Transfer Portal watch

Yall better offer Cam William's @RattlerCane305
He playin'. Ninja coulda been on The Hill last season. I'm always for a U-FAMU exchange program. If you're at FAMU and say you win the Buck Buchanan, and you wanna test the P5 waters, come on down. If you're at The U and it ain't workin' out, go to FAM and prove you ain't a JAG after all. We already have the best HBCU-PWI relationship in the state hands down, so it's a natural fit to me...

Advertisement
Flagg is NOT BY FAR THE WORST. Flagg is very serviceable as a second team LB and a team player. Been around UM FOOTBALLS SINCE 1982 and a season ticket holder for over 32 years. It's fans like JSY that make me sick! He is here to get an education too JSY recruit. Did that ever occur to you?
Alright
Can u think of 5 other players u would rather portal out before Flagg?

^ I see Christian Davis who just got drafted in the 3rd round. Stand him up 1st and 2nd then send him on 3rd. Sounds like you need to do more research on the multitude of LBers that are carried these instead of thinking it’s the 90’s and LBers only do one thing.
Looking; who he played for and where did he get drafted? Post film if you have it.

Advertisement
Alright
Can u think of 5 other players u would rather portal out before Flagg?
Off the top of my head at least 2-3 I'd clearly rather see go. Then a handful of others I'd consider similar talents (guys who very well may never contribute). The OL, depending on physical development of youngsters (difficult to project) could get close to 5 not counting any other positions.
Flagg should be serviceable depth; not his fault his role was expanded due to lack of talent at his position.

Advertisement
Yea. they would use him as a traditional LBer then bring him on pass downs. We could do the exact same thing with him.
Yea, Christian Harris is much more fluid, runs a 4.4 with plus athleticism, and is a little bigger than Isaiah Land at 6'1" 226lbs. Harris is also known to have 'good zone coverage awareness and speed to carry vertical threats in the seam'. They aren't comparable as athletes or players.

Maybe there are other highlights for Land where he's dropping into coverage and setting the edge as a run defender or show his coverage skills, but I only saw an undersized rush end that doesn't have tremendous athleticism to go with his length.

I'd imagine we want plug and play guys from the portal who are demonstrably better than what we already have, no?

If I were president I’d fix the whole transfer portal/NIL thing by doing the following.

1. Can only transfer without penalty for family reasons or if your head coach leaves or is fired. Would be open to expanding this to position coach or just Coordinator too.

2. As a freshman, You have to attend a school for a minimum of one fall season/semester.

3. NIL salary CAP. All P5 schools get the same CAP. Max compensation on what an individual player can earn.

4. Not eligible for NIL until sophomore season. I know when I was 18/19 I was in zero position to be handed $500,000…I would have ended up in a gutter. Or maybe allow everyone to receive it, but freshman have that money held in an account and receive a monthly stipend.

5. Performance incentive. If you earn all conference honors or all American, the amount you can earn as an individual goes up and does not impact your teams salary cap.

6. Mandatory personal finance course, NIL course, and agent course.

It’s great Miami has people like Ruiz, but this stuff is going to hurt the ACC. What other ACC schools are making a big commitment to NIL? It’s going to weaken the conference which negatively impacts Miami.

11068632.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
If I were president I’d fix the whole transfer portal/NIL thing by doing the following.

1. Can only transfer without penalty for family reasons or if your head coach leaves or is fired. Would be open to expanding this to position coach or just Coordinator too.

2. As a freshman, You have to attend a school for a minimum of one fall season/semester.

3. NIL salary CAP. All P5 schools get the same CAP. Max compensation on what an individual player can earn.

4. Not eligible for NIL until sophomore season. I know when I was 18/19 I was in zero position to be handed $500,000…I would have ended up in a gutter. Or maybe allow everyone to receive it, but freshman have that money held in an account and receive a monthly stipend.

5. Performance incentive. If you earn all conference honors or all American, the amount you can earn as an individual goes up and does not impact your teams salary cap.

It’s great Miami has people like Ruiz, but this stuff is going to hurt the ACC. What other ACC schools are making a big commitment to NIL? It’s going to weaken the conference which negatively impacts Miami.
This wouldn’t help one bit. The bag schools would still be paying freshman and getting everybody. After that it would be the same free for all when they’re looking for more PT.

why should a kid on scholarship for academics be allowed to make money off their NIL but a football player has to wait until he’s a sophomore?

Advertisement
Back