Transfer Portal watch

He's a tweaner and a project who provides back-end depth at this juncture.. Great motor with elite frame for LB, but lacks size to play DE and athleticism or fluidity to drop in coverage as a LB. Hopefully they can land DJ Coleman.

Definitely a tweener size wise. I haven’t followed FAMU so I don’t know him at all but has he always been an end? If so, the man has only rushed the passer and gone forward with his ears pinned back his whole career. We know absolutely nothing about his ability to play off the ball in any way, shape, or form and have no idea if he can do it or if he’d be a fish out of water. He is a pas rusher, an extremely light one at that. If he had multiple years to play and had come in the spring then maybe it would be worth a shot to see if he had the ability to do some off the ball stuff but getting here in the summer + only having one year to play? Nah, do what you know how to do and have only done for the past 4 years. Pin your ears back and go get the QB. Again, I would much rather prefer Coleman. I doubt we kick tires here so it’s all moot but good discussion though.

Advertisement
I like Agunde and Mesidor is cool and all but who gonna get us sacks?
The guys you just mentioned are gonna rack up sacks this d-line group as a whole is big on talent and you could say second best to Clemson in the conference

You sleeping on both. Mesidoor is a nfl player. Imo we have a nice balance with the rotation. The DL is far better this year than last.
Both seem like capable starters but neither have been pass rushers. I'd feel a lot better with guy who has had some history getting after QB.
The guys you just mentioned are gonna rack up sacks this d-line group as a whole is big on talent and you could say second best to Clemson in the conference
Would be nice but neither have done it before. I think it for gone conclusion we will be better against the run but pass rush is hope at this point.

Both seem like capable starters but neither have been pass rushers. I'd feel a lot better with guy who has had some history getting after QB.

Would be nice but neither have done it before. I think it for gone conclusion we will be better against the run but pass rush is hope at this point.
He has nine sacks his first two years on campus , at a position that normally takes some time to develop. We have him going into his money making year. Our DL went from a weakness to a strength. Keeping JHH and Miller gives us more depth than we’ve had in awhile.

Last edited:
Advertisement
And I think our sack leader this year ends up being Taylor from the interior
I think it’ll be a pretty high number but more by committee. Agude is the one to watch with a big year. Hes being slept on, Mesidoor is expected to be a big dog.

We have a bunch of grown men in the two deep minus Taylor.

The trenches is where that’s a must.

He has nine sacks his first two years on campus , at a position that normally takes some time to develop. We got him going into his memory making year. Our DL went from a weakness to a strength. Keeping JHH and Miller gives up more depth than we’ve had in awhile.
Would still be nice to add a LB.

Advertisement
I think it’ll be a pretty high number but more by committee. Agude is the one to watch with a big year. Hes being slept on, Mesidoor is expected to be a big dog.

Messidor, Jackson and LT are going to help the EDGE guys big-time. Agude with Rod Wright coaching him…..love it.

Harvey and Chantz could really step up, too. They will have specialized teaching from Wright and, oh, yeah, JASON TAYLOR!!!

Advertisement

From your lips to Gods ears on Agude. I don’t know much about him. I’m over the moon about Mesidor though. I do think that hurries or pressures is a more important stat than actual sacks. I’m still a little skeptical on where we get a lot of sacks. I just need to see this group with my own eyes. Lot of new faces. But I do think this group has the potential to get pressure/hurries.

Where I think we can also improve is when rushing more than 4. Our blitzing has been pathetic for years. I’m hoping to see much better, creative, disguised blitzes under Steele.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back