo’s trust with TVD
Do it all type

Previous: 26/332/3

2022: should be top dog but will probably share until he can be consistent. If he has all the trust he can go off.

Prediction: 50/800/8

#2 - X - 3YSph

Safety valve, slippery, tough, captain
Should take Mikes trust with TVD
Attitude will keep him on the field
A nastier Renfrow

Previous: 24/373/2

2022: the most projectable player because of consistency in practice, games and off field
Will be open often in this offense that values space and his ability to create it

Prediction: 55/825/5

#3 - JG - Soph

Steady, body control, sudden, finds holes, quiet but productive

Previous: 7/183/1

2022: Ability to be in the right place at the right time will promote production. Trustable traits just needs opportunity. Biggest variable is the most important, needs to show consistent hands.

Prediction: 40/600/8

This is where it gets hairy because of youth, injuries, unpredictability

Possible Disruptors

#4 - Shard - Soph

Explosive, dynamic, powerful, big time
Gattis loves his multi-position qualities, potential in space

Previous: 14/199/2

2022: the big play ability was on big time display with 2 long TDs. Gattis saw it and took Brashard under his wing. While the biggest item for Shard to work on is his route running, he’s still one you can have packages for and run simple routes he can turn into 6. If he pulls a big improvement with routes it’ll get interesting.

Prediction: 25/500/7 and 300 rushing/3 rushing TDs

#5 - Mello - Soph

Prototypical size and length, route running is a plus, very good to great hands, creates very solid seperation.

Previous: 7/90/1

2022: my favorite receiver by far, the attitude and potential are NFL caliber. He can do everything on the field though speed won’t blow you away. Rambo ability with better route running. Health holds him back and lack of full grain gin due to it.
May have to wait till 23’ to see breakout becuase of it. Could also easily pull an Ahmmon Richards

Prediction: 30/360/5
Did I count 41 touchdowns among the WR? Sign me up for that ****.

We’re just hoping the greatly talented WRs we do have mature the way greatly talented receivers do with good coaching and structure.

Proven is always safer but not always better. Excited to see Mello, JG, X, Key and Shard take that next step.

———————-

Was gonna leave it there but started wondering what we could expect from these guys based on age, production and scheme.

Also what we know about Gattis (and any OC)
Better QB - Bigger Playbook (Gattis’ best Qb As an OC)
Likes no huddle
Likes Space
Likes speed
Leans on best or most

Top 3

#1 - Key - 3YSph

Shows big play ability, toughness
Should take Rambo’s trust with TVD
Do it all type

Previous: 26/332/3

2022: should be top dog but will probably share until he can be consistent. If he has all the trust he can go off.

Prediction: 50/800/8

#2 - X - 3YSph

Safety valve, slippery, tough, captain
Should take Mikes trust with TVD
Attitude will keep him on the field
A nastier Renfrow

Previous: 24/373/2

2022: the most projectable player because of consistency in practice, games and off field
Will be open often in this offense that values space and his ability to create it

Prediction: 55/825/5

#3 - JG - Soph

Steady, body control, sudden, finds holes, quiet but productive

Previous: 7/183/1

2022: Ability to be in the right place at the right time will promote production. Trustable traits just needs opportunity. Biggest variable is the most important, needs to show consistent hands.

Prediction: 40/600/8

This is where it gets hairy because of youth, injuries, unpredictability

Possible Disruptors

#4 - Shard - Soph

Explosive, dynamic, powerful, big time
Gattis loves his multi-position qualities, potential in space

Previous: 14/199/2

2022: the big play ability was on big time display with 2 long TDs. Gattis saw it and took Brashard under his wing. While the biggest item for Shard to work on is his route running, he’s still one you can have packages for and run simple routes he can turn into 6. If he pulls a big improvement with routes it’ll get interesting.

Prediction: 25/500/7 and 300 rushing/3 rushing TDs

#5 - Mello - Soph

Prototypical size and length, route running is a plus, very good to great hands, creates very solid seperation.

Previous: 7/90/1

2022: my favorite receiver by far, the attitude and potential are NFL caliber. He can do everything on the field though speed won’t blow you away. Rambo ability with better route running. Health holds him back and lack of full grain gin due to it.
May have to wait till 23’ to see breakout becuase of it. Could also easily pull an Ahmmon Richards

Prediction: 30/360/5
I said in another thread it’s not like we got a bunch of JAGS. Rambo and Harley took most of the snaps last year and the youngin’s didn’t get to play much. Hopefully, with better coaching and TVD getting to spend more time with them, they’ll step up and live up to their potential.

Advertisement
I said in another thread it’s not like we got a bunch of JAGS. Rambo and Harley took most of the snaps last year and the youngin’s didn’t get to play much. Hopefully, with better coaching and TVD getting to spend more time with them, they’ll step up and live up to their potential.
Yep! To everyone’s concern, of course, we don’t have a lot of proven guys to be fair.

But we also don’t have other options outside of TE, so we are go to have to throw to our receivers.

But wasn’t he a freshman/sophomore? And had like 3 NFL guys in front of him?
He was injured for most of his first 3 seasons... But if the logic is, him being young as the reason for lack of production that’s an interesting contrast with the expectations of the current FR/Soph we have now who many are expecting to be productive.

Is it possible he plays better than he has the entire time he’s been in college this season? Sure it’s possible.
Is it likely? I guess 🤷🏽‍♂️... Maybe he could have an All-conference season & be one of the best WR’s on the team, there’s not a lot of evidence to base that on, but who needs a silly thing like that lol...

I think he can play a similar role to what Cager did for us as a big red zone threat & that would be fine.

The WR’s will be great & putting up great numbers this year, one of them will emerge.

Advertisement
I think the issue is he had the opportunity to come in and take it during the spring just like Rambo did. Seems like he should atleast have come away as an unquestioned starter.
Oh I’m not questioning that at all, just saying he didn’t have that opportunity at Clemson as a freshman behind Tee Wiggins, and Ross and Rodgers.

Also wasn’t super impressed by his high school film so not surprised he isn’t setting the world on fire.

He was injured for most of his first 3 seasons... But if the logic is, him being young as the reason for lack of production that’s an interesting contrast with the expectations of the current FR/Soph we have now who many are expecting to be productive.

Is it possible he plays better than he has the entire time he’s been in college this season? Sure it’s possible.
Is it likely? I guess 🤷🏽‍♂️... Maybe he could have an All-conference season & be one of the best WR’s on the team, there’s not a lot of evidence to base that on, but who needs a silly thing like that lol...

I think he can play a similar role to what Cager did for us as a big red zone threat & that would be fine.

The WR’s will be great & putting up great numbers this year, one of them will emerge.

I think I’m giving off the wrong vibes. I’m in no way saying Ladson is the answer. Just saying it wasn’t like it was a perfect scenario for him to succeed. He had to wait his turn and when he really got it he got hurt and got a crud QB.

However, no he didn’t steal any spots and couldn’t stay healthy.

Both can be true.

I have similar Cager/Langham vibes from Frank, especially since he didn’t do much in spring.

Also more time with TVD could produce more results.

We don’t know what we can actually expect.

Boys, he is politely saying he gave the kid a mf’n parade a few years ago. He’s now back, so let’s see if he can rock and roll.

Advertisement
Nah bro there are legit HATERS that never wanted Mario and some of his staff hired at Miami here on CIS. I see it. Nobody can tell me different. You’re right about opinions. That’s mine.
I didn't want him hired. I still think there were better options. But that was before I realized Ruiz was Marios brother in law. I think Mario may not be that great of a coach, but what Ruiz brings to the table is more than any other coach could have brought us. So I am happy with the hire now.

Advertisement
Everybody that has a dissenting opinion isn’t a hater.

The staff has done a terrific job in the Portal this offseason, they just missed the opportunity to add big time playmaker at WR, it’s okay to say that, doesn’t mean I hate the staff or am being critical of them.

Having non-homer opinions are allowed bro, yall gotta stop being so over protective thinking every one who’s not waving Pom-poms all the time is out to get the staff lol it’s okay to look at things objectively sometime.
Hey 🐐 @Liberty City El, @Confidence1000 here. Do u think Ladson will be our deep threat this year (pause)? Bc when he was at Clemson I saw him get behind a few ppl (pause) including our defense. He just seemed to drop a few. I’ll hang up & listen

Advertisement
Back